Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Okay so here are my specs (everything standard, no OC or anything):

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
i7860 @2.8 GHZ
8 Gigs of RAM
GeForce GTX 550 Ti

And here is what the game looks like, maintaining between 10 and 30 (mostly 20-25ish) FPS, using the .ini files in the OP:

Game was unplayable on Low stock standard settings. These are the ugliest settings I've had to use in a while but it can only get better; it's playable but it ain't pretty. Guess I have a year to save for a new rig...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

I spawned in today went to cook some meat. As I did so, a guy rode up on a scorp and tranquilized me. He stole all my stuff, then poo poo on me. Then he got on his scorpion, and it poo poo on me. Then he rode away.

I was dying laughing the whole time so I missed his name so I can't make it my mission in live to hunt him down.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

I want a Mad Max mod so bad so that we can have servers with the bullet farm, the citadel and gastown all battling it out. could be tough to adapt the training mechanic to cars, though

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

What can I change in my options to get non-single digits fps? I've got a recent build pc and a 105mb/s connection and this game is barely playable on Official 40

use the .ini settings linked in the OP

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

The game's a year out from release and is as of now totally unoptimized. Fighting one dodo on the beach, they rubberband like crazy. Combat is not stable.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

So if I log in and I have to spawn but I logged out inside a building that's still 100% intact, that basically means someone noclipped my house to gaffle my poo poo- right?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

I'm playing it (albeit very uglily, using the settings from this thread) with a 550ti, 8 gigs of ram and a 2.5 gig i7. I paid for it and it's been totally worth it; SRL told me the same thing, that I met the minimums.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

The auto-queue is useless for a game this popular. You're better off trying to join manually.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

There have been numerous occasions where I try the autoqueue for half an hour with no results, and then I'm in game within 5 minutes after trying to join manually (always official server 22). YMMV, I suppose.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

PvP with 15-20 people on such a huge map sounds kind of unbearable.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Elderbean posted:

How much has the game been optimized since launch? What can I expect now with a GTX680?

still blows

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

it'll be cool to play this game on something other than a potato, your screenshots all make me jelly

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

I think not wiping at least one more time would be a giant mistake but the playerbase is really invested and believes the devs when they say they won't wipe again (a year out? come on)

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

You won't have much fun playing solo.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

I really feel like a Texas catheter, a 2 liter bottle of soylent, and Hunger Games/Survival of the Fittest type weekend marathons will end up being the best way to play

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Turtlicious posted:

I think PvE on weekdays, and PvP on weekends, would be pretty rad. It give you a reason to log-in and defend your poo poo, and let's you do the cool grinding poo poo the rest of the week.

Came here to post exactly this. Weekday carebear, weekend warrior.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

They have to wipe before launch, right? I mean, they have to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

weekend servers with catheterized meth heads playing hunger games in taco bell sponsored tournaments