Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Archonex posted:

So how do I get in contact with other goons? The link in the OP just had the mumble info removed. Apparently due to someone being an idiot.

In other news, this game is loving awesome. I have a lovely little base on server 40 from which I murder every dinosaur in a one mile radius. :black101:

Walk around on the beach on the northern coast, there is a good chance you will wind up in the prison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

If you knock out the bottom, wont this entire thing explode?

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
How viable are tree houses and water bases? I was playing around with some thatch stuff and the whole tower explodes when you knock out the foundation.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

lilspooky posted:

Can somebody tell me the best place to find a sabertooth? I'm thinking of trying to find one to tame it and have a means of efficiently carving up animals for meat / chitin / keratin.

Ya, you gotta be careful since knocking out supporting structures will cause the stuff above to come crashing down. You can build a pillar with a ceiling on top of it but if the pillar goes then everything else goes too. You can kinda mitigate this by building walls down from the ceiling that hide the pillar and force somebody to expend more damage to cut their way in to bring things down.

Water bases are not currently viable due to them being well....flooded. That being said they plan to add undersea structures sometime in the development cycle. So you'll be able to have an undersea base. Hopefully it won't have some ridiculous expensive requirements to keep it viable or something.

lilspooky posted:

Can somebody tell me the best place to find a sabertooth? I'm thinking of trying to find one to tame it and have a means of efficiently carving up animals for meat / chitin / keratin.

Ya, you gotta be careful since knocking out supporting structures will cause the stuff above to come crashing down. You can build a pillar with a ceiling on top of it but if the pillar goes then everything else goes too. You can kinda mitigate this by building walls down from the ceiling that hide the pillar and force somebody to expend more damage to cut their way in to bring things down.

Water bases are not currently viable due to them being well....flooded. That being said they plan to add undersea structures sometime in the development cycle. So you'll be able to have an undersea base. Hopefully it won't have some ridiculous expensive requirements to keep it viable or something.

That stinks, I found a great lake on the eastern coast and I had the idea to build a kind of floating base in the middle as it seemed very defendable. I also thought a bridge out to a man made goon island in the ocean seemed cool.