Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
This is a weird loving game, i'm gonna play it

you can't stop me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Dinosaurs are so loving cool

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

pioneermax posted:

https://survivalservers.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Create_an_ARK:_Survival_Evolved_Dedicated_Server_Guide

This is apparently the how to with a sever setup, however they have left out like 90% of the info.

Eh, it's a start at least.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

I'll do ANYTHINg for dinosaurs

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

whoaa this game is really unoptimized

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

i'm looking forward to this game having a playable framerate, as it is I'm near vomiting from the stuttering now.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

MrDorf posted:

Seriously though this is the most playable and genuinely enjoyable early access game since Kerbal Space Program. If they can continue to improve the content and balance over the next several months they'll have an amazing full release.

This seems like a bit much to me. Yea the gameplay seems really neat but it's basically unplayable at the moment from the graphical issues.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

nightwisher posted:

i5 3550 @ 3.8Ghz, 8GB DDR3 and a 7850 2GB old rear end videocard, i get 30-50fps with everyone on medium except high textures and low shadows, all the SSAO stuff turned off at 1440x900. Turned the sky quality and ground clutter all the way down. Still looks decent and runs well though it bogs down around jurassic ark when there's a tonne of people around. It needs SERIOUS optimisation but quite frankly I'd rather have an EA game with a lot of already implemented gameplay and poo poo performance than vice versa. Optimising is easier than desperately trying to implement your pie in the sky game design fantasies into your 17kb ultra-tuned engine.

Even with the resolution that low I'm still getting 10-20 fps with a much more updated rig than yours. I'm not gonna lose my mind at these guys, but it's really frustrating because I want to play dinosaurs.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

I keep logging in and trying to play whenever it updates, hoping I can play at a decent fps.

Alas

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

lilspooky posted:

Get a GTX 970.
I know this is one of those perpetual revolving door things, but know that a new generation of nvidias come out in 2016 and is "10 times more powerful" or whatever marketing buzz nvidia is throwing on it. So keep that in mind before you dole out big money for a card.

That said def get a 970, the 980s arent worth an extra 150$$ and they are better than 960 for the price difference.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Jackard posted:

The 980 was a ridiculous $600,

:yikes:

the 970 was $350 and the 960 was only $200

The 960 is a perfectly great card if you're on a budget. Don't even blink an eye at it if you don't want to spend the extra on a 970. And 980, lol

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

ScorpioMajesty posted:

So I just bought this and I have a nvidia 660m graphics card. Will I run into any major problems or will it just not be as pretty? Also were on server 40 right? Is there room on that server or is there another von server I will need to join?

Right now, with a 660m you will get 5-10 fps on the lowest setting until they optimize it. sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Archonex posted:

Not that it's a big deal, but you probably shouldn't post screenshots of the base like that in this thread. Someone might get the location from that.

Edit: And it's the same server.

don't be so paranoid