Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Is there going to be a private game thread for this game, or steam group?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

queeb posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/arkgoons

Threw that together quickly, feel free to join. I'll pretty it up later.

Edit: apparently a performance patch just went out?

edit2: yeah, definitely seeing some performance gains, mad props to these devs.

Thanks, I'll hop in here later today

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
A similar question I had was for taming, what is the best way to make an enclosure for taming in. Also what about for taming something that didn't quite make it to said enclosure? Would wood walls on fence posts be good enough here?

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Playing with goons I have seen small fights and big fights spanning over several hours, as well as countless hours of offline raiding (raiding and being raided). I have yet to see PvO hinder online pvp, lots of times bigger tribes have a mostly 24 player base and these fights go out of control and are crazy fun (Goons taking the caldera on 360). Without offline raiding these people might be on a lot less, in sandbox games you need people living and working in the sandbox in order to disrupt it (pvp). No sandbox game can ever work with rulesets that promote some kind of artificial safety. Also if you are smart about it you should never have much to lose when being raided, turn the majority of your materials into structure assets that further make it harder to raid you.