Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

Should probably password the goon server given how many people are trying to join any public server and crashing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

Cool.

Here have this.

steam://connect/5.189.181.254:27015

Unfortunately that server is behind on updates, you can't join if you have the newest update.

We should probably find an official server that keeps up with updates before we get too invested in that one.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

Goons on mumble says they're on official server 40.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

This thing is so fast.

Btw the two back paths out of the base are now walled. If you want to bring a dinosaur in either have it jump off a cliff or use the front route.

Monowhatever posted:

Do you mean utah raptors? Or the little dilos? Cause those utah must take hours to tame

Nah took me about 35 meat and ~10 narcotics.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

Apparently there was a performance bug fix right after the update that a lot of goons probably didn't get.

Probably contributed to the horrible losses we took.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

This rubberbanding is awful, apparently it's due to underspecced servers.

Should we try to find a better server?

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

I'd be willing to move to the private server, anybody else up for it?

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

orangelex44 posted:

The new patch is tripling the metal drop per rock AND increasing the number of metal rocks in mountains.

That makes wooden bases a lot harder to defend, since they're not increasing the limiting resource(keratin/chitin) on metal walls.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

Welp the Chaos guys have a lvl 60 and a T-Rex mount. That thing destroy even metal walls very quickly. They attacked our mountain base and the goons that went after it all died despite fairly high level mounts and players.

We dismantled mountain base and moved it back to main base. Everybody needs to carry tranq arrows because it looks like that's the only way to bring it down barring a T-Rex of our own.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

SweetBro posted:

So far I've tried only with Pterodactyls, will let you know as soon as I can mount murderbirds. Although partially I hope you can't, cause otherwise murder bird is just a better Pterodactyl.

It can't.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

So what are we doing? Moving to the goon server or rebuilding?

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

lilspooky posted:

Apparently you can still up the gamma with GPU setting or whatever the gently caress that means? I heard people mentioning it on my server. :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

LuciferMorningstar posted:

No one wants to give up the progress they've made, especially the people that already poopsocked to 60. Most people also don't seem super-bothered by the rubber banding.

You can transfer your character, some gear, and I think one dino(don't quote me) with you.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

LuciferMorningstar posted:

People keep talking about this transfer thing, but no one has ever (to my knowledge) actually said anything particularly specific about it. The main thing I keep hearing is that it's disabled on the official servers, and since we're on an official server, that sounds like a problem. It might be a way to convince people to branch out, but everyone will need more details first, I think.

Downloading is currently disabled on official servers, but uploading is enabled.

As the poster above me said, you just go to an obelisk and go through the process. Then when you're on a private server that enabled downloads(pretty much all of them) you hit download character instead of create new character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

orangelex44 posted:

Improving crafting speed is confirmed as useless, right? It doesn't secretly reduce required materials or anything? Hell, has anyone even bothered to try picking it as an upgrade?

Devs themselves said it's only useful if you're doing some sort of single player infinite resource lego poo poo.