Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
Is official server 40 not showing up on the list for anyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011

minchar posted:

Try steam server browser.

Ok that got me on. Now how do i get to goon camp?

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
So goon island was attacked by two guys, YYQ and Ghandi, both lvl 40+. from a tribe called Nicotine. They had set up a base on the top at some point and had two dactyls they used to fly in. We destroyed their base and dactyls but they managed to glitch their way through the first cave door. We finally got them killed but everything in there was destroyed. The stuff behind the gate under water is fine though depleted from the fighting. No clue if they'll come back or not.

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
Old PGS thread OP isn't updating with what we need, new one was made.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726742

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011

Carecat posted:

The official patch notes say "- Raised Max Tamed Dino Level Additions to 38" in 174, so it shouldn't be 40 levels on tame dinos. If you suggest using a scorpion they are also going to need to know to tame one with a very low taming efficiency to decrease the melee damage and that they are going to have to kite/tank heavily due to the slow torpor over time of the venom. Depending on the victims level that can take minutes and you can't be certain of how many hits you're going to need to KO them.

Using a bird to carry tranq bow wielding players is going to be a better technique for taking big scary critters unless you really want to min/max your taming effectiveness.

I'll add in that scorps can kill dinos before knocking them out. While the patch notes don't say 40 levels, thats an oversight on their part. We found out ingame with multiple dinos that we could gain 40 levels. I had a sabertooth that tamed at level 16 go all the way to 56.

We have tested bird carrying people wielding bows, but the problem is any arrows they fire hit the bird. This include aiming straight down.

The best strategy I've found so far is to either have two people, one kiting and other firing tranqs, or stand on top of a trex set to passive. Because only spinos will aggro a trex, everything else will try to attack you and do nothing if they can't reach you. Larger dinos probably can but haven't tested.