Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

nightwisher posted:

UE4 actually. It's funny how similar both engines look when at full detail settings. The underwater color refraction looks almost identical to cryengines implementation.

It's a custom renderer which explains why there's a lot of optimisation to be done that would otherwise already be included in the basic UE4 renderers.

It's interesting that it is UE4 considering they are doing some funky screen space reflections that by default UE4 does better. They really don't seem to be leveraging the assets of UE. In other news youse' have forced me to try this game. I hope I can find some low ping server for Australian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Clinton1011 posted:

The fact that they are rendering water under all terrain could be the cause of the lag.

The general way water is done is you have a water plane follow the character around which deforms and reacts to the local environment. Since the plane is always the same size and always present the cost is constant. Sure, you could save frames when on land, but then you'd still lag at the waters edge. This is typical of games.

I can't really work out why the game would run poor. Maybe they just have stupid detail models.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Givin posted:

Goons are in the process of knocking out a T Rex right now. We have it trapped inside our base.

Massive amounts of slingshots and stones are being thrown.

EDIT: T Rex is down. Taming in progress.

Please report back in four hours where it drowns a few minutes after taming.

edit: This is not a joke. The number one leading cause of death of T-Rex's is drowning. Don't let safety sink.

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 5, 2015

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Had to request a refund. The games runs just incredibly poorly on my computer which is one of them silly high spec things. Even with tiny resolution and settings all turned down. It is amazing what they have achieved here.