Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

If this is anything like rust then i'm probably going to end up sinking hundreds of hours into this.
poo poo looks fun

*Edit:
Looks like they bumped back the release by another few hours.

quote:

Hello everyone!

Working on final server testing. The island of ARK: Survival Evolved will open on Steam at 2pm PST // 5pm EST // 9PM GMT.

TwatHammer fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

There are pubbies already crying about being kos'd already on the steam forums and how raiding is immoral. :shrug:

loving with these guys is going to be the best source of tears.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Riding a herd of raptors onto the beach and wrecking pubs is going to be cool and good. Or carrying them off over the ocean and dropping them to drown.

From what i've seen via streams is that you can drag people you've knocked out into the water and let them drown. You can possibly over-encumber them so they cant get out of the water to not drown.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Seems a slingshot to the head is a insta KO

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Anyone got any plans for grouping up when this actually goes on sale? Nothing more fun than smashing pubbies with other goons.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Oh neat. thanks. Must have missed that.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Raioner posted:

Is there a limit to the number of dino's you can have? cause I want to recreate the scene from Jurassic Park where the little foot tall dino's eat that dude.

I dont think there is a limit to how many you can tame, but more of a how to keep them all fed type of thing.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

The streams have made it abundantly clear that im going to enjoy the living gently caress out of this game, very much so like legacy rust.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Nothing wrong with new rust at all. Last time i played rust is what is now legacy. Its probably just as fun now as it was back then but never got around to playing it again.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Its out.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

I'll see you all on the server in a couple of hours. Slow download speed here.
Then i'll be completely up for getting smashed in the back of the head by other goons.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

I thought those obelisks were similar to rust airdrops and gave you loot if you walked up and opened it. Boss spawns are pretty cool too.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

You're not wrong. The different-colored beams of light (I've seen white, yellow, green, and I think blue?) point to crate drop locations that you can open if you meet a certain level requirement. I wouldn't call those obelisks, though. That said, the thing I'm referring to isn't exactly an obelisk, either, since it's basically a giant floating construct that seems to be located over an arena or altar of some sort.

E: Do we have a Steam group or Mumble channel for this?

I saw the ones with the level req's from watching liriks stream. Never got to see him open one though. Could be both, who knows.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

What the gently caress. I leave for 5 hours and you all go and mount up raptors?
Looks like i've got some catching upto do, not to mention buffing those walls.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Im hoping im still able to play this. Crashes on launch now. That and i cant yell in mumble since my PC decided i dont have a mic.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Managed to get the game working. Joined then spawned and then WHAP. Crashed. Anyone had this error before?

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Got to love metal pikes. So much more fun than the bow.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

RIP server. Loaded in after the patch and got instant mauled by carnos in full flak armor.
Didnt want that armor anyway.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

I could also just boot everyone from the tribe and reinvite from there.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Today, we helped our neighbors clean out their cabinets :3:

They are still so very, very salty.
I think we killed:
3/4 Trikes
6 Raptors
1 level 46 TRex
1 Carno
1 Scorpion

All in all, we had a poo poo load of fun while murdering these nerds. Not to mention the huge amount of loot we made from them.

TwatHammer fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jun 10, 2015

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

nightwisher posted:

I went on a deep cave exploration trip in a flooded sinkhole I found at the bottom of a huge cave system. I managed to find a small tunnel at the bottom of the sinkhole that lead into a snaking network of underwater tunnels punctuated by a few small pockets of air. I spent about 15 minutes exploring before I died to schools of piranha fish, but it looks like there might be some really good poo poo down there. Goddamn it is freaky swimming through the dark tunnels though.

edit: I learned two things today: One, that you have to place IEDs on structures, they can't just be placed wherever you want on the ground. So I built a fence foundation and wired up two IEDs to make a tripwire just inside our gate. The second thing I learned is that IED's don't care if you're friendly or enemy, they blow the gently caress up either way if you accidentally trip it.

Now we can add death by friendly IED's to your list of things killed by

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Why am i so good at finding poo poo that breaks my game?

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Tamed my first Argenavis, It can snatch people up but i've yet to figure out how yet since it isnt right click like the pteradon.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Hezzy posted:

Can't log in. Takes me straight back to the main menu after loading everything, but with no mouse pointer. Weird bug. I see that some other people were having trouble logging in, too?

I have that issue currently but when i did log in, My character died with all my poo poo on him and my body and lootbag ~vanished~, good to know that i lost so much poo poo because of that, Really liked that rifle and assault rifle too. That rifle instigated so many pubbie tears on official40.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

My best moments on Offical 40 so far have been loving around with the Argentavis. Some guy in chat was crying that he was getting mauled by some wild spino so i asked if he needed help and que the fun, He told me exactly where he was so me and kabouki decided to go gently caress with him. I sniped his buddy who was right infront of us and then i hopped on my bird and decided i would have my fun. I would dive down on him and right before i would attack i would yell kaw-kaw through proximity chat and then kill him. I managed to do this like 5 times and oh boy, the rage in chat was just simply the best.

People in the tribe were asking if it was me doing that because of how long it was going on for. Everytime i did it and he pinged up in chat mumble erupted into laughter. Towards the end of our fun kabouki picked him up on his ptereadon and dropped him infront of the spino nearby. There were roughly 9 loot bags on the ground from where this guy had been killed. The highlight though was when everyone just started making bird jokes to this guy. tumblr hottie managed to get the blame for it all even though he was nowhere near the scene.

Overall 10/10 GOTY right here.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

They really need to move "rename tribe" and "leave tribe" away from each other. Guess which one i clicked and had a friendly t-rex come barreling after me.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

RIP tribe. This update broke all tribe related things.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Jackard posted:

I hear the patch dropped. Are tribes and/or servers unfucked

Tribes are still royaly hosed

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

There's plentiful amounts of threads up on the steam forums detialing the same issue that we're having too

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Had some disgruntled guy on server 40 add me on steam and tell me he wanted to gently caress his friends over. Long story short i got him to unclaim his 2 t-rex's and 3 carnos and claimed them for myself and poo poo load of loot. Not to mention leveling their entire base. Felt appropriate to leave a sign saying "Twatpocalypse" in place. Since everyone in that base had proclaimed their undying hate for me. Should make for a great trail of tears over the next few hours when they log back in.

Never not scam pubbies in ARK.

TwatHammer fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 18, 2015

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Grey Fox posted:

watching the chat live now, grats, Twathammer; I haven't seen people get this pissy in a multiplayer game in a while :)

Honestly the fallout from tonight has been the best in a while. He's been going at it for like 5 hours, I've just logged off and he was still at it so, probably more in him left to go. Poor darwinism has been tormenting that poor oval office the entire time.

Edit*
The saga continues.
[After the whole, taking his 2 t-rex's and 3 carnos ect]

From this nights evening of fun. Props to kuobuki for snapping these up.

Honestly, there are so many screencaps of the cat that it got too much. Visceral and co have been salty as poo poo since we went rolling around the map with sky cancer. I took some but not too many from my own view, http://imgur.com/a/HsD5A

TwatHammer fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jun 20, 2015

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

I can guarantee chat is going to be salty as poo poo for the next few days. Or untill the whiny pissbabys decide to jump ship.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Shadefyre posted:

That same Bob guy was trying to find you tonight for some other plot.

No idea what that guy wants.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

89 posted:

Anybody with a 970 GTX that can vouch for how well the game runs for you?

Playing on high/ultra with ~50-60fps so far

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

I gave up trying to get in. spent an hour trying to connect, got to character creation and then crashed when i clicked spawn.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Monowhatever posted:

But that was barely anytime for you get lost! You gotta get back in there

When i did get in, Oh boy did i get lost. If some goons hadnt come and found me i'd still be wandering around. Give it time, i'll be getting lost oh so much back in that cave.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

That sounds like an awful idea.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Sh4 posted:

Your resolution scaling must be way off, it averages 30 FPS on a 970 and like 35 on 980's

These are my current settings. I get very little fps drop other than when loading into gooncave.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Or if you're like me, punch everyone in the dick and have fun. Then get lost while trying to make it back to base and punch even more people in the dick on the way. Mostly the reason server40 hated me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Good job goons. Some pubbie is crying on forums about you.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/523890528708849665/