Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I know this game's island is pre-genned rather than procedural but is the island itself filled with cool poo poo? One of the things I loved about Terraria/Minecraft was having to make/explore huge cave systems, with the best stuff being really far down, and that as you went further afield in the world you found cooler stuff like the Terraria giant underground temple, or the Minecraft alternate-dimension-thing. Is anything like that in or planned for the game? I like everything else about it but I've been burned by this genre too many times to click Buy so quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
How realistic is it to play this game alone? I know there's a goon server but the idea of just striking out alone on some foreign server is fairly appealing. So far though it feels like the second I feel reasonably prepared (I'm like level 7 so that's basically full cloth and primitive stone) to head away from the beaches I get destroyed by some insanely high-level insects or something I can't possibly kill. Is everything but the very early game designed to be played in groups or have I just gotten unlucky?