Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer
gently caress those giant scorpions. I was all set up with a campfire, barely surviving the cold in the mountains on my first run through and I started hearing this weird tapping noise. I can't really see anything since I'm crouching near the fire just to keep the sliver of health I still had, and then this giant insect face and claws appear through the flames right in front of me. I killed it somehow before dying (still died from the cold later), but holy poo poo.

Edit: Are creatures attracted to fire? I swear I heard/saw more dinos/scorpions while I was huddling near that campfire than almost any other time I was playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Seriously though this is the most playable and genuinely enjoyable early access game since Kerbal Space Program. If they can continue to improve the content and balance over the next several months they'll have an amazing full release.

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Rexicon1 posted:

This seems like a bit much to me. Yea the gameplay seems really neat but it's basically unplayable at the moment from the graphical issues.

I'm running 2x 780's SLI'd (even though SLI isn't really supported yet apparently) and haven't had any video issues at all. Most settings are on high or epic with a few on medium and it's always maintained a comfortable (certainly not seamless, but comfortable) framerate. Obviously there's some optimization issues to work out as well though, but that goes without saying.

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer

afkmacro posted:

Is this like h1z1 where goons hype something to death and stop playing after one week? cause I like sandbox pvp douchebaggery as much as the next guy but I feel like these come and go so fast these days.

We haven't seen the top of the crafting tree yet, but it seems like it's pretty extensive. You go from literally rags to building AK's with scopes and (according to the FAQ) powered turrets to defend base structures, so the desire to "max out" might make this last a little longer than what generally hits EA.

MrDorf fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 4, 2015

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Strotski posted:

Mumble's in op, do not post it in plain text outside or in the thread

What channel are we using in Mumble or where can we get that info? I was on last night about 11p PST and couldn't find anyone.

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Anyone on now? Just logged into 40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Jackard posted:

Devs are planning to nuke cave builds

Isn't everything temporary given this is early access?