Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Dunno how far I'd actually believe this, but if there's anything to it it's kind of amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Thauros posted:

I usually skip WO Live, but this is def going to be one I won't want to miss

Thi live right now?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I've had the biggest grin on my face for like an hour now. This is loving amazing.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Well that settles it, ROH and NXT are going to have a feud on TNA's old timeslot and it'll have terrible ratings because everyone will have died of laughter.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

BigRed0427 posted:

Thi live right now?

quote:

Bryan Alvarez ‏@bryanalvarez 2m2 minutes ago

Wrestling Observer Live ON THE AIR on a heavy news day. LIVE AND FREE! @SportsBylineUSA @iHeartRadio more! LISTEN: http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...estling-and-mma … RT

http://tunein.com/radio/Sports-Byline-USA-s45194/

I'm a little confused myself as it doesn't appear to be on the schedule, but I presume it will be starting after the ads as that what Bryan jsut said.

Editl just starting now!

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I hate using Tunein, so I feel compelled to tell people it's also available on IHeartRadio. Just search for Sports Byline.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Muddy Burphy posted:

I hate using Tunein, so I feel compelled to tell people it's also available on IHeartRadio. Just search for Sports Byline.

both are linked from the WO homepage.

http://www.iheart.com/live/sports-byline-usa-6673/

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
For those without the capability to listen (loving work firewalls) would someone be so kind as to provide cliff notes?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Alavarez just said that Dixie didn't know until this morning.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Dimebags Brain posted:

Maybe it was brought up in that meeting she skipped.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Red is Dead posted:

For those without the capability to listen (loving work firewalls) would someone be so kind as to provide cliff notes?

Confirmation that it's a syndicated feed of the currently existing ROH TV program and that it's costing DA a LOT less than TNA. Nothing official has been said as far as what it means for TNA, and Bryan still said the it's possible that DA will change their minds and keep them in addition to TNA, but that it's obviously very unlikely.

No one in TNA had a loving clue this was coming. This announcement was planned for today and it's apparently a legit coincidence that this happened right after the plans to cancel TNA leaked. He doesn't know how this will affect Joe.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Dimebags Brain posted:

Dixie slowly reads her Twitter feed. She sees the DA announcement. Her lazy eye turns outwards just a little bit more. She twitches.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
Bryan is convinced that them announcing it today was a total coincidence

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world
Shave Seltzer wins again!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

DA will have no creative input into ROH's product. So that's good.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I just checked in my channel guide and the RoH slot is still listed as "TBA", I wonder if that's what it said before the deal went public. There are no other programming gaps in the DA guide so TNA might have known something was up.

Of course that's assuming TNA is competent enough to check or care who their lead in is.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I found a photo of ROH telling TNA how long it has to live

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

ROH will get all the money from the DA deal, it won't be split between them and the wider SBC pool, so they can just take that money and use it to improve production or pay guys better.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I want so bad for ROH to be super successful not just we might get some good competition in the market, but because the idea that TNA leaves due to poo poo rating and ROH comes in right after and does awesome is hysterical.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I just want Eddie Edwards back you can keep everything else TNA

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Zeether posted:

Are you saying Dixie Carter has a football head?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The channel that show BBQ Pitmasters may in fact be the only one where Jay Briscoe having access to twitter is a boon.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Zeether posted:

ROH secretly loves TNA?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Bryan Alvarez posted:

ROH is now solidly the #2 promotion in the US

Also, this shouldn't affect ROH streaming shows on their website.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

njsykora posted:

ROH will get all the money from the DA deal, it won't be split between them and the wider SBC pool, so they can just take that money and use it to improve production or pay guys better.

Do we know that for sure? I would think they would have to kick something up the chain to Sinclair.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oatgan posted:

I just want Eddie Edwards back you can keep everything else TNA

please come back, DojoBros

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

Do we know that for sure? I would think they would have to kick something up the chain to Sinclair.

It could be that ROH gets all the money from DA, but Sinclair gives ROH less money than they would have otherwise.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wait another day because this is gonna get real funny soon

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

hahahahahahahahahahahaha @ Ryan

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Hey la, hey la

Dixie Carter killed her wrestling promotion

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Not for sure, but they've been pretty clear that ROH is self-sufficient so hopefully that means entirely.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

minoru suzuki posted:

wait another day because this is gonna get real funny soon

Based on something you've heard that's not public yet, or just speculation? Not trying to get anything out of you if the former, I was just wondering

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Maybe I was mishearing the bit but it sounded like that's what they said about the deal on Observer Live.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
LU take notice, ROH just busted out a full house

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

LU take notice, ROH just busted out a full house

What's Stephanie Tanner doing in the ROH Zone??

Young Pageviews
May 26, 2014

Let's get this wrestling!
"Todayyyyyy is the greatest day I've ever known."

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oatgan posted:

please come back, DojoBros

every ROH title scene could use a fresh challenger...

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ROH released a statement regarding TNA:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Young Pageviews posted:

"Todayyyyyy is the greatest day I've ever known."

:bravo:

• Locked thread