Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtKWUVYiymA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I almost died from Lolling too hard when I heard this. Lmfao

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Starting to feel badly for these guys, tbh

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Good to see a national channel get behind something special. Cheeseburger in paradise. Heaven on earth with an onion slice.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

Starting to feel badly for these guys, tbh

I may question their taste, but I can totally understand people who genuinely like the TNA product being sad about the company flailing and dying. It's the nutjobs who insist that every possibe event that happens is working to TNA's long term benefit and that anyone who reports that there's any problems with the company are liars in bed with Vince that I laugh at.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Backing the wrong horse can deserve some sympathy to a point, but when you keep backing that same horse after it's broken all its legs and shipped to the glue factory it becomes sweet schadenfreude.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
most of those TNA guys just wanted to make a living doing what they love and couldn't get a shot or a fair shake from a 70 year old insane man

or they done hosed up too many times, but hey

hopefully vince brings all the nonjunkies on

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU4mDyj8DSI

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

so nice of dave to spotlight his nephews

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

so nice of dave to spotlight his nephews

Well, they drive him around a lot, it's only fair

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

This whole thing is really fuckin' funny

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MagicCube posted:

Good to see a national channel get behind something special. Cheeseburger in paradise. Heaven on earth with an onion slice.

#EatDownClan

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

ZDar Fan posted:

Hey la, hey la

Dixie Carter killed her wrestling promotion

I WAS ON THE CC LIST BIG TIME

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I love wrestling. :allears:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
this is my favorite piece of wrestling news ever

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
reunite Beer Money, but in ROH

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Can we get a TNA version of :wcw:?

Though I guess TNA was pretty much just the shambling corpse of WCW anyway so maybe it doesn't matter.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It would be like zombie Lui-Kang.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

please come back, DojoBros

This would be a great way to give Roddy something to do after he drops the belt, I'm down as hell

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bard Maddox posted:

reunite Beer Money, but in ROH

Just make your own beer money with the bruiser and the dalton castle

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

oatgan posted:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hey, I better check the Observer and see if the latest Live show is up ye-:aaa:

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
I really hope we get that Briscoes reality show on DA. I'd watch every episode.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

oatgan posted:

Wouldn't be more Beer and Ladyboys?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NXT, Lucha Underground, ROH, New Japan (on World and on AXS) plus guys like Joe getting deals that lets him do indies while also getting WWE exposure.... how did I only just realize how great it is to be a wrestling fan right now? :neckbeard:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

This is too good of a swerve for Russo to book

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

lovely

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I'm most excited about the Death of TNA book that'll be coming out in a couple of years :allears:

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Whoever negotiated the TNA deal for Discovery did a hell of a job. First they made a renewal checkpoint six months in and then they didn't allow an exclusively provision for wrestling content on DA.

Without both of those it would have been impossible to pivot to Ring of Honor so quickly.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jerusalem posted:

NXT, Lucha Underground, ROH, New Japan (on World and on AXS) plus guys like Joe getting deals that lets him do indies while also getting WWE exposure.... how did I only just realize how great it is to be a wrestling fan right now? :neckbeard:
Don't forget that House of Hardcore and even GFW might/are getting TV deals

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oh my God

I just realized that the only way Dixie keeps TNA on Destination America is if she sends them tapes for free like she did with foreign markets

We just need to become a non-profit

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

EugeneJ posted:

Oh my God

I just realized that the only way Dixie keeps TNA on Destination America is if she sends them tapes for free like she did with foreign markets

Quick, spin this so it becomes palpable to TNAMecca!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

so does this mean ROHtv is leaving the local affiliates? cause thats pretty lovely if you dont want to have to pay for DAmerica on your cable package.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

super macho dude posted:

so does this mean ROHtv is leaving the local affiliates? cause thats pretty lovely if you dont want to have to pay for DAmerica on your cable package.

From what I can tell, they are going to be showing the Saturday stuff the Wednesday after it airs on Sinclair.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

super macho dude posted:

No, it means they're airing on local affiliates first and then that episode airs on DA the following Wednesday.

The company's now the undisputed #2 barring Lucha Underground getting upgraded to Univision proper

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

thats pretty great news

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

Don't forget that House of Hardcore and even GFW might/are getting TV deals

Oh yeah, I meant to mention GFW as well but it slipped my mind, and I had no idea that House of Hardcore might be getting a TV deal. Good times, and hopefully some great memories coming :allears:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

EugeneJ posted:

Oh my God

tna has been a non-profit organization since 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Oh yeah, I meant to mention GFW as well but it slipped my mind, and I had no idea that House of Hardcore might be getting a TV deal. Good times, and hopefully some great memories coming :allears:

HoH isn't going to get any real TV deals, they are airing some tapes on a small Canadian channel and that's about it.

• Locked thread