Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

serious question does J Diesel have a glass eye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

preemptive motyc: next weeks Jushin Thunder vs Dalton Castle

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
163,000 for the 8PM showing.

110,000 for the 11PM showing.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I really figured they'd be in the five figure range so that's a good number for the first episode IMO.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, for a pre-taped show that has already aired on other channels AND been available for free on ROH's website, I'd say that's a pretty strong number.

LanceBurrito
Jan 6, 2013

Daniel Bryan posted:

163,000 for the 8PM showing.

110,000 for the 11PM showing.

Stunned they did more than half of TNA's number. Even more with the replay.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Dave also said on the board that ROH is doing about 500,000 just on Sinclair as of late. So, with these DA showings that puts things at around 773,000 without counting NESN

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So that pretty much solidifies ROH as the Number 2 promotion in North America, right?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
But.... But..... You're forgetting the great DVR numbers that TNA gets!

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Jerusalem posted:

So that pretty much solidifies ROH as the Number 2 promotion in North America, right?

It's not even close now.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, for a pre-taped show that has already aired on other channels AND been available for free on ROH's website, I'd say that's a pretty strong number.

new episodes don't actually go up on the website (for free) until after they air on destination america

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

super macho dude posted:

preemptive motyc: next weeks Jushin Thunder vs Dalton Castle

Dalton Castle is going to be on my television next week and I cannot wait

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Daniel Bryan posted:

It's not even close now.

Ben Miller disagrees

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Also when is ROH showing on NESN? Tuesday at midnight?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ayn rand hand job posted:

Also when is ROH showing on NESN? Tuesday at midnight?

Sunday nights. Not sure what time.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Do we need a second roh thread

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

we need a second wave of new avatars is what we need jfc

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

epitasis posted:

I would support the #Rovertlution by shopping the R into peoples' avatars. That way everyone's happy. Sort of.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

epitasis posted:

there's already like 5 sets man

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread.

Bizarro Kanyon fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 5, 2015

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

oatgan posted:

new episodes don't actually go up on the website (for free) until after they air on destination america

Actually, this week the paid members didn't get their episode early either, so it's possible new episodes won't go up for anyone until after DA airs it. Some people are understandably pissed. Last I checked there was no communication from ROH's side (of course) if this was just a one-week thing or not.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
Some interesting ratings talk for ROH and TNA on Destination America:

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/TNA_News_1/article_85462.shtml

quote:

-- June 3 TV: A minute-by-minute break down of Wednesday night's pro wrestling programming on Destination America shows the cross-section of ROH TV and TNA Impact viewers drew the most viewers on the night.

However, after both audiences were "at the party at the same time," the party dissipated for the next show.

For example, the most-watched minute of ROH TV was by far the last minute at 8:59 p.m. EST, with an overall audience of 302,000 viewers and males 18-49 audience of 91,000 viewers.

(The next most-watched minute was 231,000 viewers at 8:00 p.m. for the first minute of the show.)

After ROH drew 302,000 viewers at 8:59 p.m., the audience level dropped off to 219,000 viewers at 9:00 p.m. EST for the start of TNA Impact.

Impact then drew between 261,000 and 272,000 viewers for the remainder of the first quarter-hour. That turned out to be the most-watched quarter-hour of the entire show.

The remainder of the quarter-hours averaged fewer than 200,000 viewers.

Impact went off the air with 213,000 viewers at 10:59 p.m. EST. Then, Dest. America drew 324,000 viewers at 11:00 p.m. EST for the start of the ROH replay when both sets of viewers were "at the party at the same time" again.

ROH's replay then declined to 290,000 viewers at 11:01 p.m. and 178,000 viewers at 11:03 p.m.

There was a bump to 225,000 viewers at 11:12 p.m., but that was the last time ROH drew more than 200,000 viewers on the night.

- Concerning ROH and Impact collectively, both shows struggled in the middle of their broadcasts. ROH opened strong, but had a soft middle. Then, Impact had a very soft middle followed by a better conclusion, even if it was not close to the Q1 level.

Overall Quarter-Hours Break Down

- ROH Q1: 154,000 viewers (KUSHIDA vs. Will Ferrara, one commercial)

- ROH Q2: 98,000 viewers (Watanabe vs. Silas Young, one commercial)

- ROH Q3: 128,000 viewers (Moose vs. Colby Corino, one-and-a-half commercials)

- ROH Q4: 133,000 viewers (Briscoes vs. House of Truth, one-and-a-half commercials)

- TNA Q1: 234,000 viewers (ECIII-Angle opening promo, one commercial)

- TNA Q2: 151,000 viewers (Lashley vs. Eric Young, one commercial). This was the point where the audience "reset" after the cross-section in Q1.

- TNA Q3: 135,000 viewers (Brooke vs. Jade, two commercials). Viewership was impacted by two commercials.

- TNA Q4: 133,000 viewers (The Rising vs. Beat Down Clan, one commercial). TNA hurriedly presented out another edition of Rising vs. BDC without much fanfare, thus the lackluster audience.

- TNA Q5: 122,000 viewers (Rockstar Spud's decision to exercise Option C, one commercial). Surprisingly weak audience at the top of the second hour.

- TNA Q6: 159,000 viewers (Aries & Roode vs. The Wolves series, one commercial). The advanced promotion and build-up boosted the latest Tag Title Series match.

- TNA Q7: 175,000 viewers (Beautiful People segment, attempt to hurt Mickie James, one commercial). The BP are still a draw at times.

- TNA Q8: 169,000 viewers (Kurt Angle & Spud vs. ECIII & Tyrus main event, one commercial). After a slow start, the segment build to 200+ viewers from 10:55 to 10:59 p.m. EST for the finish.

- ROH Replay Q1: 146,000 viewers

- ROH Replay Q2: 111,000 viewers

- ROH Replay Q3: 117,000 viewers

- ROH Replay Q4: 66,000 viewers (nearing midnight).

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

will ferrara is a draw, push will ferrara

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Whose idea was it to tape Watanabe vs Silas Young for their first DA show? gently caress, whose idea was it to tape it for a TV show in general?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

dsriggs posted:

Whose idea was it to tape Watanabe vs Silas Young for their first DA show? gently caress, whose idea was it to tape it for a TV show in general?

It wasn't that bad?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Also it wasn't like that episode was taped with the idea it'd be the first show on DA.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

watanabe was extremely over for some reason

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

oatgan posted:

watanabe was extremely over for some reason

The Last Real Man is a real rear end in a top hat live (in a good way) so people were big on Watanabe.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

That drop-off at Watanabe/Silas Young though :laugh:

I'd hate to be in the match responsible for losing about 36% of the audience

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

How often does Delirious wrestle in ROH? He wrestled last night near St. Louis so I was wondering if they might bring him back to TV.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

How often does Delirious wrestle in ROH? He wrestled last night near St. Louis so I was wondering if they might bring him back to TV.

He's from St.Louis. He, Daizee Haze and Matt Sydal all started in Gateway Championship Wrestling. So probably not.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

dsriggs posted:

I was just glad to see Silas back on tv, and the crowd signs were friggin great :colbert:
Silas rulez, nerds.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

He usually only works if there's a last minute injury (since he's there anyway) and on shows where they use a lesser roster because they're not expecting to draw a decent gate, like Collinsville.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

He usually only works if there's a last minute injury (since he's there anyway) and on shows where they use a lesser roster because they're not expecting to draw a decent gate, like Collinsville.

And a few special occaions like the Warrior vs Savage re-enactment with Jay Lethal at Truth Martini's adult oriented wrestling show a couple years ago or the booker vs booker match with Gedo at War of the Worlds last month.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I haven't been able to watch ROH for a few years but I get Destination America and it's cool to see the Briscoes have changed yet are still exactly the same and also Moose is cool. He looks like Uhaa Nation ate Uhaa Nation.

But yeah Camo Caveman Mark is the best.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
If RoH being on Destination America allows more of the country to experience Mark Briscoe, then it is an unmitigated success.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Mob posted:

He looks like Uhaa Nation ate Uhaa Nation.

This is the best description of Moose.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
He looks like Uhaa, if Uhaa did a cool spear but like none of the other awesome poo poo Uhaa does.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

He Got Booked

• Locked thread