Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

I'm not sure entirely where this goes, but I think since it's creative and it's a game, this seems like the best place to go. So I've been working on this online game called The Best Eye. It's sort of a game version of Instagram. You can create or play photo scavenger hunts with your friends or people across the world. It's still in the early stages but all of it works and I'm hoping to solicit feedback and see what people think!

Here's a quick walkthrough (using my phone to play):

This is the main page where all games are published. But you can also display your favorite games, games your friends are playing, and games you've played or created.

This is the page with the items in the scavenger hunt. There's four items to find, you can see how many photos have been submitted for each item, and then you can choose to play the game, see your score, or check the overall scoreboard for the game and see how you stack up.

One way to look at the photos is by clicking on the item. It'll load up a page with all the photos for that item, and you can scroll through them and favorite them, or click on them to comment on the photo individually.

Here you can create a game, choose your photo thumbnail, and select your items. If you're feeling unimaginative you can randomly select items for your scavenger hunt. You can also create private games and invite your friends to play.

Game points are awarded to your overall score as well. You can click on a user's profile to see how many points they've gotten, and see the achievements they've unlocked. But if you don't want your information to be displayed, you can also set your account to private.

There's a lot of other stuff programmed in to try to make it as versatile as possible. I want people to be able to offer their own prizes for people to win in addition to just getting points and achievements. I also want to make it so you can play location-based games where you have to be on location in order to play (I can't even begin to imagine how to program that). I also need to figure out how to include an image cropper so people can choose their own crops.

I would love feedback and opinions. Aside from some help with the design for the main page it's been done almost entirely by myself, so it would be really good to get some outside opinions since I've only developed the site in the way that I intend to play it, but I know other people will have their own ideas. Thanks for looking!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread