Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade why did you vote last night when you did?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

That sort of planning is a very Matthew Beet sort of planning

Also lol, missed this before.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Matthew Beet posted:

Yep I just said the same thing and I agree with you.

Unless it's the long con and they've planned to sacrifice a scum bro on day 1 but that's inherently risky play and to be honest, theres' only two people in this game right now i think would attempt or could pull that off and that's bif or bowmore.

If one of them is a roleblocker I can't see how sacrificing a scumbro to save a townie makes any sense when they are tipped off that town will have roles to block.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

So you're leaning toward the coq rush as being genuine?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

And Tirades claim doubtful?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

Tirade why did you vote last night when you did?

It was half an hour to close and I'd been fairly clear that my vote was going to either Zets, Birdstrike or Mith with a preference for Zets.

I was actually fairly confident that we'd hit a scum on yesterday's lynch so the result has thrown me a little. Right now the only person I'm sure isn't scum is Bif.

Counter question for you - you were pushing fairly hard on Zets but didn't lay down a vote. Why not? Were you intending to vote for him when it came down to it?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
TRANSFORMERS FACT: When the Headmasters appeared in the U.S. comics, rather than tiny robots their heads were tiny ALIENS in robot costumes, so they had organic heads. Considering how they have to fold up when they transform into a head, that would have to be excessively painful. Not to mention dangerous and stupid. The toys represented the tiny head robots as robots with no organic parts. Woo.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
No I'm trying and failing to work out a situation where two scum would save a town Anidav in a game where they know there are roles.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade posted:

It was half an hour to close and I'd been fairly clear that my vote was going to either Zets, Birdstrike or Mith with a preference for Zets.

I was actually fairly confident that we'd hit a scum on yesterday's lynch so the result has thrown me a little. Right now the only person I'm sure isn't scum is Bif.

Counter question for you - you were pushing fairly hard on Zets but didn't lay down a vote. Why not? Were you intending to vote for him when it came down to it?

Yes I was intending to vote zets, was fairly confident that we'd get scum too, but I didn't want to vote and put us - 1 from hammer and risk killing the conversation I felt was still occurring. I was mid discussion with Mith actually so it's interesting she was the one to quickly hammer. I guess she didn't want to suffer any more of my accusatory questioning.

So that's why I asked you why you did vote when you did, especially when we had three people active who could seal the lynch therefore zero risk of a no lynch.

We were half an hour out from deadline at hammer, we had plenty of time.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Yeah I did get sick of the accusatory questioning, I wasn't having a good day and felt particularly stressed, I'm not feeling that much better today

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Okay well I'll reduce one avenue of stress for you.

##vote Mithranderp

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I mean, I'm town, so voting for me is pretty stupid tbh

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I had an insightfil moment while doing a poo so had a quick scroll through the thresd and I can't see Anidav or Mith doing any real scum hunting. Well actually Anidav has done nothing at all from what I saw and Mith hasn't done her usual effort post assessment of posters she does every single game.

I may have missed something though, phone posting. Feel free to correct me.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Ugh, I keep going back to d1.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I can't in my head reconcile Anidav and Tirade being of the same alignment.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike the longer you keep talking around the topic without addressing it yourself the more suss I become of you.

It's kind of like you don't want to be the one to say it for some reason hmmmm

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I've been dealing with Telstra most of today and that plus this binary mode so am in is hurting my feeble mind.

If Tirade was scum with Anidav why would he try and bring the d1 vote back to Anidav instead of another target?

If Tirade and Anidav are both town it means that Bif is town as well. I'm giving bowmore town credit for starting the lynch on Coq, meaning that 2 out of me, Beet and Mith are scum.

Both of these scenarios seem unlikely to me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

I've been dealing with Telstra most of today and that plus this binary mode so am in is hurting my feeble mind.

If Tirade was scum with Anidav why would he try and bring the d1 vote back to Anidav instead of another target?

If Tirade and Anidav are both town it means that Bif is town as well. I'm giving bowmore town credit for starting the lynch on Coq, meaning that 2 out of me, Beet and Mith are scum.

Both of these scenarios seem unlikely to me.

So you've also thought about Tirade scum / Anidav town and Anidav town / Tirade scum? If so why did you rule them out? If you haven't considered that yet, why are you being so narrow?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
The votes line up in such a way that fits Tirade's narrative if he's town. Scum Anidav teams up with scum me/Beet/Mith to sacrifice vanilla scum in order to save a role scum in a role-light game. Yeah I can see where that makes sense. It wouldn't have happened if Anidav was town, and in a game where roles meant a lucky investigative hit could easily bring down 1 of 3 scum early.

But it doesn't fit the posts. It doesn't fit Tirade criticising the rush on Coq, or his weird Mith play. It doesn't fit him asking people why they're not still voting Anidav. It doesn't fit the tempo of D1 - Anidav collects a bunch of votes over time then all of a sudden Coq becomes the target. Why wouldn't 2 scum try and pick a different target? Maybe that's why Tirade was trying to bring the train back on Anidav.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Mithranderp (2): Anidav, Matthew Beet
Birdstrike (1): Mithranderp

Not Voting (4): Bifauxnen, Birdstrike, bowmore, Tirade

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 01st, 2015 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 hours, 32 minutes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

The votes line up in such a way that fits Tirade's narrative if he's town. Scum Anidav teams up with scum me/Beet/Mith to sacrifice vanilla scum in order to save a role scum in a role-light game. Yeah I can see where that makes sense. It wouldn't have happened if Anidav was town, and in a game where roles meant a lucky investigative hit could easily bring down 1 of 3 scum early.

But it doesn't fit the posts. It doesn't fit Tirade criticising the rush on Coq, or his weird Mith play. It doesn't fit him asking people why they're not still voting Anidav. It doesn't fit the tempo of D1 - Anidav collects a bunch of votes over time then all of a sudden Coq becomes the target. Why wouldn't 2 scum try and pick a different target? Maybe that's why Tirade was trying to bring the train back on Anidav.

Okay, I dunno if you're going for a parlour room scene or something, but you seem to being focusing on the fact that one or the other (out of anidav and tirade) are scum. You've not answered my question about all possible combinations either so I can only assume you haven't considered the possibility that neither are scum which has me wondering, what are you doing? TBH you're not really explaining yourself that well.

I also think you're expecting too much from day 1 posting, me thinks. Tirade wasn't the only one to criticise the rush on Coq. Mith did too, she even took her vote off saying as much but jumped back on when directly called on it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Like if you want to lead a lynch on the claimed cop, you're not going to get there beating around the bush.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Re reading some of your earlier posts provide more clarity. From what you've said though it actually would look more likely that tirade is town rather than anidav. I'd also look at miths off again on again vote. One could view her jumping off the coq vote as an attempt to stall it by calling it fishy. You could view that an Tirades angling on anidav concerted, you could also look at it and thinking maybe two scum would be that obvious.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

all by my self...

don't wanna lynch

all by my self....!

okay ##unvote

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ugggh, sorry guys my brain is completely fried. I wanted to check these cases based on a more full readthrough of the thread but haven't had time. This has a fair bit of effort for D1 but starts to fall slack later on. Kind of hoping something comes together by the time I finish it.

if Tirade is telling the truth:

* There is a scum roleblocker out there, so probably no godfather. This could hopefully clear me as Birb said.

* With Tirade and me being town, the suspect list would now be down to 2 of these 5: Anidav, Birb, Bowmore, Beet, Mith. For you townies out there who know you're town, it's 1 in 4!

But if Tirade is lying:

* We're probably in all-vanilla game. Because even though Tirade might have had nothing to lose trying this fakeclaim when he was about to be lynched any moment, no one's come forward to counterclaim in the meantime. For us to have some roles but no cop is very bizarre. For us to have some roles, but no cop, and ALSO have someone else try and get away with fakeclaiming the nonexistent cop, that's just too much coincidence.

* He's gotta be scum. He probably only has one scumbro left.

* With Tirade being scum, the remaining suspect list is 1 out of 5, just remove yourself from the list: Anidav, Birb, Bif, Bowmore, Beet, Mith.

If Anidav were scum: Likely 3rd scumbro is either Birb or Mith (or Tirade if he's lying)

* He had many votes on him before the game even began, which are meaningless for scumreads. But Scum Coq put another vote on him as literally the first post of the game. I've done similar once jokevoting on Krell when we were both scum, but continuing a genuine bandwagon like that, and on Anidav who is quite likely to have it completely stick, that is no joking matter. If Anidav were scum, then Coq and the 3rd scumbro were planning to bus him from the very start. Not actually a bad idea if the writing was already on the wall.

* Beet first called out Sky Coq's lack of posting, so Beet would almost certainly be town. Beet would want to look separated from Coq and all, but calling him out explicitly when they're already in the process of bussing Anidav too is just nuts.

* Bowmore joined in to agree with Beet about Coq, and is also probably town for the same reasons as Beet.

* Mith's later vote is more suss, since it could be seen as vote splitting and give people the jitters about sticking with the Coq lynch instead of Anidav.

* Birb is also suss since he stuffed around with not even voting for a while and trying to throw shade about the Mith-doesn't-lie joke.

...I was planning to do this for everybody and see if some logical impossibilities occurred like so-and-so couldn't be scum together, but then got distracted with baby stuff. I'm trying to look at the others now but don't know if I'll have time.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

if Tirade is telling the truth:

* There is a scum roleblocker out there, so probably no godfather. This could hopefully clear me as Birb said.

* With Tirade and me being town, the suspect list would now be down to 2 of these 5: Anidav, Birb, Bowmore, Beet, Mith. For you townies out there who know you're town, it's 1 in 4!

Fat fingers - make that 2 out of 4, not 1 out of 4. Even better!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
In terms of post content, Anidav has done zero scum hunting. Even his D2 hunting consisted of a link to Tirade's and Kat's posts and that was it, then today he complains about the thread being quiet. Similarly I agree that Mith's contributions haven't moved the discussions forward as much as she's capable of doing.

If I was voting for candidates based on "who isn't posting well," there are some prime ones, along with the logic maze I have gotten myself into.

I'm not totally opposed to Anidav and Tirade both being town and I'm happy to consider explanations which reach that conclusion. But we have a cop claim which, if believed, has 2/3 scum lynching the other on Day 1. It seems like a big deal to me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Houston, we have content!

Also, Anidav literally said yesterday 'tell me who to vote for' as well as saying he'd be on the computer today posting up a storm like normal.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think Anidav is a fair lynch, he hasn't offered anything this entire game.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I'm sorry I've been away from home in short notice.

I shouldn't promise PC posting.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'll be home in 25 minutes.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Hmm, Beet I didn't say I would be posting up a storm. I just said I'd be on a computer.

I HOPED. But no, grocery shopping snuck up on me.

Do you want a photo of my fridge too? It's probably cleaner than my stove

I am home now. Let me cook up something that doesn't involve painting a narrative.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I asked who to vote for on a short battery life, you goldfish. I already said before:

Anidav posted:

Primitive battery technology hinders my own judgment.

I would rather be convinced to vote where than look for myself, hit 0% and not vote properly. Hurry up.

Beet and Birdstrike have been trying to spin a narrative on me all day. I mean it's better than silence but this is clearly a role light game trying to convince yourself of anything else is just letting your imagination get the best of you.

There is no evidence of Tirade being a cop, there is no evidence of Birdstrike being roleblocked or other. The only thing we have are posting patterns and voting patterns.

There is no out of the ordinary night actions happening as far as I can see in the flavour text and more importantly there is no reasons to distract us from this one simple fact.

Town should assume this is an all vanilla game until Tirade actually investigates successfully for scum.

Or town should assume Tirade is lying and nothing can counterclaim this.

These are the two most sensible actions that don't involve paranoia, narrative building or any other phase of imagination.

The path of this game is 50/50 based on Tirade and nothing else.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

I asked who to vote for on a short battery life, you goldfish. I already said before:

Beet and Birdstrike have been trying to spin a narrative on me all day. I mean it's better than silence but this is clearly a role light game trying to convince yourself of anything else is just letting your imagination get the best of you.

There is no evidence of Tirade being a cop, there is no evidence of Birdstrike being roleblocked or other. The only thing we have are posting patterns and voting patterns.

There is no out of the ordinary night actions happening as far as I can see in the flavour text and more importantly there is no reasons to distract us from this one simple fact.

Town should assume this is an all vanilla game until Tirade actually investigates successfully for scum.

Or town should assume Tirade is lying and nothing can counterclaim this.

These are the two most sensible actions that don't involve paranoia, narrative building or any other phase of imagination.

The path of this game is 50/50 based on Tirade and nothing else.

You gotta stop spinning poo poo like this. I only started questioning you or about you in the last few hours. Rest of the day was on mith, so now you just look slimey.

Yeah you did ask who to vote for, what's your excuse for not scum hunting at all?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

:ghost: :munch: :ghost:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
:ghost::hf::ghost:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I actually agree with Anidav that it's 50/50 on Tirade. It's just that the 50% that isn't Tirade for me leads to Anidav.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

haha

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Where is everyone btw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Ghost On My Left has a point, we're 45 mins from close.

Despite all the chatter today I haven't moved too far from where I was yesterday. My take is that it's either Mith and Birdstrike OR Anidav + one of any of you.

• Locked thread