Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I mean, this is an awful lot of faith to put in me to assume that I don't have a knife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

So, let's see who really wants a knife, shall we?

It's pretty simple.

You either hammer before I do, or you drop a vote on someone who isn't me, I knife them, and we continue.

Tick tock.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

U promise to be nice

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Tremendous Taste posted:

U promise to be nice

Never said that. Say a name other than mine or hammer.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I find it hard to believe you would have held on to a vig this long, especially with how you've been after LUTR for days

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Opopanax posted:

I find it hard to believe you would have held on to a vig this long, especially with how you've been after LUTR for days

Why hang onto a vigilante kill when you can use it in the first five minutes of Day 1?

Why use it in the first five minutes of Day 1 when you can amuse yourself infinitely more by holding onto it until the last minute to use as a lynch reset?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

he ain't got no knife. blow his goddamned head off

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That's the mindset of a scumbo

You gonna shoot then shoot

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Tremendous Taste posted:

That's the mindset of a scumbo

You gonna shoot then shoot

Call the shot.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

This is on you, pard

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

YourSelf

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Kay!

##vote MEDS CURE SCHIZOS

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Day 7 Final Votecount:

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS (7): The Ninth Layer, Tremendous Taste, CCKeane, Look Under The Rock, GulagDolls, Gridlocked, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS

For the first time, the crew had come to a unanimous consensus. MCS had to be a mutineer, he hadn't done much to help and had mostly just complained. Everyone agreed - MCS had to go. By the end of it, even MCS agreed with them, walking himself off the plank straight into the waiting arms of the circling sharks. A mutineer wouldn't have done himself in like that, would he? It turns out, he wouldn't. MCS wasn't a murderer and the crew had chosen another one of their own.

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, town sailor, was lynched Day 7.

11 players are alive. The Deadline for Day 8 is tomorrow at 11 PM EST

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well, he sure showed us

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
QPQ's play is bugging me in a way that's it's difficult to verbalize but I'm gonna try.

QuoProQuid posted:

I'm of the unpopular opinion that scum, regardless of set-up, want to avoid drawing attention to themselves and their brethren at all costs because it makes the game much more difficult to win. I don't see any reason to believe that Ecco was trying any gambit here.

QuoProQuid posted:

The case against me is that I provided a series of observations about Ecco's lynch that appeared both shallow and obvious. The implication from merk (1) was that I was trying to exploit this death by making content that only seemed meaningful. Scum obviously aren't committed to scumhunting so shallow casing is a good tool to seem townie without providing anything that actually helps the town.

As for myself, I don't have much of a defense except that I was frustrated with the joke phase seemingly stretching out infinitely and wanted to post anything that would get the game moving.

QuoProQuid posted:

Also:

I'm completely fine lynching Scruffy.

Everyone QPQ posts about gets way more words than this. This is his third post referencing Scruffles and it's always basically just "I'd vote the guy" with no explanation given. He keeps mentioning he doesn't like Scruffy, he hasn't felt good about Scruffy all game.

The thing I think that bothered me most is that he's got his Case Voice with a bunch of words and a bunch of footnotes, and talks about how he gets a lot of poo poo for his tone being unnatural, but then that gets dropped.

QuoProQuid posted:

keane, tell me who you think we should vote for and why

i think lutr, scruffy, and maaaaaaaaaybbbbeeeeeee shanananananananananananananannananananananananananananananannanananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananakin.

Like this is way more conversational.

He's also called people out a couple times for posting weak observations as casing, but he's doing his casework in a vacuum from post histories. It's way easier to do it that way, sure, but context is so important and the links in his footnotes lead directly to someone's drat post history so you don't get the thread events/climate from that. Ninth made a better post about how QPQ's "casework" seems more obfuscating than actually helpful. That post is [url=http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3722665&pagenumber=21&perpage=40#post446221271]here[/b] if you're interested.

He does weird swings back and forth on whether or not he finds me suspicious, saying Ecco's flip makes me look really good, then changing his mind eventually and saying he didn't like my actions around the 100yrs dunk.

QPQ also did not post at all yesterday.

##vote QPQ

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Look Under The Rock posted:

That post is here if you're interested.

I always feel like a dingus mafia editing to fix a tag.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's Opop Jrs birthday :toot: so I probably won't be here for deadline.

Also ##vote qpq as well. I kind of forgot about him yesterday but I still don't like how he agreed with a case I made that was based on me making mistakes

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
I'm going to be without power for most of tomorrow as they're turning it off for 4 to 6 hours to install some transformers and new power poles just up the street. It starts about 2 hours before the deadline I believe. I'll try and be on beforehand or maybe phonepost depending on how well that's working at the time but regrettably can't promise much.

In the meantime I'm going to take a look through the thread for a a few minutes and decide on what I want to do with the current information in case I miss out.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
Okay I'm tired as hell from looking at raw data tables for the last few hours and it being 3am. I've had and expressed some concerned about QPQ before and have found agreement in previous criticisms against his posts. I have my reservations though. In many ways it sometimes looks like he's a big part of driving the game forward, and he does have some good stuff throughout. On the other hand we've had not a single successful lynching. On yet another hand with the number of players involved that's no super unexpected.

I hate to say it but I think I'm gonna hold my vote for now. I'll just have to hope my reception stays decent and phone vote. There's a good chance if he's going to get lynched I wont be necessary, and if not it's probably all spread back out to other votes. I'm also a little worried of scum potentially jumping in and rushing out a hammer, on a big town asset if he's actually clear. Not too hard to get with a couple of guys.

Worst case scenario I might SMS Grid and ask him to post my vote for me? Dunno if that would even work or not.

Goodnight folks.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I'll be back in a few hours and I'll put in a real effort then.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Shanakin posted:

Worst case scenario I might SMS Grid and ask him to post my vote for me? Dunno if that would even work or not.

This is like, super against the rules.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Ixtlilton posted:

I'll be back in a few hours and I'll put in a real effort then.

Why did you feel the need to post a check in that offers absolutely no content except making you look active?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'll be around tonight. I'm at work ATM.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Why did you feel the need to post a check in that offers absolutely no content except making you look active?

To give myself an incentive to actually follow through later.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I get the feeling it's Gridlocked and Pmom. His defense of her whenever I mentioned her reads a lot like defenses scum buddies use on the one with a strong town claim/town cred. See my defense of Chicken of Tomorrow in Ecco's Aliens game where she was a watcher and merk's defense of fiery_valkyrie in some game I don't remember where she dayvig'd a scum. Also cum man. Hehe.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Ixtlilton posted:

I get the feeling it's Gridlocked and Pmom. His defense of her whenever I mentioned her reads a lot like defenses scum buddies use on the one with a strong town claim/town cred. See my defense of Chicken of Tomorrow in Ecco's Aliens game where she was a watcher and merk's defense of fiery_valkyrie in some game I don't remember where she dayvig'd a scum. Also cum man. Hehe.

This would not surprise me a whole lot, Grid's not played the best in this game and cha-ching it's now midgame and therefore I'm fine to vote him. I'm chomping a sandwich before math class but I would be interested to see if the same Grid behavior pinged you as it did me.

PinMom's been so lurky/snipey that it wouldn't surprise me to learn that he vigged a scumbuddy D1 to fly under the radar until endgame.

Hey Pmom -- I'm wondering how you've been feeling about Keane lately.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ixtlilton posted:

I seriously doubt it is PMom.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

This would not surprise me a whole lot, Grid's not played the best in this game and cha-ching it's now midgame and therefore I'm fine to vote him. I'm chomping a sandwich before math class but I would be interested to see if the same Grid behavior pinged you as it did me.

PinMom's been so lurky/snipey that it wouldn't surprise me to learn that he vigged a scumbuddy D1 to fly under the radar until endgame.

Hey Pmom -- I'm wondering how you've been feeling about Keane lately.

This isn't a good argument, the vig felt very geniune.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I've been coasting on not having opinions about people tbh

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm in the bad position where none of my suspicions have panned out and the people left alive are almost universally people I don't trust very well. Considering this is a nightless game there's probably another four scum left alive.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Who is STILL AROUND EVEN?!

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

dracula

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Dr. Acula? This is a vanilla game!

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

What about the vig felt genuine?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Ixtlilton posted:

What about the vig felt genuine?

I believe no one would be stupid enough to D1 vig-bus a scumbuddy just to look good for a while. It's a pretty insane tactic. Therefore Pintrest must have stabbed in the dark and got lucky.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Pinterest Mom posted:

I've been coasting on not having opinions about people tbh

That's cool. Tell me when you have an opinion.

##vote: Pinterest Mom

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

QPQ's play is bugging me in a way that's it's difficult to verbalize but I'm gonna try.

Everyone QPQ posts about gets way more words than this. This is his third post referencing Scruffles and it's always basically just "I'd vote the guy" with no explanation given. He keeps mentioning he doesn't like Scruffy, he hasn't felt good about Scruffy all game.

The thing I think that bothered me most is that he's got his Case Voice with a bunch of words and a bunch of footnotes, and talks about how he gets a lot of poo poo for his tone being unnatural, but then that gets dropped.

Like this is way more conversational.

He's also called people out a couple times for posting weak observations as casing, but he's doing his casework in a vacuum from post histories. It's way easier to do it that way, sure, but context is so important and the links in his footnotes lead directly to someone's drat post history so you don't get the thread events/climate from that. Ninth made a better post about how QPQ's "casework" seems more obfuscating than actually helpful. That post is [url=http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3722665&pagenumber=21&perpage=40#post446221271]here[/b] if you're interested.

He does weird swings back and forth on whether or not he finds me suspicious, saying Ecco's flip makes me look really good, then changing his mind eventually and saying he didn't like my actions around the 100yrs dunk.

QPQ also did not post at all yesterday.

##vote QPQ

I probably accidentally clicked the question mark instead of the hashtag.

The more conversational tone is a result of my growing frustration.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

QuoProQuid posted:

That's cool. Tell me when you have an opinion.

##vote: Pinterest Mom

You think I'm the best kill today?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote taste

doing him a favour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P