Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

Sure, sign me up. Yes on PMs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

##vote The Betrayer because something something revenge I think?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

Just got here from page 5 and I think Ecco is scum maybe we should oh nevermind Pint beat me to voting.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

Day 1 Vote Count

Tremendous Taste (3): Shanakin, Gridlocked, EccoRaven
EccoRaven (3): Look Under The Rock, Tremendous Taste, CCKeane
dscruffy1 (2): Opopanax, GulagDolls
merk (2): Tremendous Taste, Met, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, -MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Look Under The Rock, -Look Under The Rock, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, -Tremendous Taste
CCKeane (2): Pinterest Mom, dscruffy1
Gridlocked (1): Somberbrero
MEDS CURE SCHIZOS (1): Somberbrero, The Ninth Layer, -Somberbrero
GulagDolls (1): merk
The Ninth Layer (0): MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, -MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
Met (0): merk, EccoRaven, -EccoRaven, -merk
Look Under The Rock (0): merk, -merk
Mills (0): chaoslord, -chaoslord
chaoslord (0): CCKeane, -CCKeane

ETA to deadline: 7 hours, 41 minutes

For posterity.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

Wow what happened to the Votefinder printout? It's looking a little long in the tooth.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

I thought Ecco was pretty obviously scum with things like telling all the vigilantes to claim and making big dumb cases on page 6 so my intuition is that some scum guys may have gotten on that boat early. To be honest I am now more suspicious of LUTR than I was before Ecco died.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

Assuming Ecco is telling the truth about his/her flip:

- LUTR looks very good. A scum player wouldn't be that combative with their ally on D1 (1), (2);
- Also liking Gridlocked a wee bit more, as there would be no reason to shoot down a defense of your partner (3);
- Liking merk quite a bit less due to Ecco's dismissal of the case against him as "a dumb thing" (4);
- Kill all players trying to perpetuate the joke phase.

Methinks you're trying too hard to make weak arguments. ##vote QPQ

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

Assuming Ecco is telling the truth about his/her flip:

- LUTR looks very good. A scum player wouldn't be that combative with their ally on D1 (1), (2);
- Also liking Gridlocked a wee bit more, as there would be no reason to shoot down a defense of your partner (3);
- Liking merk quite a bit less due to Ecco's dismissal of the case against him as "a dumb thing" (4);
- Kill all players trying to perpetuate the joke phase.

This post assumes that in a game where town have to rely 100% on day play to catch the Mafia, the Mafia themselves would play the game absolutely straight, only throw shade on townies and only defend their scumbuddies.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

im glad that we are perpetuating the joke phase for another few hours. its a good thing we can afford that luxury with all the cool and in-depth posts that have been made with the deadline approaching

All these in-depth posts like "Ecco said LUTR was sucmmy so she's town, but Ecco said the case on merk was bad so he's scum."

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

I'm of the unpopular opinion that scum, regardless of set-up, want to avoid drawing attention to themselves and their brethren at all costs because it makes the game much more difficult to win. I don't see any reason to believe that Ecco was trying any gambit here.

With this view of the game you should be voting lurkers. Every time scum posts they are drawing attention to themselves.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

What "gambit" would you even need to call your scumbuddy scummy? Or for that matter to call a case against a townie bad? These are pretty easy things to do if you are scum, arguably easier than casing townies and defending your buddies.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

I just don't see any reason why Ecco would have suddenly turned on her teammates less than twenty-four hours into a game. I can understand calling out a case against a townie to gain some cred, but I really, truly doubt that he and LUTR would have gone at it with one another if they were both scum.

I wish I could vote you a second time for this post. Why would scum put shade on their scumbuddies??? So that people would make posts like the one you made. I shouldn't have to explain that to you.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

##vote QPQ

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

Uh oh! Some very minor suspicion against me! Better just kill the dude...?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

Met couldn't even handle an hour's worth of merk voting him. Wow.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

##vote QPQ

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

I don't know if Met killing merk necessarily makes him scum but it puts him pretty high up there. What a bad kill.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

I'm feeling less confident about QPQ being scum now so ##unvote. I don't think The Betrayer is scum and I'm usually pretty good at spotting him out.

##vote Met because I think merk fear is the best case for today.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

Merk is a good player.
Scum would want to kill merk instead of trying to lynch him.
You killed merk instead of trying to lynch him.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

Met posted:

I decided to suicide as scum to get rid of one townie. That's much more likely than any other situation. Okay.

It makes more sense than you suicided as town because you couldn't stand to be voted for a whole hour by merk.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

It's you who characterized your play as suicidal, not me.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

I don't see how a play could be suicidal for scum to make but at the same time stand as a savvy move if town did it. What you did was scummy as hell as either alignment.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

Met posted:

I happen to know his target is townie.

You just shot a townie.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

Met posted:

I'm only human.

And I'm not?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

Met posted:

Gridlocked, Opop, and The Ninth Layer's justifications are what read scummy.

I don't see Meds particularly as scum so I see no reason to vote for him to try and save myself.

Your entire game has been throwing suspicion against people who voted you. You even killed merk more or less because he voted you.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

There's no case on Betrayer besides "he's a jerk" so I don't know why people are voting him.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

Met is the right lynch today regardless of how people feel about The Betrayer. Just based on the way he killed merk he will never be a player that can be trusted alive in the endgame.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

Met, do you have any last minute claims/reads/whatever that you want to throw out before the timer runs out?

...claims?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

I don't have any strong suspicions at the moment, may need to do a reread sometime. I'm not as suspicious of QPQ as I was earlier, his play looks about the same as what I've seen from him in other games (links in all his posts and all) and he's one of the few players I feel is really trying to contribute.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

I think there is probably something to the idea that Ecco would have worked up an early case on his scumbuddy LUTR to punch the ticket on distancing. Their exchange looked more like friendly sparring than any real suspicion behind it.

I'll hold my vote until I can do a reread though.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

I thought the deadline was like three days from now whoops!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

Sorry about the lack of activity today, I spent most of it asleep :/

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

Me too, everyone in this game has sorta blended together for me.

Uhh I guess I'll just post the thoughts I have. I'm not a big fan of Shanakin posting like five times in a row after he got called out for lurking and I'm not crazy about his content either. But looking at the post count I think I would rather be voting for Somber who has about as many posts. Somber's posts read more as observational than participatory, his votes tend to be supported by "this guy is posting badly" type reasoning, and he got on the 100yrs wagon pretty quickly. ##vote Somber

Betrayer has sorta disappeared but I'm not really in a position to throw stones there.

Aside from my gut suspicion about Ecco/LUTR connection I don't really want to lynch LUTR today. Good contributions all around. I won't vote QPQ either.

I'm indifferent toward the Gulag lynch or voting Gulag as he can reset the votes any time he wants.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

Look Under The Rock posted:

how about your lack of activity yesterday?

The Ninth Layer posted:

I thought the deadline was like three days from now whoops!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

As far as Gridlocked's big summary posts for all of us go, that's the kind of thing that screams "EFFORT!" and I generally feel that anything that screams "EFFORT!" inorganically is scummy. Not something I would vote for today but it's definitely something I feel scum do disproportionately to town.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

This is a very low-voting game.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

LUTR what do you think about Somber?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

Look Under The Rock posted:

I have a giant blind spot for Somber because he pretty much says what I'm thinking before I say it in any game ever. I don't love that he has a huge boner to dunk a newbie but I guess that's a difference between him and me. I don't think that alone is worth dunking him as I can see where he's coming from on Grid, but I think it's a really easy case and the fact that he's continued to push it rather than do other scum hunting strikes me as different from his normal aggressive meta. I think it's reasonable to think he might be scum.

Who are you planning on voting for?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

For what it's worth I'm not aggressively trying to not care. I looked at a votecount and it said there were three days left so that's what I had in mind. Handled some errands, came home and 100yrs was already lynched. I agree with you that the apathy is discouraging and I've definitely been part of the problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

Well we've got some votes down now at least.

• Locked thread