Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I will do my very best to only be mean to people I like.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Confirming that I am vanilla town.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote keane

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

as a show of good faith that we're all willing to play along with each other sure

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

a, met, why aren't you voting keane instead of merk

I think his thing is a lot more egregious

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

A no-hang is a bad idea. I don't think I need to specify that further but just tossing that out there.

this game is nightless :ssh:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Opopanax posted:

How do you figure?

apply this argument

Tremendous Taste posted:

if it catches on and met flips town it's avoidable via housekeeping/principle argument

if it doesn't catch on he can retreat and say it's because of the post he made earlier

to this post

CCKeane posted:

That said, I'm going to lay out a non-joke case and propose Met or Ecco for today, in order to avoid PETTY SQUABBLING.

but unlike merk, Keane doesn't actually have a dog in the fight, he's just ~helpfully~ proposing an alignment-neutral dunk on one of two people before even seeing if their being in the game together is going to be an issue. it's bad.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

QuoProQuid posted:

Do you find merk suspicious for doing the same thing, PM? Just want to clarify.
merk's vote doesn't surprise me

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

my reason for voting keane is impeccable

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

If being a vig is not related to alignment in a discernible way then I would not be opposed everyone with a vig claiming so we can keep them in mind.

If we also institute #vigvote (one pound sign so as to bypass the rule on fake day actions), this lets us actually use vigs to the town's benefit and hold them accountable for it.

I think this is a good idea.

what do you think this accomplishes

vigs aren't in addition to a day's dunk, they replace a day's dunk

if you can get a majority vote on someone, you just dunk them, you don't vig them, there's no point.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

you also asked keane not to thunderdome you because you have a family :shobon:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

It means voting lovely players first :drum:

And then lurkers.

I guess what I am saying is you're a bad player and person and you should consider re-banning yourself.
##stab ecco

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Everybody was doing a great job being civil to each other before you.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

QuoProQuid posted:

im glad that we are perpetuating the joke phase for another few hours. its a good thing we can afford that luxury with all the cool and in-depth posts that have been made with the deadline approaching

the deadline is over 24 hours away chill

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i feel extending the deadline a further 24 hours after the second vig may have been a mistake~

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote mcs

i don't know if he's scum but i know i don't want to play with him

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

This worked for you once. Will you get lucky one more time? Still even though he's being a dick but I don't think he's scum.

I'm not proposing it as a scum hunting strategy, I'm proposing it as a "let's not have a guy calling people names in every post" strategy.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

This worked for you once. Will you get lucky one more time?

I want you all to look at this response to me voting betrayer and ##vote 100yrs with me tia

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Where would've scum voted here? For the town band wagon or elsewhere to avoid that? I wish I could make something out of this but it'd be too hypothetical. I forget what the acronym we use to describe those sort of arguments is.

WIFOM - wine in front of me.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'd like to correct myself here. I want to make this a negative. You can't take anything I say at face-value. That's what I wanted to say. I don't know if you think I was trying to imply anything in my comment but I certainly wasn't.
If you weren't trying to imply anything with the post, why did you make it? Why comment on my vote idly asking "are you sure it's a good idea", looking like you're trying to get me to switch over to Met without actually trying to convince me?

It looks the world to me like false engagement.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

QuoProQuid posted:

The Ecco Gambit, which seems to be LUTR's reasoning for the lynch (Ibid)works more in theory than in practice, where it can act as smokescreen for scum looking for an easy target.

i found scum with the ecco gambit :v:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'm useful + around + already voting for scum

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

who hasn't read a canticle for leibowitz though

my non-sci-fi reading mom has read it

there's a babylon 5 episode

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CCKeane posted:

PMom vote Shankakin.

i feel good about my vote

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

gulag :swoon:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote lutr

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Not around for deadline I'm at a show xoxo

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Vigging a scumbuddy d1 is an easy way to gain cred, but

You could see that Ecco and Taste were about to get into a ridiculous and personal argument and as scum I think I'd like to get out of the way of that and let them poo poo up the thread.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

somber?

:rip:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I've been drinking for the last four hours

Vote lurt?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

GulagDolls posted:

do cookies prevent scurvy

maybe

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Let the record show that I'm being remarkably civil, all things considered.

nah

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

QuoProQuid posted:

To be quite candid,

lol

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I've been coasting on not having opinions about people tbh

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

QuoProQuid posted:

That's cool. Tell me when you have an opinion.

##vote: Pinterest Mom

You think I'm the best kill today?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote taste

doing him a favour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i have to figure signing up for a game without power roles was a genuine mistake on his part

• Locked thread