Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Oh look i can now craft the Temporary Man Pack sack in Tinkering...

I need to craft a bunch of these and give them out on our shops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

24 hour tech support? What does that even entail?

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

FireWhizzle posted:

Sounds like he/she is trying to describe factions

At least they are trying something.

Any word of mist clearing or actual higher end content of value?

a digital orc
May 14, 2003

You see, Guragh, they can't fire me for sexual harassment. The crime doesn't fit the punishment! :orks:

Tempus Thales posted:

hop in the discord server and there is a channel with all the maps and everything... live help, 24/hr techsupport, etc.

oh sorry, forgot to mention im tsujin in-game. im the guy youve been working like a slave-dog for nothing but baked potatoes :v:

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Honestly the game is p fine if you build ladder gates and you aren't a dick to 100% of your immediate neighbors and also be friendly with the major players... just like in almost any sandbox.

The game has improved double or triple fold from where it was a year ago imo.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

FireWhizzle posted:

Honestly the game is p fine if you build ladder gates and you aren't a dick to 100% of your immediate neighbors and your own guildmates and also be friendly with the major players... just like in almost any sandbox.

The game has improved double or triple fold from where it was a year ago imo.

FTFY a bit.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

a digital orc posted:

oh sorry, forgot to mention im tsujin in-game. im the guy youve been working like a slave-dog for nothing but baked potatoes :v:

I'm not the cook, I'm the carpenter. If you have "issues" with the menu, then go harass the cook, Mediocrity Goggs.

Eltaggerung
Oct 29, 2011
So that was me that stopped by the north base, wasn't planning on it or else I would have posted here first, but was on the other side of the mountains getting iron so I figured why not check it out real fast. Then my game proceeded to crash 3 times in a row.

Anyway like I was saying, if whoever was on could even hear me, I'm getting bored of playing with just one other person and myself. If you guys want someone who spends way too much time on this game, plus a random person I met a few weeks ago, we'd like to join up.

We have recently been building a new base, but I got carried away and made it way too big for two people to complete and at this point I'm just ready to abandon it and move on.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this game is terrible bullshit and there is already goonfucking good stuff guys thumbsup

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Cartouche posted:

At least they are trying something.

Any word of mist clearing or actual higher end content of value?
They cleared 1 area so far. They're supposedly reworking pvp into factions, and some vague comments about more pve stuff, but nothing concrete.

Eltaggerung posted:

So that was me that stopped by the north base, wasn't planning on it or else I would have posted here first, but was on the other side of the mountains getting iron so I figured why not check it out real fast. Then my game proceeded to crash 3 times in a row.

Anyway like I was saying, if whoever was on could even hear me, I'm getting bored of playing with just one other person and myself. If you guys want someone who spends way too much time on this game, plus a random person I met a few weeks ago, we'd like to join up.

We have recently been building a new base, but I got carried away and made it way too big for two people to complete and at this point I'm just ready to abandon it and move on.
I'm aroundish now if you wanna ping me on discord. I'm also sitting in the base doing nothing right now so you can just shout there but that might take longer for me to notice.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

FireWhizzle posted:

Honestly the game is p fine if you build ladder gates and you aren't a dick to 100% of your immediate neighbors and also be friendly with the major players... just like in almost any sandbox.
To be fair, it was really just the one or two guilds and then they lied to a bunch of people about how we had like 100 active members killing everyone and how were going to crush them out of the game in order to get Immortal and some of the other big guilds to hop in and fight us. Then they tried to stab the people who came to their aid in the back and got their own base burned down for a few days. It was pretty good drama in the end.

Awful has his faults, but this part turned out ok at least.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jun 7, 2016

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Kylra posted:

To be fair, it was really just the one or two guilds and then they lied to a bunch of people about how we had like 100 active members killing everyone and how were going to crush them out of the game in order to get Immortal and some of the other big guilds to hop in and fight us. Then they tried to stab the people who came to their aid in the back and got their own base burned down for a few days. It was pretty good drama in the end.

Awful has his faults, but this part turned out ok at least.

That is fair, but that wasn't a jab at just Awful, it's really just goonguild.jpg.

There's always a group of players that think we did something great in EVE in 2005 and could do it again "the goon horde", but anyone that actually played back then knows it was more of just hours of grinding krokite/arkonor to build up things, and less of goon rush prowess.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

FireWhizzle posted:

That is fair, but that wasn't a jab at just Awful, it's really just goonguild.jpg.

There's always a group of players that think we did something great in EVE in 2005 and could do it again "the goon horde", but anyone that actually played back then knows it was more of just hours of grinding krokite/arkonor to build up things, and less of goon rush prowess.

I accept the compliments but I really didn't do anything other than talk to people. I didn't toot my horn or the horn of Morgoona for that matter. poo poo just happens and somehow we end up in the middle of it. I took advantage of what I could to make the best fun for me and thats how things panned out.

Other people just run some thread on their head and then even funnier Durr Hurr Goon emotions runs high and tears flow and you know we all live for that poo poo. Take this poor bastard for example, falling on his own drat sword. I can't help it setting people like him up for failure.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Tempus Thales posted:

I accept the compliments but I really didn't do anything other than talk to people. I didn't toot my horn or the horn of Morgoona for that matter. poo poo just happens and somehow we end up in the middle of it. I took advantage of what I could to make the best fun for me and thats how things panned out.

Other people just run some thread on their head and then even funnier Durr Hurr Goon emotions runs high and tears flow and you know we all live for that poo poo. Take this poor bastard for example, falling on his own drat sword. I can't help it setting people like him up for failure.

Ahh, never ceases to entertain though! Also what's this about people being upset about a few hammers that take 20min tops to gather/make getting stolen :lol:

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
As of late playing with goons is like rubbing sand on your eyeballs. Goons are paying too much attention at what not to do that there is always some drama-fireball-tryhard instead of goons taking advantage of the game to do fun poo poo... at this point its better to run on a pubbie guild and pull poo poo off because they at least laugh at it.

The main thing behind all those shenanigans was having fun in the game and making fun out of the game, not letting the game take the best out of you. Regardless of how people see it I will have my fun with any game I play first and foremost and everyone can get behind my fun and enjoy it or not and be a grumpy goon.

In the end it doesn't matter to me, because I am going to make the game fun for me.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

FireWhizzle posted:

Ahh, never ceases to entertain though! Also what's this about people being upset about a few hammers that take 20min tops to gather/make getting stolen :lol:

South Base PENIS goons went up to north base (no nickname) to churn mithril for base defenses and someone in the troupe that went up north either took more mats (iron and some hammers) than they needed and/or it was part of a pubbie raid to the base and took something. The usual ensued. Lets point fingers and blame someone instead of getting back to our feet and pummel people around. I quickly went and got a shitload of iron for Morkon, and provided most of the material missing regardless of what people think because its not a big deal....

As custom, hilarity ensued goons got butte hurt and as always, I got demoted. The troops rallied against the drama storm and I got promoted again by Dear Leader who stepped up to the plate after riots happened.

:boom:

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Tempus Thales posted:

South Base PENIS goons went up to north base (no nickname) to churn mithril for base defenses and someone in the troupe that went up north either took more mats (iron and some hammers) than they needed and/or it was part of a pubbie raid to the base and took something. The usual ensued. Lets point fingers and blame someone instead of getting back to our feet and pummel people around. I quickly went and got a shitload of iron for Morkon, and provided most of the material missing regardless of what people think because its not a big deal....

As custom, hilarity ensued goons got butte hurt and as always, I got demoted. The troops rallied against the drama storm and I got promoted again by Dear Leader who stepped up to the plate after riots happened.

:boom:

I like that the first thought was grr Awful must have betrayed us for 60 iron, and 30 wood!!! :argh:, instead of "We're playing an open pvp/steal sandbox and someone probably either made a mistake or stole them."

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

FireWhizzle posted:

I like that the first thought was grr Awful must have betrayed us for 60 iron, and 30 wood!!! :argh:, instead of "We're playing an open pvp/steal sandbox and someone probably either made a mistake or stole them."

to be fair, it is goonguild.txt as you said

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Blazing Zero posted:

to be fair, it is goonguild.txt as you said

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

:jerkbag:

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Oddly enough, I think Awful might be one of the few people that understands my posts are intended to be comedic, on this the funny posts site of somethingawful dot com.

Even when I jab at him, he knows it is in jest, for it is internet video game.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

FireWhizzle posted:

Oddly enough, I think Awful might be one of the few people that understands my posts are intended to be comedic, on this the funny posts site of somethingawful dot com.

Even when I jab at him, he knows it is in jest, for it is internet video game.

Wait you are saying other goons get mad at your jokes is a thing?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Goons playing MMOs - something something the definition of insanity.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

i wuz here 2016

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Kimsemus posted:

it has to be fishing pact withdrawal.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Kimsemus posted:

No, this time will be different.

I will play this game for along time.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Tenzarin posted:

No, this time will be different.

I will play this game for along time.

Famous last words no Goon has said before.

RIP

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
:captainpop:

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
Although I may not be playing this lovely game with you friends. I am here in spirit reading all the lols. Awful, keep doing His work. Our Lord and Savior Lowtax is pleased.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
the steam reviews for this are so very full of beautiful tears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
I was out this week at WWDC in San Francisco, and was trying to spin myself into E3 but work and free time collided. I can't wait to log in the game this weekend and see what has happened on my absence.

Probably nothing... :(

• Locked thread