Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Enjoyed roving around terrorizing the locals with you guys tonight. Don't think I'll ever be yellow...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
This game really is quite fun.

(Aside from the perplexing rollback bug which seems to affect only a certain part of our town)

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I made it to the goon city, but no one seemed to be around. Same deal with the mumble channel. Can't wait to stab bears and pubbies with goons.

On my way there I swiped a bunch of cooked fish out of a guy's campfire while he was cooking it. He stabbed me so I took off and he chased. Then a bear (I think) attacked and killed him while he was chasing me. GOTY. I also punched a campfire out of existence while someone was using it.

So I just logged out in the middle of the goon city. I'm assuming I'll log in there when I hop on next? On one hand I hope so. On the other, another Sax's March to the Sea style stroll to goontown would be fun so I can once again steal everything not nailed down or locked up.

Zerric
Jan 11, 2003
Big Dick Zerric
Just logged in to oFizz or whatever and his friend breaking down our gates and walls. They took out Rem and Harrower's cabins but because the game is lagging like crazy for me they were just porting around. Oh well, hopefully it rolls back to before the destruction. They're in the Binary Bros guild.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Saxophone posted:

So I just logged out in the middle of the goon city. I'm assuming I'll log in there when I hop on next? On one hand I hope so. On the other, another Sax's March to the Sea style stroll to goontown would be fun so I can once again steal everything not nailed down or locked up.

I think you got on just as most of us got off. The server has been crashing and rolling back the part of our town that has our guild hall causing all kinds of headache.

Haha, keep up the good work. Last night I was in some guy's fort hiding my name tag by being on the opposite side of his cabin as him metal gear solid style. Every time he would turn around, I would run and clean out whatever workbench he was at. He only spotted me cause I swapped his wood and ore with random twigs and poo poo I had trashing up my inventory.

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

I know where oFizz lives: 2858, 4871. He will regret it greatly.

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

Remb posted:

I know where oFizz lives: 2858, 4871. He will regret it greatly.

Let's go punch his stuff

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Is there anywhere I can read up on the game? The controls were pretty clunky and I'd like to know something about something. I don't know how skill points work or anything.

I think I basically want to just rob people blind, maybe stab them and then ride off on some sort of horse.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

So this morning the devs had a server message saying they were very sorry about buildings disappearing with the crashes -- and that they worked very hard to fix it. So maybe our area isn't cursed. Either way, I built a big expansion for more housing with Zeric's help, I just need someone to finish the outside gate and put up a gate connecting the two from the inside (if we want them connected) since I can't make copper bars. It's exactly 3 cabins wide and maybe 5 or 6 cabins long, I had to cut the length short because there's a hill and I didn't want people jumping off the hill over the walls.

Saxophone posted:

Is there anywhere I can read up on the game? The controls were pretty clunky and I'd like to know something about something. I don't know how skill points work or anything.

I think I basically want to just rob people blind, maybe stab them and then ride off on some sort of horse.

There's almost no info on the game published anywhere. Hop in the CTS mumble and ask questions in there.
Our guild hall got bugged out so we will hopefully get another guild up soon.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
https://treeoflifewiki.org

auzuguwu
Oct 30, 2011
Just crafted my first rare item http://i.imgur.com/ZZ0yWnI.jpg, made with all rare linen cloths

seems like crafting materials have a hidden quality which affects the crafted item
0-9 crude 10-39 white 40+ rare

TQB9A-EZ57E-KRQZ8 free adventure pack upgrade code

auzuguwu fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jun 2, 2015

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
I went ahead and got this game, looks fun!

In as Rafza.

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jun 2, 2015

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
In as Haro. Surprisingly this game seems more feature complete and entertaining than most of the Early Access survival shitshows.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
For anyone that hasn't seen it yet, you can get a free upgrade to the Adventure Pack or whatever in exchange for writing a favorable review of the game and sending the developer an e-mail. While this is indeed pretty sketchy, the eight extra inventory slots is pretty hard to turn down.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/361800/announcements/detail/200753602543596201

Honestly the game is pretty good, so I was ok with giving it a favorable review. The offer expires today though so if you are interested you have to act fast.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Is the guild situation unfucked yet? I dropped the old guild and applied at the new guild house but I guess the new guild master is one of those guys that never logs on?

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

The new guild house disappeared after another rollback, the guild house in base now is the old one.

In other words no.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
I loved playing H&H way back with some of you folks.

On the fence about this...thing

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Stringbean posted:

I loved playing H&H way back with some of you folks.

On the fence about this...thing

This game is not good. loving around with goons building poo poo is good.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Guild situation is still fucky, however there is now a slums connected to our base (and spilling outside of it) with workstations for un-guilded goons. Get in the CTS mumble and go hog wild.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Aw, I'm getting a "failed to connect to game server" error.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Saxophone posted:

Aw, I'm getting a "failed to connect to game server" error.

I was concerned that I had somehow hosed up my game; thankfully the servers are just down. EU and Asia servers are up though

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

aaahh godd damnitttt another terrible game I need to play

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

first logon attempt, server is down... that's a good sign

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Baldbeard posted:

Guild situation is still fucky, however there is now a slums connected to our base (and spilling outside of it) with workstations for un-guilded goons. Get in the CTS mumble and go hog wild.

I have no idea how much or any of the slums will remain once the servers come back up. Pretty cool when it eats buildings that take 60 lumber.

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Who cares, punch more trees

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Xexre posted:

Who cares, punch more trees

Tree punching will only get you so far. The slums started to be made because I wanted to make a loving knife and a sandwich and the buildings you need to make that happen are under GOON LOCKDOWN.

I mean poo poo, to make a knife you need:

A smelting thingy to make ingots
A a wood processing thingy to make boards
A smithy, to make the drat knife
BUT OH WAIT, to get above level 0 blacksmithing you need to make a copper knife first. Level 1 is the far less complex "nail" and other useless poo poo that's just there for leveling, but for LEVEL 1 you need to make a copper knife.
The copper knife takes a mold, which can only be made from a carpenter shop AND a handgrip that requires a tailor.

So that's like, five buildings and two workbenches you need to craft to be able to make a lovely knife.

Haroshia fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 3, 2015

auzuguwu
Oct 30, 2011
its back up

it takes 60 lumber to make half of a sewing armor

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Join the CTS mumble and immediately start having fun. Being in the guild and getting into the goonbase is not the paradise you would expect. There's no guild chat, and anyone can jump over the walls. The only thing you are missing out on is access to the workstations, and there are abandoned towns with every workstation everywhere. At this point in the game, it's all about your character and skills, not your stuff. All communication is done through mumble.

Instead of getting frustrated trying to make everything yourself, just ask "Can anyone make me this item?" and be nice and throw some wood/ore their way. It's that simple.
I spent a good portion of the morning expanding the base so we could have a communal storage area and it almost immediately got filled in with workstations because people couldn't wait for the guild situation to get sorted out.
Chill yall, the game is a hilarious mess.

Baldbeard fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jun 3, 2015

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
In as Yarpblat, hoping Jaroslav's guild is the right one for invites.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
In as Forgo and making the trek there. In the meantime I have full looted 2 afk reds, had a firewood battle with another noob and got ganked.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
The goonbase went from a couple shacks and a campfire next to a lake, to a frontier fortress, to a favela in less than a week. It looks really loving funny right now because it's currently in this little 3 hour window where almost no other goon but me is logged on to kill zombies and fix walls, and I'm not in the mood to fix walls because it means I can just jump over them to get through various guild locked gates rather than having to do roof top acrobatics/wait for a guild hall to phase in from the nether realms at the same time the deadbeat guild master is logged on. Shout outs to jimlit and ruggan who just built cabins off to the side giving literally zero fucks about anything at all.

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Harrower posted:

The goonbase went from a couple shacks and a campfire next to a lake, to a frontier fortress, to a favela in less than a week. It looks really loving funny right now because it's currently in this little 3 hour window where almost no other goon but me is logged on to kill zombies and fix walls, and I'm not in the mood to fix walls because it means I can just jump over them to get through various guild locked gates rather than having to do roof top acrobatics/wait for a guild hall to phase in from the nether realms at the same time the deadbeat guild master is logged on. Shout outs to jimlit and ruggan who just built cabins off to the side giving literally zero fucks about anything at all.

Deadbeat? I probably play as much as anyone. I am sorry that i haven't adjusted my playing schedule to fit perfectly with yours, will get right on that!

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ive been playing this for a bit.

Went off to collect some rocks with a cart. Passed by a red and his friend, they asked if they could have a rock. I said no, so the yellow guy killed me T.T

As a ghost i followed them back to their base, took back the cart when i respawned and ran it back to my base, passing this big arse fort on the way. Despite the reds claiming i stole their cart the people of the fort came to my aid and chased the reds into the desert.

I put the cart back in my base and promptly went over to the red's base and proceeded steal everything and then punch everything to the ground.

I am still red LOL

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER
I'm in game as Beats, going to make my way to the Town and see how much I die along the way having no idea what I'm doing.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez
Damnit, you guys are making me want to buy this stupid game now too...

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i mean yeah its stupid and bad, but it has a lot more cool ideas than some of the garbage ive seen floating around.

plus it exists which is a huge bonus in these times of kickstarter games

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

Guild is now full and since there is no way to kick inactive members we are probably going to have to start a second guild with its own area for crafting etc. Derp

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

I put guild locks on all my poo poo, take if you're going to be productive with it and not hoard.
Would prefer the iron and copper go to our high skilled smith or tinker and cloth/leather to our tailor as they can make good gear and not worthless low quality garbage

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Jaroslav posted:

Guild is now full and since there is no way to kick inactive members we are probably going to have to start a second guild with its own area for crafting etc. Derp

Yeah it's really, really time to start a second independent base with its own guild hall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Jaroslav posted:

Deadbeat? I probably play as much as anyone. I am sorry that i haven't adjusted my playing schedule to fit perfectly with yours, will get right on that!

Lol if you are a goon guild master in even the shittiest of early trashcess garbage games and not logged in 23.5 hours a day. Not like it matters anyway since both guild halls have merged into one super guild hall of useless failure after being stuck in the roll back zone for nearly 3 days.

• Locked thread