Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Hit 31 carpentry yesterday, any one up for trying to get a second layer of stone walls around the base this weekend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

loving goons, listen up, keep poo poo organized in the base, I'll kill you.

Outside the base ONE personal cabin and keep it tightly along the wall with the others not blocking the doors.

Your are triggering me people, stop please!

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jun 5, 2015

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Fat and Useless posted:

Outside the base ONE personal cabin and keep it tightly along the wall with the others not blocking the doors.

Oh god that's right the base is lined with bungalows. It would have been super easy to wrap the existing walls in stone

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Wrap the outer cabins in stone worst case we make more towers. Maybe we still can need our wall maker to get on to find out.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Fat and Useless posted:

We were kinda trapped outside and inside the fort yesterday and I had to make 3 cabins for storage. My one by the door isn't blocking it.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

The same post with directions to the base specifically asks for 1 cabin per person, and not to slum up the outside while waiting for an invite. :saddowns:

I'll make people stations and cabins if they will remove their extras and crooked junk. Otherwise we may have to wrecking crew to make a second wall, and that means waiting 24 hours.

Walls should be able to be one tile from cabins. So I think we can do stone between the wood and cabins. I'll check after work here in a couple hours.

Baldbeard fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jun 5, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So the thing about the picture is the inner circle, one row of cabins or more?

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

I think what happened was the Augustus guy was chasing this dude who stole his cart and he ran into our base for shelter, this is the result:

Watching a guy pace around and crack is fun, at one point he tried to cart up our unbuilt wells and ram the door. He's still locked in logged off as a naked red. Please enjoy.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

So the thing about the picture is the inner circle, one row of cabins or more?

Lets start with one row so it's even until we need a second row. I think we should replace or add stone to our current walls before we screw around with enclosing the housing.

Outside housing is more than fine for personal use, and we have tons of communal housing secured inside already.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
To make safe to remake the inner walls would warrant the outer walls being up.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

To make safe to remake the inner walls would warrant the outer walls being up.

We may be able to put stone between the wooden walls and outside cabins because of how wall placement works.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

It's already being treasured. Game is easily worth the 20$ I spent on it today.

auzuguwu
Oct 30, 2011
I can make people a set of iron armor for

120 iron sculptures
110 charcoal
36 fleece
50 coal
100 firewood
30 copper sculptures
36 water

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

auzuguwu posted:

I can make people a set of iron armor for

120 iron sculptures
110 charcoal
36 fleece
50 coal
100 firewood
30 copper sculptures
36 water

That's more items then a single cabin holds! Can factor that that down with the sub parts to save inventory space??

No.Mercy
Oct 4, 2011
I am the one responsible for the lovely cabin placement, my bad. I have to go to work for a few hours but I'll move it when I get back tonight!

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Jimlit posted:

Hit 31 carpentry yesterday, any one up for trying to get a second layer of stone walls around the base this weekend?

I'm 26, trying to get 30 so that I can help out with that

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Rafzakael posted:

I'm 26, trying to get 30 so that I can help out with that

Iron arrows no longer need sand paper, that will take you to 30 real quick.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Confirmed. We can simply place stone walls between our current wooden walls and the outside cabins. I'll start laying down foundations immediately and anyone can fill in the tesseras. It's 20 tessera per section.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Baldbeard posted:

Confirmed. We can simply place stone walls between our current wooden walls and the outside cabins. I'll start laying down foundations immediately and anyone can fill in the tesseras. It's 20 tessera per section.

I have a few stacks from leveling up mining last night. So much stuff you make doesn't seem to have any use at first just didn't want to throw them away.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
What we really need is an assload of Stone Fragments, Feathers, and Black Flowers

if anybody wants to go out hunting, feathers are in the grasslands (where our old base is)

Black flowers are apparently anywhere if you look for them

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jun 5, 2015

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

snuck into someone's base when he opened the door

he and his friend then killed me (going red in the process) - I respawned, killed one and stole his stuff, and made the other let me out

the ultimate humiliation

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

thats also what i wonder when eating eggs

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Backpacks are on the horizon. I'm at 30 tinkering and we need 40 to make backpacks. The mats on them are like 4 big leather and some oil or something -- so once I can make them we will all be running around with 5 more slots.
The only problem is getting there, I think the most efficient way is literally to grind paper and scrolls all the way there. So if someone wants to team up with me we can level forests for wood, pass the wood to you to make paper, then pass the paper to me to make scrolls. We will both gain massive tinkering in the process.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Up to 30 farming, if farming can do anything not boring.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Baldbeard posted:

Backpacks are on the horizon. I'm at 30 tinkering and we need 40 to make backpacks. The mats on them are like 4 big leather and some oil or something -- so once I can make them we will all be running around with 5 more slots.
The only problem is getting there, I think the most efficient way is literally to grind paper and scrolls all the way there. So if someone wants to team up with me we can level forests for wood, pass the wood to you to make paper, then pass the paper to me to make scrolls. We will both gain massive tinkering in the process.

I am fishing every whale possible, you will have all the big leather and oil you need.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
Is there an ETA on forming a second guild, or room being made in the current guild? I came over to the goon base today and being able to get in would be useful.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

no

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

So for people that cant get into the guild are there any options? Having to explain to people that I am a goon constantly to avoid getting jacked is annoying. Going afk to come back and find some dumb rear end shouting WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE at me like he just won the super bowl of griefing by killing an afk red is going to get old in a hurry.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

CoffeeBooze posted:

So for people that cant get into the guild are there any options? Having to explain to people that I am a goon constantly to avoid getting jacked is annoying. Going afk to come back and find some dumb rear end shouting WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE at me like he just won the super bowl of griefing by killing an afk red is going to get old in a hurry.

Why are you red? Just don't be red and problem solved. Until someone gets on to accept you.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Ruggan posted:

Why are you red? Just don't be red and problem solved. Until someone gets on to accept you.

This game would be pretty boring staying yellow. Apparently the criminal timer ticks down while you are dead though, so Ill just let my timer run out while dead.

I thought NOTLOWTAX was currently full though. Is there actually room for more if I apply?

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

We have everything in place for the second guild, we just need Jimlit to get on and drop the guild hall. I know it seems like an eternity, but every time we get close, the planned guild leader disappears. Half of our base and half of the gates are owned by Jim so as soon as he places the guild hall everything will be set.

For now, just be in mumble so you can ask questions and go out and have fun terrorizing people (as a yellow would be easier at first). Every 10 feet is an abandoned village with work stations so you can craft while roaming. Just use mats immediately to gain skills instead of hoarding. This game is about what you can do, not what you have.

I've never been red, ever, and I steal more materials than I gather, and constantly poo poo post about my pirating adventures.

Baldbeard fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jun 6, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

CoffeeBooze posted:

Hahaha, I was just passing through when I said that. Dude you ran around the base for like at least an hour taking stuff out of the crafting tables.

On a side note, can we make a pen inside for animals so we can get those sweet first 10 levels for the stats?

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Baldbeard posted:

We have everything in place for the second guild, we just need Jimlit to get on and drop the guild hall. I know it seems like an eternity, but every time we get close, the planned guild leader disappears. Half of our base and half of the gates are owned by Jim so as soon as he places the guild hall everything will be set.

For now, just be in mumble so you can ask questions and go out and have fun terrorizing people (as a yellow would be easier at first). Every 10 feet is an abandoned village with work stations so you can craft while roaming. Just use mats immediately to gain skills instead of hoarding. This game is about what you can do, not what you have.

I've never been red, ever, and I steal more materials than I gather, and constantly poo poo post about my pirating adventures.

I have the guild hall placed and tommorrow when i'm not red I will wrap it up.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

So, the asian guild BOT is setting up a very large base next door. They are not as geared as us, but their planned base is larger than ours and they are starting their stone walls.
I sprinted in when they opened their door, murdered their reds, and stole a bunch of their !~backpacks~1, but now I'm trapped inside. After work today if someone wants to break me out, I can hand out some 5-slot fuckers. I don't want to go red and lose'em.

Baldbeard fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jun 6, 2015

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
So in the past night of setting up the new fishing cabin, I've had no less then five different people come by and offer to buy foods and leathers. I'm probably going to need a shop

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

Dude you ran around the base for like at least an hour taking stuff out of the crafting tables.

I don't know who you think I am, but no. I used the crafting tables outside the base to get a cabin setup but I couldnt even go in the base due to arrow towers taking pot shots at me. Even then I farmed my own materials. It doesn't exactly take much to build a cabin.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Baldbeard posted:

So, the asian guild BOT is setting up a very large base next door. They are not as geared as us, but their planned base is larger than ours and they are starting their stone walls.
I sprinted in when they opened their door, murdered their reds, and stole a bunch of their !~backpacks~1, but now I'm trapped inside. After work today if someone wants to break me out, I can hand out some 5-slot fuckers. I don't want to go red and lose'em.

I got in there last night and killed ~10 animals and made it out with a stone wall kit. I also constructed five stone wall kits randomly in their base, can you get the kit back if you don't finish building them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Baldbeard posted:

Oh yeah, their base is pretty large. I helped them out today though. They were stockpiling up some wall kits so i helped by placing them all in front of their gates. I can't see exactly what they were typing (asians), but I'm pretty sure they were thanking me.

• Locked thread