Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
The subject isn't long enough to fit the title.

Okay I haven't finished grading the two weeks ago stuff because I'm still sorting through the Fantasy booking. I'll be doing that today but at the same time I'm posting this now because it's already late. I'll update this OP when I finish with it.

Here are the Elimination Chamber questions; this is half a PPV, so it's worth like half the points.

Seth Rollins versus Dean Ambrose (10 Points)

John Cena versus Kevin Owens (7 Points)

Tag Team Elimination Chamber Match; The New Day (c) vs. The Lucha Dragons vs. Tyson Kidd and Cesaro vs. The Prime Time Players vs. The Ascension vs. Los Matadores (7 Points)

Sheamus vs Ryback vs R-Truth vs King Barret vs Rusev vs Dolph Ziggler for the Intercontinental Championship (7 Points)

Nikki Bella vs Paige vs Naomi (5 points)

Neville versus Bo Dallas. You won't get any points from this but getting it right will make you feel good about yourself and that's what matters.

And our Redemption game, on the sheet, is this;

Pick one of the questions you think you got wrong, and make some sort of funny joke/fantasy book with extra ridiculousness/whatever it. Effort is worth points, the top three answers get two bonus points even if they already answered a question right.

You don't have to post in this thread to get an extra point, since people complained about that too. We'll try this format and see how people feel about it.

http://goo.gl/forms/8KR3hiwA0v

There's teh form.

The Results for now;

From Payback, we have this;

Doctor Baby 60.11
Petit Gregory 60.11
Kevino07 57.11
Kitten kisses 51.11
wandler29 51.11

These are our Top 5. Spots 6 through 18 are all ties at 50.11, those names are; 21 Hoot Salute Albertrayon AlmightyPants Authorman Cardboard Box Carver Crisis IcePhoenix Legoman727 Mukaikubo nonrev NowonSA ShakeZula ThePariah

Our Current Top DAWGS are;

Petit Gregory 119.61, Kevino07 116.11, Albertrayon 112.61, nonrev 112.61, NowonSA 112.61

So once again, we see some familiar faces at the top, including Albertrayon and nonrev. I guess they're really good at predicting WWE's booking strategy! You should ask them for tips!

Here's the top 3 answers to the Fantasy Booking Question. I will be honest; a lot of these were really good and I felt bad about only having to pick three. the first winner is Jetfire who managed to show both a complete lack of interest in the match while simultaneously predicting that the Shield was going to beat up Randy Orton. Some other people did this, but his was basically directly spot on.

Jetfire posted:

Shield triple power bombs Orton, then turn on each other. Rollins takes advantage of the ensuing chaos. J&J get thrown around a bit, I dunno

Next is Revenant Threshold, who had probably the best answer in sheer lunacy.

Revenant Threshold posted:

The championship bout - a standard, dull, plodding affair - is enlivened when suddenly a sedan car races from the back, stopping at ringside, and from within come Erick Rowan and, to the great and loud shock of Michael Cole, a second Dean Ambrose. It is revealed that such was the violence and depravity committed by these two during their street fight at the last PPV, they were actually flung forwards in time. The two brawl into the ring, where three of the participants stare in surprise. Rowan and past-Dean clobber each other, and the other wrestlers, with weapons, at which point the Big Show hits the scene, lamenting that his attempts to destroy tables, chairs, and other outside objects were all to try and prevent this grisly fate, a future he foresaw in the shiny, reflective surface of Hogan's head, which he alone is tall enough to peer down into.

Finally, bleeding, bound, trapped in the wreckage of what's left of the ring, Rown and past-Dean find they have robbed this area of all the possible weapons, much as they have all other times the pair have visited, and speed off in their car, to go to... I dunno, the Marie Celeste, or something. Spooky!

Rollins, Reigns, and Orton - defeated and broken by the onslaught of the two - prepare to deliver one finisher to each other, when, laughing, maniacally, our present version of Dean rises unscathed from where he has been hiding under JBL's hat, his previous sneaking only a warm-up for this ultimate example of the craft. He soundly beats two of the other wrestlers, but when it comes to Rollins, his crazed-but-confident demeanour turns into worry. This slowly fades as he realises Seth is setting up for his finisher, and, muttering unintelligibly about changes to the timestream and something called a "curb stomp", he effortlessly counters the move, and pins him for the 1, 2, 3.

So begins the reign of Dean Ambrose - first, last, and only WWE Heavywater Champion of Time and Space.

Next come two very special answers that are close to my heart. I gave them both the split decision of 7 points, and I think when you read them you'll know why.

Haven posted:

You said "fantasy," so...

The match goes about as expected, maybe Dean and Roman are kinda teaming up against the other two, and all three are hammering Seth pretty hard. He weasels out of the ring and runs around trying to avoid everyone. He probably hides behind Kane and the other three just end up trying to take each other out in the meantime. Orton gets hits with a Dirty Deeds, then he RKOs Roman, Roman turns on Dean and spears him.

As Dean, Roman, and Randy are all dazed from each other's finishers, Seth gets back in the ring and lines them up shoulder to shoulder. We then see the triumphant return of the Curb Stomp with a TRIPLE CURB STOMP like he's climbing an invisible staircase as he mashes all three of their heads into the mat one after another. But maybe he accidentally trips on the last one, hits the top rope and falls to the mat, dazed as well.

Just then, some intern in the back trips and drops his steak wrap onto the soundboard which cues up the Shield theme. The crowd loses their poo poo chanting for the Shield, and Seth, Dean, and Roman share a meaningful moment of gazing at each other, remembering what they once had, before they're overcome with emotion and start a three-man group hug. It's clear all is forgiven, they're stronger together than they ever were apart, who cares if Seth is champ, together they'll make sure Dean gets the IC belt and Roman gets the US title, and they'll always be best friends, forever!

While all this is going on, the Viper sees his chance and does a running leap to RKO one of them -- but Dean sees it coming! Together they grab him out of the air and set up the triple power bomb! But right before they slam him down, Orton yells for them to stop! With teary eyes he says he was only ever so hard on them because he was jealous of their connection with each other, and do they think that maybe the Shield could use just one more member?

The guys have a quick powwow and ultimately decide that the Shield works better with an even number and Randy is inducted to thunderous applause. As the celebration starts to die down, Seth announces that the Shield has a new mission which starts right now. All four of them leave the ring and walk UP the steps and out of the arena. "Now just what the HELL is this, Maggle?!"

At this point, I am on my couch, overjoyed by the match and bewildered at just what the hell is going on, Maggle. Just then the doorbell rings like the drat Publisher's Clearing House is here. When I open the door, all four members of the New Shield are on the doorstep and I think you know where this is going from here...

Thanks to slippery slope created by gay marriage, the New Shield and I are able to successfully get polygamy legalized in the US, and the five of us live happily ever after, the end.

and the one that beats it out is Icephoenix. Even though I'm pretty sure he didn't write it himself, I have to give points for the fact he, like Haven, completely destroyed the tables and also my heart. It's also getting spoilered so now this post looks like a CIA Document.

Icephoenix posted:

Seth and Roman knew something was wrong with Dean. Hell, everyone knew SOMETHING was wrong with Dean. His boyfriends were just the only ones who cared enough to worry. It didn't matter how much they worried though because they didn't know how to fix it. As such, they had to sit back and watch their lover self destruct.

Dean was irritable. More so than he normally portrays, that is. And he was getting progressively more aggressive. Not only that, but he was prone to long fits of ignoring everyone and sulking to himself in some lone bar or dingy diner.

Any time either of the men tried talking to Dean, he would blow it off with an obviously strained smile or simply run off. When he couldn't run, and it felt like too much effort to plaster a smile on his face he snapped, giving verbal lashes and throwing punches, trying to fight his way out like a cornered animal. Regardless of how Seth or Roman approached him, Dean refused to open up about anything. It was getting to the point where it was putting a strain on their relationship and they were desperate for a solution, wanting to help not only Dean now, but their future together.

So Seth and Roman talked. A lot. Mostly about Dean and how to make things better. Of course, Dean took this the wrong way and it only made him more irritable and more likely to turn down any potentially helpful advances- not that he knew that. Honestly, Dean was scared his boyfriends were going to leave him and that he'd be alone again. After all, who needs a worthless third wheel when your other boyfriend is more attractive and a decent amount more sane?

So after endless hours of talking and countless failed attempts at helping their boyfriend, Roman and Seth put together a plan. It was maybe a touch drastic but the situation was, after all, drastic.

One night, after a particularly long Raw, Roman and Seth cornered Dean backstage. Maybe Dean had had enough of his partners constantly hounding him about what was wrong. Or maybe he was just done with everything; ready to check into a motel and check out of life for a night. Not that it mattered as Dean let himself be lead to the car and drove to a motel, not putting up any of his normal fight.

Dean just seemed so dejected as he let himself be dragged along that Seth almost felt bad for doing this. But, as Roman reminded him on the drive, this might be their only chance with a semi-pliable Dean and they didn't want to blow it now. So Seth sucked it up, telling himself that doing this would make Dean feel better.

As soon as they got to the hotel room, Dean started showing signs of aggression, despite not wanting another fight. He was tired and wanted to sleep.

Roman wasn't having any of that. "Dean. Look at me." His voice was calm, yet had a slight edge to it that told Dean they weren't playing; they were having this conversation and they were having it now. When that didn't have the desired effect, Roman grabbed Dean's jaw, jerking his head to look at him. For a brief second he saw hurt. Pain. Betrayal. But as soon as it appeared, it disappeared, masked by Dean's usual hard, ruthless shell.

"Bite me, fucker. We're not doing this" He tried to twist away, vaguely surprised when Roman let him go, only to find himself in Seth's arms. He fought his way out, a wild look in his eyes as he became desperate to get away. As soon as he got away from Seth, Roman had him. It was loving useless and he felt.... Scared and trapped.

Dean felt tears start to well in his eyes as he half heartedly punched Roman's chest. He was so focused on punching his way out of this, fighting every fibre of his being that told him to give up, that he barely noticed his boyfriends dragging him to the bed and tying him there.

Only when he was unable to throw punches, did he truly start to panic. "G-guys. C'mon. This isn't funny. Let me go...."

Despite his protests, Seth and Roman hovered over him unrelenting. Seth still felt kind guilty as he say a stray tear run down Dean's cheek, so he left the talking to Rome. "We'll let you go when you tell us why you're acting like such a bitch."

At that, Dean lunged forward, tugging at his restraints, snapping like a feral dog. "I'm only a acting like a both cuz my loving boyfriends decided to kidnap me!" He looked at Seth pleadingly before snapping around Roman. "If you're gonna tie me up like this, you better gently caress me raw, you bastard"

Seth sighed, pulling himself together enough to speak. "Look, Dean. We love you. We just want to see you feel better."

"Don't fuckin lie! You don't love me!" He hasn't meant to let it slip but now it was out there. Shrinking back into the bed, Dean looked between Seth and Roman. Roman looked shocked and Seth looked like a kicked puppy. "I... I don't.... I just..."

Seth was on top of Dean in a second, kissing him softly to cut off his protests, replacing them with praise of his own. "Dean. I love you. Ro does too. Don't ever say that again. I will loving beat you if you do. I love you so loving much, you amazing mother fucker."

By now, Dean was squirming, entirely uncomfortable under Seth's seemingly endless praise. "I.... I..... get off me. Leave me alone." Dean was slowly starting to struggle less and less and his voice cracked at the end, revealing how broken he truly was.

"Never, baby boy. You're ours and we love you so much." Roman decided to get in on the action and was now sitting on the bed beside Dean, stroking his hair soothingly. A sad smile tugged at his lips as he watched Dean. They had spent hours agonising over what could be wrong with him, when all he had needed was a little TLC.

"Look at me, Dean." Unlike last time Roman had made that request, Dean actually listened this time, slowly looking at his lover through hot tears. "Good boy. Now, you gonna tell us what this is all about?"

It took Dean a second to collect his thoughts and as he did so, it was obvious to the men on top of him that even Dean himself wasn't so sure. Slowly, Dean began to articulate his thoughts into words, "I.... I don't like.... I don't like it when you guys lie to me like that. I know you don't love me as much as you love each other. I'm always a loving third wheel to everybody and it makes me so loving sick. I just want out...." He tugged weakly at his restraints, looking anywhere but at the hurt looks on his partner's face.

Both men were frozen at Dean's sides, utterly shocked at his words. Seth managed to find his voice first, "You.... Want to leave us?"

"No!" Dean snapped, openly crying now as his frustration and anger began building, "I just loving want to be loved for once. I put up this loving badass front and then you fuckers come along and tear it down like its nothing. I never loving needed people and now you have me sobbing like a bitch. Just untie me and leave me alone...." He could have kept going, and he would have, if not for the painful sobs that were wracking his body.

Seth and Roman exchange a glance before untying Dean. Seth pulled the other man into his lap while Roman shifted to hold both of them protectively. Seth started gently rocking Dean, cooing softly. "It's okay, baby... We gotcha.... Let it out.... We won't leave you and we're not letting to leave us. Understood?"

Despite all of his fears and previous aggressions, Dean gave in, nodding weakly. Before he could even acknowledge what was happening, he found himself curling up into Seth, wrapping his arms around Two-tone's waist and whimpering softly, "T-thank you"

Here's the document to look at everyone's answers, under the Payback section. Like before I left them be. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PME5lL1ueALuGnSqrH8JntimdAiN-mZpQnW-oB3CUtg/edit#gid=0

Stallion Cabana fucked around with this message at 21:20 on May 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.
In. Though I'm not sure how Rusev apparently being out now is going to affect the field.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

DukeofCA posted:

In. Though I'm not sure how Rusev apparently being out now is going to affect the field.

That's why the essay question is cool, IMO. If something seems fishy in a match, you get a chance to explain a prediction that is more complicated than multiple choice.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

DukeofCA posted:

Yeah I saw that too but I'm not even sure if they're faking it or not! I looked on wwe.com and didn't see if he was actually out for the match or not

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Done. I like the write-in questions, but this time around I just couldn't think of a single decent thing* 'cause every match on the card is so nothing to me. It's so dull I don't even know how to fantasy book it.

*It is probably wrong of me to imply I have ever thought of anything decent, ever.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

pressedbunny posted:

Done. I like the write-in questions, but this time around I just couldn't think of a single decent thing* 'cause every match on the card is so nothing to me. It's so dull I don't even know how to fantasy book it.

*It is probably wrong of me to imply I have ever thought of anything decent, ever.

Agreed but I like the compromise. You're welcome for me coming up with it, Cabana. :smug:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
In it to win it

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Updated the OP with the results of Payback

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
Oh hey, Third place. That's neat.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm in and my fantasy booking is the stuff of legends.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Stallion Cabana posted:

The first winner is Jetfire who managed to show both a complete lack of interest in the match while simultaneously predicting that the Shield was going to beat up Randy Orton. Some other people did this, but his was basically directly spot on.

Ahaha :psyduck: Accuracy and brevity.

Edit: Submitted for E.C.

Jetfire fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 29, 2015

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm in

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
I'm the Dean Ambrose of fantasy booking.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Well gently caress I didn't know we could write insane poo poo in the write in box. Just wait until next month.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

My Jokey Joke write-in will surely secure all manner of guffaws.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Whammy blammy wowie zowie, I just entered

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I've got a gimmick and I'm sticking with it.

pen0r
May 28, 2004

I really DO heart to fart.
OK, done. Hoping I get a bonus point anyway even though you said no !

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
Cant wait for the new day to reign supreme when Big E is the replacement for Rusev in the ic title chamber and wins it all

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

In it to win it!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

One of these days my Wyatt Family Ministry fantasy booking will come true, you'll see!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I am so happy that I was able to touch your heart, Stallion. I went in a different direction this time, though.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I was first, briefly. I will put that on my resume. In.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Wrong answers submitted as per normal this season

See y'all suckers at MITB for more wrong answers

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm not entirely sure what to think about the avatar someone has bestowed upon me. I'll miss my Ambrose in a box.

Dick Swiveller
Mar 2, 2011

Dunno how I swung that one but all that will change 'cause I'm loving it up with some truly wrong answers this time, and one tortured, awful, overlong joke.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

in

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014
stupid wrestling opinions sent

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

So I guess this means my booking sensibilities are in line with an out-of-touch 70-year-old.

In that case, I apologize ahead of time for completely ruining Bray Wyatt's gimmick any more than was thought possible.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Gotta keep spiraling down the rankings with my horrible predictions!

Edit: I'd also like to revise my picks to Ziggler and Sheamus as possible IC title match winners, in place of Ziggler and Rusev, if at all possible.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 14:36 on May 30, 2015

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
I only submitted one answer for the IC title winner. CONFIDENCE, SON.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I hope to continue with my spree of wholly unimpressive results in this round as well.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
In. I did the lowest effort thing for the essay question but I still think it'll work.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I'm glad the Intercontinental Championship is being used as a prop for the Neverending Story that is Sheamus vs. Ziggler.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Why? Why did I pick Ambrose?

Metalocalypse
Jul 29, 2006
Let's lose more ground with horrible choices, yay.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
is there a way to change a pick? i wanna switch to Owens cause I'm an idiot who thinks the odds are too great for Cena to overcome

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Made my incorrect predictions, I don't understand why I had to pick two winners for a couple of the questions but I did anyway, so there's that.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i keep forgetting about this show. it's going to be tomorrow and i'm going to forget about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014
I have some sort of memory problem that keeps me betting against John Cena.

• Locked thread