Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Welcome to Heroes of the Stormfia! The hit mafia game based on the hit Blizzard FARTS game Heroes of the Storm! In Heroes of the Storm you control a Hero of the Storm and battle other Heroes of the Storm in order to destroy the other teams nexus. In Heroes of the Stormfia, you play a pretty standard, pretty role heavy mafia game with terrible flavor inspired by the hit Blizzard FARTS game Heroes of the Storm!

Stuff will happen and it will be fun! Since the game is officially releasing on Tuesday I will aim to start this game around that time as well!

Anyway you know the rules:

Dont talk outside of thread unless I say you can

Dont edit posts

Don’t post your role PM, any outside Mod communication, or any outside the thread communication in the thread.

DONT LURK! I wouldn’t lurk your game! Lurking ruins the game, and I would rather everyone be dirty mafia cheaters than lurkers. If you can’t at least show up and make a few poo poo posts each game day then go join some other dudes game. I will hate you until you die and then I will hate your bones.

This is a game for 18 players, I have had this setup ready to go for a couple months now, and I am pretty happy with it. It is a more role heavy game than I would usually put together, but I feel that it is pretty balanced. I also think it will be fun! Role PMs are ready I just need 18 dudes. Then I can start this bad boy Monday or Tuesday! Get Hyped Heroes!

1. apostateCourier Welcomed to the Space Jam day 1 Town aligned Nova town hider
  2. CapitalistPig lynched day 2, Town Miller/Mason recruiter
  3. Chic Trombone Town Vanilla (kerrigan)
  4. DGK2000
  5. dscruffy1
  6. Gridlocked
  7. Hazdoc
  8. Illuen
  9. imgay
  10. Jedit
  11. MC Eating Disorder
  12. MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
  13. Obstacle2 Illidan - Town Blind Wandering Fool killed night 2
  14. Quandary
  15. Shark Mafia killed day 1 (inactivity)Lost Vikings Town aligned JOAT
  16. SirSamVimes
  17. Tremendous Taste Stitches Nexus Jailer lynched day 3
  18. WHICH WAY MADNESS Uther Town JOAT killed night 2

JakeP fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Fits on my monitor!!!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Wow! Great to see some new faces in trad games! All thanks to Heroes of the Storm. God Bless Blizzard!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Obstacle2 posted:

im actually really excited about this but do 18 people really have such nuanced tastes like we do, jake?

i mean this is a hots flavored mafia

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Obstacle2 posted:

I tried to get steinuh to play but he doesnt have plat, rip.

I will allow him to play and communicate with me via email or battle net

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Closing thread, hoping to send out role PMs tonight!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Hey y’all Chen Stormsnout here welcoming y’all to the Heroes of the Storm Nexus

Oh no bad dudes are attacking the core so spooky! Heroes level up and get strong and vanquish thy enemy and save the core, or fall in defeat unless you are scum because then you win, but this speech isn’t for you so please stop reading here if you are scum.

All role PMs have gone out EXCEPT for Illuen who doesn’t have PMs enabled. Illuen please give me a method to contact you with your role! Deadline is yet to be determined.

A player will be lynched today. If there is a no lynch, the player with the lowest post count will be lynched.

Day 1 Starts now!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Gridlocked posted:

Wait are you saying that if a scum dies the town levels up?

ya sure why not

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

Chen, what map are we on?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

SirSamVimes posted:

And now it is revealed that this thread is actually an elaborate advertising ploy. JakeP is a Blizzard employee.

Edit: If JakeP's foul scheme entices you into playing the game, be sure to join the "SAGoons" (sans quotes) channel to find terrible people to play with.

Please do not edit posts!!!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Illuen posted:

So I'm totally that guy who AFKs in base because he didn't realize the game had started! In my defense, yesterday was insane here.

OP: I enabled PMs, send away please!

I need to get on HOTS and play tonight.

PM Sent, all PMs should now be received!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

apostateCourier posted:

So... am I dead?

I am waiting for DGK to confirm you were the target of his action before I resolve it so no

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

apostateCourier posted:

I suppose they didn't actually put a target in the post. Am I cool to post until the verdict comes in?

ya

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
YOU ALL READY FOR THIS

dindindindin din din din din dindindindin din din din dindin dindindindin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuC21C2JtBM

DGK lines up a sick shot, AND HITS IT AT THE BUZZER! THE CROWD GOES WILD!

ApostateCourier is dead though who was Nova, Nexus aligned 2xHider.

RIP

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CdanQx427Q

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Hazdoc posted:

Actually, I like the idea behind the MCED vote.

## Change Vote: MC Eating Disorder

Also because I think taste is just trying to be silly and vaguely anti-town instead of straight up ~blending in~. How common are jesters around these parts?

Please format votes as ##vote player-name so that vote finder can read them, even if it is a revote. ##unvote will remove your vote without voting another player

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Yo asss beards im missing an action hurry

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Lili :Hey y’all Lili Stormsnout here with an important update from the Heroes of the Storm Nexus! Chic Trombone aka Kerrigan (Nexus aligned Vanilla) has been found dead. Zerg royalty everywhere is shaken by the news. I on the other hand am taking the opportunity to hang out with my good pal Rexar coming to a Nexus near you! Rexar how do you feel about this terrifying news.

Rexar: (orcish grunts and stuff I donno i dont speak Orc)

Lili: well there you have it! Back to you Jakep!

Day 2 start

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Oh also there will be no more lowest poster lynched on a no lynch that was a day 1 special

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Obstacle2 posted:

what languages does shrek speak though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76sa3LVwQzk

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
:justpost:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Was not a real double vote

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
on a meeting right now, then lunch, then flip

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Zug zug!

Thrall (cpig) dead oh no! He was Nexus aligned Miller/Mason Recruiter but now hes worm food. Lok’tar Ogar!

I'll leave thread open post away, and get me night actions!!!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Hey y’all, Tychus Findlay here comin’ at you live with another important update from the Heroes of the Storm Nexus!

Uther died WHICH WAY MADNESS - Uther Nexus Aligned Jack of All Trades is dead, But his Ghost lives on! so spooky

Oh also Illidan is dead too. Obstacle2 - Illidan Nexus Aligned Blind Wandering Fool is dead. His ghost is burning in hell.

Start Day 3

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
There was a time when Stitches was a formidable warrior man with a hook that was a good ability and also he wasn’t trash outside of that hook. Now hes just a fat poo poo with a hook that is a good ability and absolutely nothing else going for him except some meaty breasts, and a jolly belly. Now he dead though.

Tremendous Taste - Stitches - Nexus aligned Jailer was lynched

night actions pls

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Illuen has died night 3. (Murky ??? aligned ???)

An egg hatches nearby. Illuen is alive again.

Nobody has died night 3

Uthers ghost has vanished into the nether

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Ill post flip tonight im out and about in nyc

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Jeddit dies he was Jim Raynor Revenge-Aligned Serial Killer but hes dead now

Get me night actions. I am traveling tomorrow so can resolve them in the evening when I get home.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
As long as they aren't saying anything game related, and are very sparse i dont care

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Hazdoc was killed last night. He was Valla Nexus Aligned Miller

Start whatever day it is now

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
anyone thats mad lurky after this game day will be modkilled

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
As the game dwindles down, the players become lethargic and apathetic. GG is heard from some, go back to league from others, but it was enough for Illuen to handle. AFK in base he screamed repeatedly, until the game disconnected him.

He was Murky, Town Aligned Miller 1x Death Proof, and hes dead now. The Forces of evil come down on the town and kill them all and win the game.

Imgay - Rehgar scum aligned Doctor
Meds Cure Schizos - Jaina scum aligned roleblocker
Dscruffy - Zeratul scum aligned invisible dude
and
MC Eating Disorder- Gazlowe scum aligned paranoid gun owner

have won the game.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Jedit was the only 3P. The way his role worked was that him and Chic were both Vanilla towns, that would become SK if either of them died in the first few days (neither knew this).

Heres docs I used for the setup with some actions, but towards the end I was able to do most of this in my head and stopped updating:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T_DHQPIb07Wwi5L-11hv4OKmvrJuAi51a-99MOenHVs/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12vKr7CQbSsK6u8jeZEtMCRPxeKpl-1i7-e79clcCNMg

I actually thought that the scum team would be pretty weak, but Shark Mafia basically lurking out immediately took away 3 town powers right off the bat. Also yes there were 3 millers with 0 cop, because thats fun. I made 2 of the millers have a secondary ability and the third vanilla to make it look shady. Also 2 JOATs but shark mafias day 1 mod kill took away any mystery surrounding that.

As far as the game getting super lurky like it did, I guess that just happens when a game has so many new players, and the player leading the town is a scum, these things happen.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lol

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
this threads more busy today than it has been for the last 2 game days!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Ill presign hiphopfia 2 as long as I get a rapper with a platinum grill

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

SirSamVimes posted:

I would join in a hiphopfia game if I had any lyrical talent whatsoever

just be Iggy Azalea