Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Starting a blind playthrough of In Cold Blood, a seemingly over-looked stealth/adventure game from the people that brought you Broken Sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbRodent
Jan 15, 2013

Heart Thumping Field Trip
BIG PANIC?

I am Let's Playing Drakengard and taking the world down with me

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009

I'm LPing Inganock of the Brightest Flame, a... hmm...
Surreal dystopian fantasy steampunk visual novel starring a math doctor?
Yeah, let's go with that.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Let's play the game where you go around kissing strangers, I'm sure it's not nearly as creepy as it sounds.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

Let's Play "Disney Princess: Enchanted Journey"

This isn't your grandma's Kingdom Hearts

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

A Hat in Time is a 3d platformer kickstarter game. Except it's actually good... and fun.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Let's Play "Globs of Doom"

The final game in the Nicktoons Unite! series. You could say it went out with a bang, or with a fart, and I think either would be applicable.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Let's Play Resident Evil (Sega Saturn)

It's Resident Evil on the Sega Saturn, as you may have noticed by now. How did one of the PlayStation's flagship releases translate to a system whose hardware architecture was in no way suited for PlayStation ports?

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

FF3 is good, but I feel it gets more praise than it deserves. Here's my argument.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Here we go again!

Do you know the one about the Dark Railtracer? Let's Play Metro 2033 Redux

I'm also so loving extra I made a trailer for it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FufkxLOTIYA

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Let's Play Silhouette Mirage
Spanning a twisted universe where all of humanity has mutated into manifestations of two attributes, Silhouette Mirage is a virtual surrealistic wonderland, and played a great role in shaping my taste in bizarre fictional media.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Come fight other goons in the Ardennes 1944/45. Or watch and laugh at their tactical errors!

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Let's Play "Wrestling Revolution 3D"

It feels depressing to have to sit here and justify why this is a good game.

Oublietteer
Jul 30, 2018

Is that you, Edea Lee?

Let's Play Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light!

A fun, retro styled RPG on the NDS, it led into the more popular Bravely Default/Bravely Second, but has some charms (and frustrations) of its own.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

SHENZHEN I/O: The Engineer's Blog

Join a humble Engineer as they read the manual, write programming code, and make stuff, all in the industrial busyscape of 2020s Shenzhen.
Now with 200% added explanations!

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

jazztronauts, a mod for gmod

we're gonna steal stuff from lovely maps, listen to a drugged up cat talk about art history, drink a bunch of stuff we probably shouldn't, then I'm going to write about jazz history, source engine, and cook some stuff

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

What kind of a fool would LP Picross not once, but twice? (It's me, I'm the fool)

MellowMushroom
Jan 5, 2018

Do you like hamsters? Do you like owls? Do you like fish bulbs? Well this is the let's play for you!

Let's play Kirby's Dreamland 2 (VLP).

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Let's Play John Woo Presents Stranglehold

In between Max Payne 2 and 3, Midway tried to make their own mark in the cool-guy-does-cool-stuff shooter genre by hiring the best in the business for cool guys doing cool gun things, John Woo. Stranglehold is a sequel to his popular film Hard Boiled, and also stars Chow Yun-fat as a mixed drink-loving rough-and-tumble cop who's ready to take down as many crime syndicates as he needs to bring peace to Hong Kong!

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

I am playing Vampyr, which is a game about a vampire set loose upon London in 1918. It doesn't seem bad at first glance.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

Ever wonder what would happen if you combined two of the three most important shooters ever?

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Shadowrun SNES (1993) played on original hardware
. It's a unique combination of isometric action RPG and point & click adventure.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Restoring the world tulip by tulip - Let's Play Soul Blazer

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

Friends don't let friends borrow on credit.

Having just knocked out one Dynamix point and click adventure about saving future LA from a deadly dragon drug cult, I decided to move on to another one about getting ninjas onto ARROW-PLANES.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Come join us as we design a nation in decline and bicker over how best to prepare it for inevitable conflict

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

I'm playing these glorious games.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Let's Finish Playing Dragon Wars

This is an old LP, but I let it fall into archives in 2017, so this is the new thread. Dragon Wars is an Interplay RPG from 1989, similar to the old Bard's Tale games and also taking some ideas from Wasteland.

It is now a complete LP, as I did beat the game, and I've posted all of the original run on LPIX so you can read it without archives. However, I will also be posting additional content about the game, which I expect to span several updates, so stay tuned!

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Join me for a blind playthrough of Yakuza's prequel.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.

We've all played just BAD games. What if there was a game where a tremendous amount of work was put in, the (relatively) giant world created, populated with characters. The graphics were crisp, the sound was minimalistic and creepy, the story itself a slow burn of creep.

And then... they... they make some decisions. Decisions about the main character, and about the dialogue. You've got to see this.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

We're playing War of the Chosen with drinking conditions!

-Drink if XCOM misses
-Drink if XCOM panics
-Drink if an XCOM soldier goes into bleedout
-Drink once per rank if an XCOM soldier dies (one for rookie, two for squaddie, etc)
-Drink if a civilian dies

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Going backwards from the Oracle games to Link's Awakening DX, MeccaPrime joins me once again to watch our hero McFly drunkenly wander around a mysterious island he made in his head.
Essentially a completionist LP (caveats in thread). Also the overall thread has been expanded to include more portable Zeldas, which will follow after LADX.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

What happens when you cross Oregon Trail with Final Fantasy Tactics, put it in a Viking fantasy setting, and give it gorgeous hand-drawn artwork and an amazing soundtrack?

You get The Banner Saga trilogy, and I’m playing all three games, importing the endstate file from each game as we go. Skip the flawed combat of the game and let me handle it by clicking here!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3867653

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Are you into wrenches? Like stories with twists and turns and other things wrenches can do? Then Iconoclasts might be for you.

MayOrMayNotBeACat
Jul 22, 2017

Starting an informative, completionist playthrough of Puyo Puyo Tetris.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Let's Play “Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault”

What if a Ratchet and Clank game took place in open environments with more exploring, optional pathways, and full 2-player co-op support? Sounds pretty good right? Add in the traditional fun variety of R&C weaponry, satisfying third-person shooting and platforming, and you have a pretty banging game well-deserving of its title. Oh, but god-forbid you add some tower defense mechanics that add more meaning to the exploration and platforming. That's just going too far.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

The Elder Scrolls Arena

It's the DOS game from 1994 that started the franchise. Still an open world RPG, but more hack and slash than in-depth storytelling and questing.

Espresso Steampunk
Sep 27, 2008
Just started a Let's Play of Mass Effect: Andromeda-- but don't run away! It's got the full patch and we've been having lots of fun with it so far.

You don't need to see the logo... instead I will attempt to tempt you by teasing that our main character is a half-asari in my headcanon. And her name is E. Z. Ryder !

Hedonistic Half-Asari Hunts For A Homeworld (Mass Effect: Andromeda)

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

A very chill, relaxed, low-effort blind LP of Kirby: Star Allies. An LP designed for you to just turn on and leave running in the background while you do other stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Welcome to the Town of Etria

If you've been missing some difficult 90s RPG dungeon crawling where you can DRAW YOUR OWN MAP, then Etrian Odyssey is definitely the series for you. Here's the first game to go over in extensive detail as we follow 9 poster submitted characters going through hell for gold and glory. If you're liking the look of the game, but not to really play it, then there's some sequels you should definitely look into... I just want more people to play the EO series!