Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
A series in which heroism is powered by song, the world knows that they are being saved by magical girls on a regular basis, the Moon gets shot up a little more each season and the commanding officer is basically Taiga from GaoGaiGar crossed with a Street Fighter character.

Welcome BACK you glorious maniacs. :kamina:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

arisu posted:

Wait this show is actually good enough to get a third season? I never watched it but it looked like more magical girl anime hypetrain when it first aired.

You would think that. And then their commanding officer's presence makes you realize the standard this show has set for itself:

:kamina: :kamina:

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Let's be honest.

If Genjuro could use a relic he would probably shatter continents. Instead, let us remember that he is training Hibiki in the ways of being a complete badass and she is still learning.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
On the subject of compatibility with relics... I'm starting to wonder if the use of Linker to boost affinity to a relic may be more of a crutch than an actual necessity (perhaps because they are in the wrong head space for using the relic). Or, in some cases, that they may be trying to force connection between a Scorer and a relic they aren't really aligned with.

I'm gonna be very interested to see where they go with the new girls (and Miku) in the new season, especially with Maria now using Argetlam.

There is a very silly part of me of that wants to see Miku back in action again.

Gearhead fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 9, 2015

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Honestly, I'm just waiting to hear what sort of outlandish thing they unleash next, I guess.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Ytlaya posted:

Hey is this show like Valvrave? The whole "dramatic yet dumb with a lot of techno jpop" sounds similar.

Valvrave tried to be Code Geass with vampires in space.

Symphogear essentially IS GaoGaiGar with magical girls.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
I'm kinda curious how Maria is going to work, being the person with a Symphogear based off of a mystic, prosthetic arm.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

LORD OF BUTT posted:

So is this poo poo rad? I kinda want something to tide me over in the gap between JoJo ending and its next season starting.

There are very few magical girl series I can say are hard core.

Symphogear is one of them.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

chumbler posted:

I have decided that the most accurate way to describe this show is that it is enthusiastically bad.

Kylra posted:

It's not bad. It's just like a cheesy action movie. With magical girls. That are actually wearing power armor instead of seifukus.

Can a show where everyone involved is completely aware they are making something horribly silly but generally fun to watch be classified as truly bad? So much EFFORT is being put into producing a product which is pretty Out There in terms of story telling, production, etc. It's not like some other shows where the animators forget to draw someone's pants for a shot.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
My hope for episode 7 is: That in the midst of whatever horrible thing is rumored, Maria finally finds her happy place and Argetlam responds. Since Igalima and Shul Shagana weren't broken yet, perhaps there was a chance that the resoration of the Silver Arm has also been completed...

Observation: Perhaps this is why Argetlam has been so hard to find a user for. It's the only Symphogear that obviously, in full form, has two conflicting weapons, a 'vine sword' or 'whip blade' a'la Ivy and a shield permanently moored to the other arm. You need to find someone who can handle the.. contradiction.. for lack of a better word. It seems like Maria's long, long period of soul searching may be preparing her for that.

Gearhead fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Aug 8, 2015

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

graybook posted:

Edit: Also, I believe I've heard that there will be a slight delay to this week's episode. It's apparently also got (spoilered just in case) a LOT of recorded screaming from Nana. Prepare for possible despair.

I'm having trouble imagining what could make everyone go 'You have gone TOO FAR!' considering the crazy poo poo that has happened in this franchise BEFORE.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

graybook posted:

If I could make one nightmare come true it would be one of the Autoscorers sucking all memories of Kanade out of Tsubasa and burning them away forever to fuel an attack on her.

Jesus Christ please let me be wrong. I probably will be but I will just be floored if that happens.

The thing I'm worried about is: The Autoscorers would need upgrades at this point, because we've seen that the upgraded Gears are now able to actually overcome their bullshit.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Gyra_Solune posted:

or you know, one of them could kick the bucket or something

for some reason I was legit like, oh poo poo Miku's dying this episode, despair, in that one a bit ago but

If Miku died I fear that Hibiki would flip all her shits.

I wonder if Elfnein might wind up turning into Carol and being BETTER at ruining everything than Fine was when she revealed her own hand. Unlike Fine, Carol has her OWN mad science lab of some sort out there and doesn't need to exploit our heroes for a local base of operations.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
This makes me think of a single shot blink and you'll miss it moment in the most recent episode.

The 999.99 second countdown in HQ when they activated Ignite has the word 'Nigredo' on it. Nigredo is the first step of an alchemical process representing putrefaction or decomposition. Albedo, Citrinitas and Rubedo would, logically, follow.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
On the upside, I think it's safe to say that Maria is no longer useless.

Praise be to the Silver Arm...

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Kanos posted:

Are you kidding? Maria has been the most useful character this season since pretty much the word go. It's really funny because it's like they've been working overtime to try to have her make up for last season.

Actually, yes, I was kidding.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
The interesting thing about Dainsleif is that it's a sword associated with death. In a deep sense. In legend, Dainsleif must kill something whenever it is drawn. Injuries caused by it will never heal. Expect someone to die whenever Ignite Mode is successfully deployed.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Nigredo is the process of breaking down base components. It is followed by Albedo, cleaning impurities away.

Citronitas is the beginning of the conversion into a precious substance and Rubedo is the final product.

There is likely a 'more real' Carol or simular puppet master waiting to literally pick up the pieces.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
At this rate I'm waiting for Genjuro to reveal he is actually Knight Blazer.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

lets hang out posted:

The show is saved

Agreed.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
The reason I rather like Maria is that among all of the other users, she's the one who actually sits down, analyzes her problems.. and then makes a concentrated effort to be a better person on her own terms.

Even The Best Girl needs to be drug, kicking and screaming, through character development. Most others are actually .. kinda static. They're still FUN, don't get me wrong. But Maria is probably one of the most dynamic of the bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Kylra posted:

This is simple. Ver is attached to an extremely powerful relic. And he's in a storehouse for extremely powerful relics, which is why he was put there. That just had a bunch of explosions shaking everything loose, which is why he is now free.

And now I have this mental image of Ver popping out of a trash can and putting on a silly hat with a cackle, 'After six months I am FREE! It's time to conquer EARTH!'

• Locked thread