Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
I basically randomly decided to watch the first episode of Symphogear a litle after G finished airing.

In a few days I was totally finished because :allears:

probably the show I'm most hype for this season, let's hope Miku still gets to use crazy laser powers and Genjurou gets the screentime he deserves, goddamn I love genjurou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
yeah what's the deal with so many animes where the moon just gets punched or blown up or are places of evil horribleness

like what the hell did the moon do to japan, all it does is sit there and chill

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

UP AND ADAM posted:

This anime has some great scenes: http://a.pomf.se/zuflag.webm

Platinum needs to make a Symphogear game where you're Tsubasa

Tsubasa is best

Giant Footsword is my favorite thing

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
I can't believe I'd forgotten, it's actually Genjurou who's the best

God how I wish he could be a Symphogearer or whatever too but iirc he actually already tried and it didn't work with him :sadfan: :sadfan:

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Super Dimension Magi Madoka 7

well for like the first few episodes when it was a bit on the grim side what with 'hey look at this sweet flashforward to the main character's gravestone' and redhaired girl blowing herself up with music

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
And Chris's are all named after heavy metal bands and it's the best.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Really hope they brought back a little more of the touches of style the first season had over G. Like the transformation sequences, like yeah it was clearly sort of low-budget in the first season but it stuck out to me as being kind of cool and no bullshit, just, sing stuff, kind of cool equalizer armor equip, bang, we've got a Symphogear in about two seconds. As opposed to G where it's all, yup that sure is a magical girl sequence, sure it was obviously higher fidelity but...eh?

If they've got the somewhat more budget of G but with the clearly more solid production process and overall plan for the series of the first then we've got ourselves a winner, but hmm.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
at no point did genjurou throw a car, worst show of the season 0/100

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

lets hang out posted:

I'm glad they're still doing the shaky pictures thing in the preview for the next episode on the website

Hm?

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
It is just the one with Tsubasa in it for me. Odd.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Hmm, I still think I like Synchrogazer more, but Exterminate is pretty good still.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
that ending theme though

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Autoscorer people are very obviously minor Arcana themed. Green one has a sword, yellow one throws coins, allegedly red uses a rod (wand as you could call it), blue...uh, isn't directly using anything but it seems she does stuff by being all kissy and seductive and I guess cup fits that theme for one interpretation of it

also we have our explanation for why genjurou does not in fact punch the world to save the day: 'but the command central would be clueless without you!!!' also i guess they're bringing the noise back somehow

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

graybook posted:

Friendly reminder.

http://i.imgur.com/ebCP21X.png

Also the Beef Stroganoff song was incredible. If you're gonna mood whiplash, you go all the way and snap the neck.

Whatever is the significance of that link?

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
or you know, one of them could kick the bucket or something

for some reason I was legit like, oh poo poo Miku's dying this episode, despair, in that one a bit ago but

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

ConanThe3rd posted:

Onto Ep 2 of G, not quite sure how I feel about S2CA Tri Burst mostly because it doesn't require singing in it's actual attack.

Also, where's the attack postcards for Hibiki? This has bothered me throughout all of S1.

she doesn't get them because technically her Armed Gear isn't an actual weapon, its her power to connect people

so basically imagine if Sailor Moon's magic didn't work and she instead did everything by literally whacking everyone with the pink moon stick as hard as she could

this is why Hibiki is the best

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Sakurazuka posted:

That was the second most ridiculous rocket punch I've ever seen.

Stupid show finds time for Carol and Elfnein to kiss but not Hibiki and Miku? :argh:

I wonder what that sequel hook(?) was about.

clearly it's for the next season, when hibiki and miku will finally almost kiss before being interrupted by an explosion and they never get around to it again

you'll have to watch the season after that to know for sure!

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
i struggle to think of worse anime dads

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

vibratingsheep posted:

He still falls short of the gold standard, Gendou.

gendou could at least run a paramilitary organization well enough to where it almost might have saved the world probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

deadly_pudding posted:

I hope he comes back as just a Nephilim arm with no body, scuttling around like Thing from the Addams Family. They have to invent a special armband to put on him to let him talk. He still insists on dressing himself in just a sleeve from a labcoat.

even better he attaches said arm to Hibiki's dad and becomes a nigh unstoppable villain

literally anime liquid snake

• Locked thread