Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

s3 designs http://imgur.com/a/6Zhyw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Sylphid posted:

This show is so delightfully over the top and absurd, it's impossible to hate it. I'll be along for the entire GX ride, no matter what insane plot it decides to go with.

Though, I'm surprised they stuck with keeping Tsubasa's friend dead from the first episode on. Both seasons were bad about characters seemingly being killed, but come back moments later, but they've actually stuck to her being dead.

This season, I know it

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jun 10, 2015

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

tsob posted:

Oh please, they should obviously make one with all 3 main girls, since they already have gun, punch and slice games in their backlog and even games like Devil May Cry that allow you to mix it up, albeit with one character. Having a game where you could swap them out on the fly would be fantastic. I also cannot wait for the new seasons of this, and hope they can manage to make Shirabe, Kirika and Maria even half as fun as the main trio this season, since they fell kind of flat last season for the most part. Shirabe has a great gear though, between the buzzsaw rollerskates, buzzsaw helicopter and buzzsaw mech so I really want to see her get a bit more shine.

apparently they realized that there was no way to make buzzsaws on sticks not look dumb so she's using yo-yos in GX. Look forward to sweet yo-yo tricks as attacks.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Make sure you don't skip ep 4's credits

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Speaking of the staff, if you've finished s2 you might check this out.

graybook posted:

http://symphogear.blogspot.jp/2015/05/a-look-into-development-of-symphogear.html

A translated 4-page-manga giving a behind-the-scenes look at Satelight, in anticipation of S3!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Really like the cd art style this time

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I'm glad they're still doing the shaky pictures thing in the preview for the next episode on the website

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

http://symphogear-gx.com/next/

Some of the thumbnails shake when you mouse over them. They did it last season too. It's important to me

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

CR picked up GX but the way they phrased it makes it sound like they won't be simulcasting so you'll be waiting a few months

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Kanos posted:

I'm glad that everyone is fine with members of a terrorist organization that held a stadium full of people hostage and openly threatened every government in the world just kind of wandering around and giving concerts. I'd definitely be first in line to buy tickets to the revival concert of "Crazy Terrorist Lady Whose Last Concert Ended With The Entire Audience Being Held Hostage By Noise". :v:

Episode was definitely Symphogear.

Sweet publicity stunt

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

:siren: banana noise :siren:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Kanos posted:

They specifically do not have any full relics to make more symphogears from because intact relics are vanishingly rare. The only two full relics they ever had were Nehushtan and Durandal, which they really only even had due to direct manipulation from Fine. There's a reason why Hibiki was left transforming using little fragments of Gungnir buried in her torso that were killing her instead of being given a real relic for two seasons and why they were poo poo-their-pants shocked that Maria had a Gungnir because they legit believed that there was only enough left of Gungnir for one pendant which was lost when Kanade croaked.

Hibiki does not ever like to fight human opponents and she's been very consistent about this, so it's not surprising that she doesn't want to punch a little girl in the face. What's actually eyeroll inducing is Hibiki randomly throwing a shitfit about her father despite apparently being cool with her dad being gone for two seasons to the point of casually saying "Oh, my dad's gone" multiple times before. It's never been a sore spot before but now it is.

I do appreciate them giving an excuse for Genjurou not winning the fight singlehandedly, even if it was a hilariously silly one. Maybe Genjurou needs to look into hiring a second in command.

I don't think she ever mentioned her dad before, the whole story with him was always relegated to the keywords on the website. That's why people took notice when he was brought up in the first episode this season.

e: not to say that they didn't kind of retcon in her tragic backstory last season, just that it's been around since then.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jul 12, 2015

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/07/17/crunchyroll-starts-streaming-symphogear-gx-today

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

tsob posted:

What about the big huge one who dropped some boats on...was it Chris, in episode 2 and was mentioned in passing this last episode? I'm pretty sure there's even 5 elemental symbols in the first segment of the opening too, with one presumably being wood or steel from the Asian set of original elements.

That's the "younger sister with a well-endowed body" mentioned in Leiur's profile on the website. One of the new keywords says that she lacks the special characteristics that the other autoscorers possess and that she hadn't even been given a name.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

They asked the VAs to make up new Noise. The third is Iguchi's idea of roach noise.

e:

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jul 23, 2015

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Little bit after the credits in ep 4

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Since there's a delay

Stay safe Miku

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Kylra posted:

I am watching Nanoha right now and the magic devices basically do that for all the attacks. Maybe that's it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eaatgUxsNs

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Each of the dolls represents one of the four classical elements. I think Carol is recording the songs ignite gears use to destroy them onto the banners in her base as alchemic formulas that she will eventually feed into her big pipe organ to play the world-ending song mentioned in trailers and stuff. Also Carol herself might represent aether, the fifth element which is kind of like the glue that holds the rest together, and that was why she let herself get blown up first to kick everything off.

Elf9 compared Carol's super weapon to the alca-noise but on a global scale. She wants to use her organ to break the world down into its component materials for study so that she can fully understand it the way her dad wanted her to. She may have lost the plot at some point.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The show is saved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

• Locked thread