Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
It's a shame it doesn't seem to be getting much traction because it's good so far. I think the first episode is trying way too hard though and I feel almost like they're trying to do something like 'Zodiac' with the sheen of 'CSI'. It doesn't quite come together

Duchovny is good though, as are the rest of the cast. It seems an odd thing to say but Manson is so clearly portrayed as evil from the off that you wonder why anyone would follow him, despite how charismatic he is. From what I understand of real life he didn't quite get bitter and paranoid until just before the Tate/Labianca murders, but really that's just a minor criticism. I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of it shapes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Manson is fascinating because he becomes this dark embodiment of the failed American dream, more so because he came at a time when the US was going through social upheavel. He seems intrinsinctly linked to that.

Plus on a surface level, his story seemed one of someone who was soundly rejected by Hollywood and so decided on their own way if becoming famous.

• Locked thread