Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Internet went out, did anything happen after this, guys?

First ref called it a dq win for dean, dean ran away with the belt anyway. Roman reigns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I think I'm less pissed because for some reason I had lower hopes in terms of this being a hugely meaningful show since it's Network only and kind of a weird last minute thing. I went in with a WWE-Uk only PPV mindset.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

SamuraiFoochs posted:

pee pee doo doo faaaaarrrtt

this is all that ever comes across in your posts

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

illcendiary posted:

Man that owned live

How pissed was the crowd at the reversal? It sounded like the most heel heat all night.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MotU posted:

paige died naomi tried

no but guys naomi is a really good wrestler and she should totally be divas champion

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Now in two weeks if he stays with his buddy Dean instead of having some dramatic heel turn or whatever we're good.

He's winning the MitB match because it is just him and five R-Truths in it.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Mayor McCheese posted:

See you folks in two weeks.

:suicide:

These 2 week PPVs are draining me. I'm already a glutton for punishment, watching every raw and smack down, and this is just too much.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MotU posted:

this is all that ever comes across in your posts

Sorry I don't call everything poo poo bro

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I don't care if Dean did get it reversed that was a surprisingly good ppv.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

Authorman posted:

He's winning the MitB match because it is just him and five R-Truths in it.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.

IcePhoenix posted:

no but guys naomi is a really good wrestler and she should totally be divas champion

At one time she really WAS one of the best workers they had in developmental.

Take that however you'd like.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Sorry I don't call everything poo poo bro

you just seem to care way more about other people's reactions than the wrestlemans themselves. 2 matches were good + super fun, focus on that. who cares if people say ambrose jobs or something. it isnt like he is stuck in a poo poo wyatt feud anymore or something.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

How pissed was the crowd at the reversal? It sounded like the most heel heat all night.

It got some heat, they seemed a little mad and I feel like a massive idiot but it fooled me for a minute too. The ensuing scrum and escape with the belt it a huge pop though and was a lot of fun to be a part of.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MotU posted:

you just seem to care way more about other people's reactions than the wrestlemans themselves. 2 matches were good + super fun, focus on that. who cares if people say ambrose jobs or something. it isnt like he is stuck in a poo poo wyatt feud anymore or something.

I just don't get how anyone could watch that PPV and think that Dean will never be champ

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

IcePhoenix posted:

i think people just confused 'divas that is actually athletic' with 'diva that is a good wrestler'

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

jfc

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
So what do they do with Kevin Owens now, I wonder? Dude looked like Lesnar Jr. tonight, does he just go back to clowning NXT guys until he gets bored with that? I'd say call him up and have him vacate the title, but part of the build was "I'd rather have the NXT title than your bullshit", so you can't do that.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I just don't get how anyone could watch that PPV and think that Dean will never be champ

I have absolutely no faith in the company and think they will destroy everything Dean and fun the next time Vince gets .1 oz less whipped cream than he likes in his mocha frappelatte whatever the hell coffee he sucks down to stay awake/alive 98 hours a day. But I'm enjoying it for the 10 seconds it lasts.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

MotU posted:

i think people just confused 'divas that is actually athletic' with 'diva that is a good wrestler'

I'm sure Naomi actually was really good at one point, especially when she was one of the Funkadactyls. But the stuff WWE has her do just does not fit her at all, and it's making her matches way worse as a result of it.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

CapnAndy posted:

So what do they do with Kevin Owens now, I wonder? Dude looked like Lesnar Jr. tonight, does he just go back to clowning NXT guys until he gets bored with that? I'd say call him up and have him vacate the title, but part of the build was "I'd rather have the NXT title than your bullshit", so you can't do that.

I think it was already said he's been signed to Raw going forward

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Well, either that or compared "Diva who appears to superficially be okay" to "A roster in which Nikki Bella is the champ."

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dean Ambrose got way more than a visual pin through massive odds and escaped through the crowd with the title to massive cheers while his awesome BFF Roman Reigns grinned like an idiot behind him.

A Good Night. Shame about everything other than that and Cena/Owens though, which was shiiiiiiiiiit

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I have absolutely no faith in the company and think they will destroy everything Dean and fun the next time Vince gets .1 oz less whipped cream than he likes in his mocha frappelatte whatever the hell coffee he sucks down to stay awake/alive 98 hours a day. But I'm enjoying it for the 10 seconds it lasts.

They LITERALLY just had him pin Seth 1, 2, 3 clean in the middle of the ring despite overwhelming odds after a single finisher AND a delayed count. Vince Likes Dean Ambrose. I know that ruins the narrative but it's actually true.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jun 1, 2015

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

SamuraiFoochs posted:

even if he dont, yeah it sucks, but if the matches + angles are good you can enjoy them and get enjoyment out of them. kevin owens will get poo poo on by cena in 2 weeks but ~*~i'll always have tonight~*~

dont worry too much about what other people say, and if it works you up that much take a break from gdt for a week or two. i know it adds some of the enjoyment but recently you've been less positive and more just like anti-negative poster which is way less fun that you used to be. bring back endless optimism foochs. it was a 1 note gimmick but a good note :v:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I think he should be and could be, but the company's size fetish has screwed worthy contenders before.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
I thought the show was legit decent. Tag Title match was a fun clusterfuck to watch, Owens/Cena loving owned, I even enjoyed the IC Title match, even if it wasn't the best match of the night, and Ambrose/Rollins was pretty great, even with the ending. It sets up some good story angles.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

MotU posted:

kevin owens will get poo poo on by cena in 2 weeks but ~*~i'll always have tonight~*~

Cinderella Foochs.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

CapnAndy posted:

Aren't Cena's record-tying and record-breaking championship runs coming up? Owens being the champion for one of those and being the "the guy Cena can't seem to beat" would actually make a fantastic long term booking story.

Of course Cena could just as easily get his win back in two weeks because :vince: so who knows.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Dean Ambrose got way more than a visual pin through massive odds and escaped through the crowd with the title to massive cheers while his awesome BFF Roman Reigns grinned like an idiot behind him.

A Good Night. Shame about everything other than that and Cena/Owens though, which was shiiiiiiiiiit

They LITERALLY just had him pin Seth 1, 2, 3 clean in the middle of the ring despite overwhelming odds after a single finisher AND a delayed count. Vince Likes Dean Ambrose. I know that ruins the narrative but it's actually true.

they Dusty finished it off him rather than let him hold it for two weeks

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

So watch NXT and LU. Figure out how to get Destination America, they have ROH now. If you don't watch the product you can't get sad about them loving up guys you like.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Foochs, what happens when you have no faith is that you have no faith. Vince has liked lots of people one minute then turned on them faster than a chris jericho segment goes stale.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MotU posted:

even if he dont, yeah it sucks, but if the matches + angles are good you can enjoy them and get enjoyment out of them. kevin owens will get poo poo on by cena in 2 weeks but ~*~i'll always have tonight~*~

dont worry too much about what other people say, and if it works you up that much take a break from gdt for a week or two. i know it adds some of the enjoyment but recently you've been less positive and more just like anti-negative poster which is way less fun that you used to be. bring back endless optimism foochs. it was a 1 note gimmick but a good note :v:

I actually did take a hiatus from the Rumble to Mania or so and no one noticed :v: Your point is taken though. You're a buddy, MotU. See you guys maybe tomorrow, maybe in a week or two, we'll see.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

CapnAndy posted:

Just have him go back and forth between them and keep referencing NXT on Raw so they can get more network buys. Set him up as a part time Authority goon and have him feud against Roman Reigns once Reigns gets the mitb and never needs a win again.

Keep the NXT strap on him until Sami Zayn comes back from injury, there really isn't anyone else who's ready/healthy other than Finn and he can't feud with himself. Unless you want to see endless Tyler Breeze matches or god forbid Baron Corbin in the title picture.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Maxwell Lord posted:

I think he should be and could be, but the company's size fetish has screwed worthy contenders before.
He's taller than Roman, a guy they really wanted to push as the next Cena

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This is the part that bugged me about the ending. If you want another belt chase storyline, cool. But that doesn't work at all if you have the guy who's chasing the title not only take the belt anyway after being screwed, but escape with it and leave as the de facto "champion". It's going to make his eventual title run (and yeah he's definitely going to have one at some point) less important since he's basically won already, or at least got the prize and kept it.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I just had to die laughing when they announced the Cena/Owens rematch *in two weeks*. They're really wasting no time with the good old "Cena loses one match, makes dude look good, squashes dude for the next three" thing.

Though it's Owens, so maybe he'll be the only smart one and tell Cena to gently caress off, no rematch, go away.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

StarkRavingMad posted:

they Dusty finished it off him rather than let him hold it for two weeks

I actually literally think that's better. IDK if you were agreeing or not though.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Jonny Nox posted:

So watch NXT and LU. Figure out how to get Destination America, they have ROH now. If you don't watch the product you can't get sad about them loving up guys you like.

I do watch LU now and again and I catch ROH when I can too. I watch a little new japan and I watch a little AAA. I'm not super interested in NXT though. And I don't really get sad. It's more like a dog that's been beat at this point: I just kinda lay back and accept it because yeah here we go again.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I was kind of meh on the Cena/Owens match at the beginning, but around the quarter point of it I felt like it really found it's stride. Pretty good match with a great finish. And I'm totally cool with a dusty finish when the face says gently caress that and just does what he wants anyway. It's one of the ways you can kind of make the authority seem like they got their comeuppance. When no one respects their decisions.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I think they make Dean champion at some point because eventually Reigns is gonna be champion and eventually they'll do a Shield reunion, and "ALL THREE MEN WERE WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION" sounds way better than "Seth and Reigns were champion"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

achillesforever6 posted:

He's taller than Roman, a guy they really wanted to push as the next Cena

Is he? I always saw him as smaller but that may be because he's hunched over all the time.

• Locked thread