Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Finally we can have PSP book club. I hope that they sat Mark down to tell his life story in one sitting and just transcribed the audio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Grifter posted:

I finished the book and I don't think she ever legit admits to a loss. It's always a bullshit penalty, or her opponent running away, or she actually hit the throw and the judge didn't admit it. Ronda's such a fierce competitor that she can't imagine a world in which she loses. This leads to cool stuff too though, like how she says she has never tapped to an armbar in competition and instead has had her elbow dislocated multiple times, sometimes going on to win afterwards.

oh really? Interesting. I love her but kinda anticipate seeing how she'll take a loss in MMA. Of course the chances of that, at the moment, are very loving low

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

*opens book to first and only page*

"yeah"

eshock
Sep 2, 2004

Did anyone ever send in the application to knight Mark Hunt in New Zealand?

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
imma read that book

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools

ICHIBAHN posted:

looking forward to reading what happened in that bizarre fight she had where the ref just gave her the sub out of nowhere.

If this was in Strikeforce it was an audible tapout. The other girl looked confused as poo poo at first but Ronda looked over at the ref basically asking whether he heard it and would step in and stop it. The other fighter then proceeded to act as if nothing happened and it was a bullshit early stoppage, though I believe she came clean later. Still a weird fight, though.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
It wasn't weird at all. Ronda got her in an armbar and was cranking it when the other lady screamed and the ref stopped the fight as he should have. It was pretty cut and dry.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

"Welp, he's hosed."

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools

Tezcatlipoca posted:

It wasn't weird at all. Ronda got her in an armbar and was cranking it when the other lady screamed and the ref stopped the fight as he should have. It was pretty cut and dry.

I just mean weird in the sense that there was a mild uproar. You couldn't hear it, the announcers didn't seem to have any idea what was going on and the audience was a chorus of boos. Just confusion there for a bit.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Mean Bean Machine posted:

imma read that book

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

theradiostillsucks posted:

You couldn't hear it, the announcers didn't seem to have any idea what was going on and the audience was a chorus of boos. Just confusion there for a bit.

Ronda invented WSOF?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Bubba Smith posted:

it's not the size of the condom it's how many you have. you want the first impression to be a "shitload"

Jon Jones was in the middle of driving from one girl's house to another when he hit the pregnant lady at 4 am. He was in a pussy craze and didn't see the red light. I don't know if the judge will have sympathy or not but it's what his legal team should build his defense around.

Driving while pussy drunk is still DUI I think.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

theradiostillsucks posted:

I just mean weird in the sense that there was a mild uproar. You couldn't hear it, the announcers didn't seem to have any idea what was going on and the audience was a chorus of boos. Just confusion there for a bit.

exactly. there was no explanation on the broadcast. I never knew she'd verbally tapped until reading these posts.

corillon
Jun 18, 2004

When you giggle you leak piss.
Grimey Drawer
Anyone else get the feeling Bethe really has no clue what is about to happen to her? I feel bad for her because she seems to be believing her own press. I guess you have to do what you have to do to get in there with Ronda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1puRsO-YHJk

I hope Jon Jones lawyer reads the forums and uses this as a defense

Bubba Smith posted:

He was in a pussy craze and didn't see the red light.

"Your honor my client was in danger of a fatal case of blue balls, he is the real victim here!"

corillon fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 2, 2015

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
An undefeated mma fighter about to challenge for the belt thinking they might win?

What a dumbass

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

acai moonsault posted:

fightpass is listing a special announcement press conference stream for about 39 hours from now. I do not know what it is

I got a press release that was hyping something about a

Las Vegas – UFC® executives will hold a media event on Wed., June 3 at 11 a.m. PT/2 p.m. ET to unveil the newly designed Athlete Health and Performance Program

corillon
Jun 18, 2004

When you giggle you leak piss.
Grimey Drawer

Intel&Sebastian posted:

An undefeated mma fighter about to challenge for the belt thinking they might win?

What a dumbass

Well that is one way to interpret what she is saying. The other is that she is not just saying she will win, but that she is going to dominate and that Ronda does not belong in the ring with her. But drat you just lit up the snark meter there, good job!

There is a huge difference in confidence and stupidity and to me Bethe seems unrealistic about what she is facing. You have a different opinion enjoy it. Listen to Daniel Cormier discuss Jon Jones even before the fight. He knew what he was facing and what he was getting into.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

DC was scared. Bethe isn't. I still think Ronda will win, but she ain't scared homie.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
bethe might be

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Floyd Mayweather, a 1-act play

quote:

Clerk: Paper or plastic?
Floyd: I got all that paper baby. I got a plane.
Clerk: OK, but what kind of bag do you want?
Floyd: Yeah, that money’s in the bag baby.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
A professional athlete really confident? Well I never.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

TheCool69 posted:

I got a press release that was hyping something about a

Las Vegas – UFC® executives will hold a media event on Wed., June 3 at 11 a.m. PT/2 p.m. ET to unveil the newly designed Athlete Health and Performance Program

oh is this about their rehab facility thing

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Triticum Guzzler posted:

oh is this about their rehab facility thing

will Ian McCall be present for the unveiling

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Gregor Samsa posted:

will Ian McCall be present for the unveiling

it's the other kind of rehab where you sit in a drum circle with dave terrell and kick a japanese guy's rear end once every 6 years

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

it's the other kind of rehab where you go home from training and Rob Emerson is loving your wife

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

corillon posted:

Well that is one way to interpret what she is saying. The other is that she is not just saying she will win, but that she is going to dominate and that Ronda does not belong in the ring with her. But drat you just lit up the snark meter there, good job!

There is a huge difference in confidence and stupidity and to me Bethe seems unrealistic about what she is facing. You have a different opinion enjoy it. Listen to Daniel Cormier discuss Jon Jones even before the fight. He knew what he was facing and what he was getting into.

DC and Bethe arent in remotely similiar circumstances, especially in terms of what kind of promotion they need and I think its absurd to think just because some Brazilian lady is smartly deploying Conor/Chael schtick through a translator that she has some brain problem.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

Tezcatlipoca posted:

It really wasn't cut and dry because Ronda told Mazagatti the other girl had a broken arm and so he stopped it. Except her arm was fine

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
TJ Grant got a job at a Saskatchewan mine and he's never coming back

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

corillon posted:

Anyone else get the feeling Bethe really has no clue what is about to happen to her? I feel bad for her because she seems to be believing her own press. I guess you have to do what you have to do to get in there with Ronda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1puRsO-YHJk

I hope Jon Jones lawyer reads the forums and uses this as a defense

"Your honor my client was in danger of a fatal case of blue balls, he is the real victim here!"

I don't think she is clueless. No one in the MMA community is going to short sell Rousey. I think Bethe is just trying to Conor it up and make for a big payday in her home country. And even if the odds aren't good she's still got to be confident about herself. You can't do what she does for a living and doubt yourself. It's a one way ticket to getting your rear end kicked. Still from an experience stand point she is probably the second least seasoned fighter Rousey has defended the belt against after Carmouche. And even then what Carmouche lacked in experience she made up a bit for in being strong as hell and having a lot of heart.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Honestly I don't even think Bethe is the best Brazilian woman at 135, Amanda Nunes is probably better.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Watching some Tim Boetsch matches for the first time and he's like pretty bad huh? Can't believe he's main eventing a Fight Night card. Fight Nights are kind of dire lately.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Le Saboteur posted:

Watching some Tim Boetsch matches for the first time and he's like pretty bad huh? Can't believe he's main eventing a Fight Night card. Fight Nights are kind of dire lately.

He looked awesome against bad fighters, then bad against Yushin Okami before he destroyed him in the 3rd, then steadily went on to look bad. He beat Hector Lombard in Lombard's debut though so that was cool.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Le Saboteur posted:

He is super flawed but when he (deservedly) wins it is almost always cool as hell. Watch the Yushin Okami fight. Even the Leites fight in which he was finished, it was fun and competitive.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
We're like a month removed from a cool Rockhold/Machida Fight Night and Faber/Edgar Fight Night Morning, the cards are fine. It just happens that Jon Jones ruined this event and took away DC/Bader

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
i think boestch is pretty good. hes a bona fide brute and has shown some clever wrinkles at times in the forms of slams, a really cool uppercut technique, and a gameplan that went against his strengths to beat Lombar

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

Le Saboteur posted:

Boetsh has knockout power and the ability to do cool throws and poo poo but hasn't really been able to break through. Still a consistently fun guy to watch though.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

He is super flawed but when he (deservedly) wins it is almost always cool as hell. Watch the Yushin Okami fight. Even the Leites fight in which he was finished, it was fun and competitive.

Its funny I'm watching the Okami fight and he just gets lit up in the first round and I figured he just wins by some fluke in round 3. Will keep watching.

Edit: OK, that was a cool fuckin' comeback.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 2, 2015

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Le Saboteur posted:

Its funny I'm watching the Okami fight and he just gets lit up in the first round and I figured he just wins by some fluke in round 3. Will keep watching.

Edit: OK, that was a cool fuckin' comeback.

Those are called Dad Uppercuts

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Ah drat theres some good rear end knockouts in the Henderson/Boetsch Faceoff they've got on Fight Pass. Never get tired of seeing Bisping being the most unconscious I've ever seen a person in MMA.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jun 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Le Saboteur posted:

Ah drat theres some good asa knockouts in the Henderson/Boetsch Faceoff they've got on Fight Pass. Never get tired of seeing Bisping being the most unconscious I've ever seen a person in MMA.

Go watch Boestch vs Heath and try not to get hyped for that man when he is about to do violence at someone.

• Locked thread