Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Captain Log posted:

Go watch Boestch vs Heath and try not to get hyped for that man when he is about to do violence at someone.

Oh man that throw to the ground at the end is gnarly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Jon jones beat up a staggering array of middle aged men, then progressed onto beating up youthful men, finally brutally beating up a woman and infant. He's the undeniable complete package.

the curious career of benjamin "bones" button

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I've never seen any of Conor's pre-UFC fights, but here's a stupid cool .gif of him knocking someone out in one of them.

http://gfycat.com/AdeptMassiveBongo

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

attackmole posted:

I've never seen any of Conor's pre-UFC fights, but here's a stupid cool .gif of him knocking someone out in one of them.

such a pretty sequence

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

attackmole posted:

that torque on that swing is fearsome.

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

just tried (unsuccessfully) to suck my own dick.

I think I need a break from the internet.
that's really cool. I sincerely hope he styles on Aldo for the same reason I like Anthony Pettis. I really don't care what he says if he keeps doing cool poo poo.

man I just remembered Pettis got steamrolled and now I'm sad.

POTATO IN MY ANUS fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jun 2, 2015

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I cant remember a single thing pettis has said other than when he threw dagestanley's injury joke back at him. Which was cool.

I do remember when he stuffed his yoga pants and pranced around for the tuf ladies though.

Also cool.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

vainman posted:

TJ Grant got a job at a Saskatchewan mine and he's never coming back

Wow, I had to look that up and it's true

http://thechronicleherald.ca/sports/1290410-ex-ufc-title-contender-grant-takes-job-in-saskatchewan

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I cant remember a single thing pettis has said other than when he threw dagestanley's injury joke back at him. Which was cool.

I do remember when he stuffed his yoga pants and pranced around for the tuf ladies though.

Also cool.

only thing I said was that Pettis does cool poo poo in fights.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Such a :canada: job.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Yah

Not trying to be combative, just made me try to think of any actual spoken statement pettis has made that registered at all.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Not as pretty but much more violent

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I just had a sweet training session with a top-level amateur boxing coach who has trained MMA fighters in Nova Scotia and Montreal. I asked him if he had worked with TJ and he said yes, and then kinda got sad.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
wasn't it from grappling too? I never read what exactly happened

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I know fighting isnt a real reliable source of income but attempting to steal Barao's enchanted chest of loot has to be fraught with danger too.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

origami posted:

wasn't it from grappling too? I never read what exactly happened

looked it up
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...rticle20909398/

quote:

Two weeks after the Maynard win, Grant was hit in the head by his training partner’s foot during a jiu-jitsu session. Later in the session, he used his head to stop a sweep and was hit again.

“I don’t know which one it was,” he said of the head blows. “All I know is just when I was done training, I didn’t feel right.”

Diagnosed with a concussion, the 30-year-old has not sparred since.

I didn't get the impression from the dude I was talking to that he was anything but regretting the title shot that never happened - no feeling that he was guilty about the injury or anything.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I remember when TJ initially pulled out people were crying conspiracy because Dana wanted Benson/Pettis II.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Holy poo poo guys he's actually alive, he's really loving alive and someone wrote about him

http://fb.me/7UMfMiGIF

here's the related short doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYFUoEaL4YY

it's depressing

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Ty1990 posted:

I remember when TJ initially pulled out people were crying conspiracy because Dana wanted Benson/Pettis II.

There is no way those people were in this forum

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yah

Not trying to be combative, just made me try to think of any actual spoken statement pettis has made that registered at all.

I misread you then, sorry. I can't really recall him showing much personality but I also skipped that season of TUF which would have probably helped a little bit.

edit: it's settled. Pettis is milquetoast

POTATO IN MY ANUS fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jun 3, 2015

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Roy Nelson is beer bun

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools
Any decent MMA podcasts? I've liked the few JRE shows I've listened to with actual fighters.

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

theradiostillsucks posted:

Any decent MMA podcasts? I've liked the few JRE shows I've listened to with actual fighters.

I think Bryan Callen and Brendan Schaubs podcast is fun once you get past the whole Schaub being a dingus thing.

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

actually that's not fair Schaub has been okay recently. he's growing on me.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I actually like the JRE in general. He has a lot of interesting guests and while he can get out there sometimes if someone tells him he's being an idiot and explains why he listens.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Chael's You're Welcome is pretty good but it's more pro wrestling so far.

edit: not that there's anything wrong with wrasslin, it's just Chael has a lot of guests from that world and they don't talk much about MMA

Sweaty IT Nerd fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jun 3, 2015

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools

Dangersim posted:

I actually like the JRE in general. He has a lot of interesting guests and while he can get out there sometimes if someone tells him he's being an idiot and explains why he listens.

It depends on the guest for me. Some of them are torture, and I swear Joe brings up DMT every loving episode.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Bundt Cake posted:

i think boestch is pretty good. hes a bona fide brute and has shown some clever wrinkles at times in the forms of slams, a really cool uppercut technique,

He has the skills of a solid journeyman or undercard fighter, but his determination or grit or whatever you want to call it took him higher than he probably should have gone based on talent or skill. He's sort of like the opposite of Overeem. It's fascinating that he's 4-4 in his last eight and he got the poo poo beat out of him in every single one of those fights, especially those he won.

quote:

and a gameplan that went against his strengths to beat Lombar

Personally I always thought Boetsch must have planned to switch from cautious outfighting to brawling and wrestling later in the fight after Lombard inevitably gassed hard. Unfortunately he broke his foot immediately so I'm just speculating.

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

http://www.comainevent.com/

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

It depends on the guest for me. Some of them are torture, and I swear Joe brings up DMT every loving episode.

Yeah you're right sometimes he has things he latched on to and goes on a bit of a diatribe but that's like ten minutes in a three hour show. The stories from some of the MMA trainers and coaches and even the stand ups like Joey Diaz have some incredible stories that are just great to listen to.

I like the one/s he's done with Shane Smith from vice too.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
If anything he's a curious person and asks a lot of good questions and then let's the guest talk, so I end up learning about poo poo I would never on my own.

The only one's I really listen to the full thing are the mma related ones but I'll put one on for a long drive and it will keep me entertained.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Definitely going to second this recommendation. Ben and Chad understand that MMA rules because of the shear insanity that surrounds the sport and they devote much of the show to that. Mastertweet Theatre is worth the entire existence of the podcast.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Thirding. It's an hour a week so it's not necessarily comprehensive coverage but it's entertaining and they know what they're talking about.

The old UFC on ESPN with the british guys was really good too but it's been gone for a while now unfortunately.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

There is no way those people were in this forum

They absolutely existed and I am happy to testify to that effect.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

origami posted:

here's the related short doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYFUoEaL4YY

it's depressing

this is amazing but whats up with his yello hat thats like 20 years old lol that thing is more hosed up than he is

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

Subbed to and trying out Comain and Schaub's podcasts. Thanks for the recommendations.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I like pro wrestling so I like that Chael has a mix of mma and pro wrestling guys on his podcast.
I'm listening to Chael's latest and he has Randy Couture on. Chael goes into a funny story on Hendo being the laziest guy at team quest at 26:55 of the podcast.

So once again, Hendo is the best. :colbert:

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I also added Steve Austin's show to the rotation since he does the same. Can't be bothered with wrestling these days but like hearing interviews and catching up on guys I grew up with. He's had Bas Rutten, Terry Funk, Shawn Michaels, Josh Barnett and David Lee Roth on, so you really can't lose there. I'd listen to Roth and Bas on pretty much any podcast. Both were great on JRE.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Old posts from McGregor back in 2011 when he used to post on the MMA-subforum of an Irish Board

http://www.balls.ie/mma/conor-mcgregor-cage-warriors-boardsie/295287

McGregor posted:

The king is here

Dont worry folks i reply to any call out even if it is against a little white guy who thinks he is a big black guy,,,,

Conor Dillon that broken foot was the best thing that ever happened to you that night and you know it
You left that ring lookin like your hero snoop dogg, black and blue

Walkin around with a death row records chain around your neck you bum your a five foot nothing pastey white kerry bum you remind me of that donkey Chris ''Menace to absolutly f@@king nothing'' Stringer with his bandana on you guys should fight,, winner takes the losers 2pac posters

Im after the real gold a belt that no irish man has ever won and dont say paul mcveigh has won it he is as scottish as the loch ness monster

On another note vote for me for fighter of the year how can you not the busiest fighter this year 4 second ko's ,16 second ko's, broken orbital bones, broken jaws, broken noses, fighters retired,, 100 per cent knockout
ratio what other guy in the country is doing this

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM ARE RUNNING SCARED
EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm coming around on McGregor

• Locked thread