Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

SquirrelGrip posted:

marry me carlos

Get away from my man you whore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

coconono posted:

I'd really like to see the LHW belt get tossed around a little just to make the division look better. Before it was Jon Jones and a bunch of guys that might him if he doesn't bother to prepare.

But hey, Cormier's daughter knew what was up.

We have seen this and it was kinda cool but it kinda devalued the belt when every guy in the top 5 had it at one point.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I like RDA because I like when guys who have no buisness being champion put it all together like that.

Also the only evidence for EPO is "had good cardio"

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Aldo has been saying stuff like that for years

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I literally go back and forth on hating floyd and thinking he completely owns on like a weekly basis

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Here's who've I beat up #1 middle school teacher #2 guy playing shuffleboard #3 man in khakis near beach. Not sure if I'm the greatest of all time or just a young Alexander Gustafsson

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Jon jones beat up a staggering array of middle aged men, then progressed onto beating up youthful men, finally brutally beating up a woman and infant. He's the undeniable complete package.

lmao

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCNP8dvZVDo

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

lmao at whoever did that to my av

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Tezcatlipoca posted:

A few posts up, duder. Worth posting twice though.

oops

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

A professional athlete really confident? Well I never.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I actually like the JRE in general. He has a lot of interesting guests and while he can get out there sometimes if someone tells him he's being an idiot and explains why he listens.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

If anything he's a curious person and asks a lot of good questions and then let's the guest talk, so I end up learning about poo poo I would never on my own.

The only one's I really listen to the full thing are the mma related ones but I'll put one on for a long drive and it will keep me entertained.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Yeah it'll be cool when Aldo leg kick tko's Conor just like the time he leg kick tko'd

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Wise Learned Man posted:

That Faber lasted the whole 25 minutes doesn't negate the fact that his corner was carrying him to the stool after the second.

yeah that was in 2010

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

coconono posted:

So where's UFC going to come up with the money for all this? And how are they going to keep fighters under contract? Between this and the mythical reekbok uniforms, I don't see what the incentive is for up and coming fighters to stay under Zuffa.

how much do you think guys in bellator are making

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Bean Fried posted:

Coker has already said they're expanding their schedule next year, which I don't think they'd be doing if the promotion was losing money.

Not so sure about that one bean

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

What people don't seem to get is that the ufc is a brand. People watch it because if is the ufc. Honestly I think anything killed the ufc would probably kill the sport.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

phil davis is stacked top to bottom too and he almost always sucks poo poo to watch...

drat lol

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Keven is right too, like barry bonds spends his time riding his bike around California and seems to be in great health

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

EvanSchenck posted:

Aldo himself tends to finish the fight

Hmmm

Dangersim fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 4, 2015

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Literally the last person you could make the argument that jose slowed down with leg kicks and then finished is manny gambyuran

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I think Weidman will thrash jacare, he'll wear him out and break him. I think he beats Rockhold pretty clearly, and it may be real competitive but it may not be.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

How would people see Gus/DC going? Assuming they got to fight before Jones comes back.

My brain says gus gets wrestled, but my heart says gus manages to avoid the grappling through movement and plain defense and boxes dc up

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

I appreciate you always replying to these! I never saw Gus/Jones, how did he handle JBJ's takedowns or did Jones not use them?

He completely stuffed them. He even took jon down a few times. Jones finally got him down in the last round but gus got back up without any damage being done.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

fatherdog posted:

Both of them took each other down once, and both of them got back to their feet without any damage done.

That doesn't dispute anything I just said though?

And jones went down on a slip in the second, it's debatable if you want to consider it a takedown

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Triple Helix posted:

Am I missing something or is Gus getting a title shot coming off a loss? I think Gus is a really good fighter, but lol at LHW not having any better options.

It's the fight everyone wants and it's the one that makes the most sense. It would be stupid to go through the whole motions of having to feed him someone to get him back in the win column

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Bubba Smith posted:

Doubtful. UFC has nothing lined up after August and it's a long ways away from the possible December 5th NYC show or the equally massive Calgary card that should happen if the first falls through. RDA is supposed to be out until December and I'm gonna guess that Aldo/McGregor II will be postponed for a while as well to maximize buyrates. Ronda already said she has movies lined up after UFC 190 and isn't expecting to compete for the rest of 2015 but that could change... maybe. And Anderson, GSP, and Diaz are all out for the time being too. Jones probably won't be back until December either.

So you've got Robbie, Weidman, and DC as the only guys UFC can build on PPV from September through November. Maybe Cain Velasquez does the impossible and fights twice within 4 months but that's the least likely thing of all the things I just mentioned. Mighty Mouse and TJ will make an appearance on some card or another but I doubt UFC wants to repeat last year where they headlined every other major card and then experienced the worst business in years.

tl;dr: I could see them holding off on Weidman/Rockhold but DC/Gus is gonna happen ASAP.

If aldo/mcgregor turns out in a way they can really sell an immediate rematch my money is it will be the new years card.

Or if they can get jones back by then he'll headline it.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

1st AD posted:

I was wondering, how does ATT even pay for their ripoff Team Takedown plan where they sign top shelf NCAA wrestlers? But I guess drug money is the answer.

Att is absolutely enormous, they have their huge hq in coconut creek and what seems like an affiliate bjj school on every corner here, it's an empire.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I would rather be waterboarded then watch a brian ebersole fight

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Brian Ebersole loving sucks, and somehow shaving his chest hair and making faces has blinded people to the fact that he has absolutely horrendous fights.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Do you mean when he did a cartwheel pass against Shannon Ritch and the commission said it was a work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_gReMWf3Pc

The guard pass was also him though.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I hope all of you remember saying these things when you sit through 15 minutes of sloppy boring fighting this weekend

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

colonel_korn posted:

Michael Johnson just got booked to fight Beneil Dariush on the UFN Nashville card, which I guess removes any lingering doubt that Cerrone will be sitting out until the RDA fight.

That's a good fight

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Did anyone bother to notice that RDA did slow down quite a bit, it's just that Pettis got the poo poo kicked out of him so he slowed down way more?

There is literally zero evidence RDA was doping. Not a single shred.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Meowbot posted:

Considering we have like never seen a true "super fight" anyways they are barking up a fictitious tree.

http://www.ufc.tv/video/georges-stpierre-vs-bj-penn-ufc-94

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Sprecherscrow posted:

If there's a December Hendo fight it should be called 'Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Big Right.'

pretty sure that a december thread title at one point

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

well that was cool

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Another interesting thing Schuab said is that Crocop was by far the strongest guy he ever fought. He said when they were clinched against the cage he felt like he was made out of rocks.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

she's not that hot imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I'm watching Pettis/RDA and it's really funny hearing everyone talk about how Pettis is next level and the future of the sport right before he gets demolished

Dangersim fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 8, 2015

• Locked thread