Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Pretty cool interview posted at the tail of last month's thread, stuff in the middle about Dee is very :3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1kDoMEVo3o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Not as pretty but much more violent

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Old posts from McGregor back in 2011 when he used to post on the MMA-subforum of an Irish Board

http://www.balls.ie/mma/conor-mcgregor-cage-warriors-boardsie/295287

McGregor posted:

The king is here

Dont worry folks i reply to any call out even if it is against a little white guy who thinks he is a big black guy,,,,

Conor Dillon that broken foot was the best thing that ever happened to you that night and you know it
You left that ring lookin like your hero snoop dogg, black and blue

Walkin around with a death row records chain around your neck you bum your a five foot nothing pastey white kerry bum you remind me of that donkey Chris ''Menace to absolutly f@@king nothing'' Stringer with his bandana on you guys should fight,, winner takes the losers 2pac posters

Im after the real gold a belt that no irish man has ever won and dont say paul mcveigh has won it he is as scottish as the loch ness monster

On another note vote for me for fighter of the year how can you not the busiest fighter this year 4 second ko's ,16 second ko's, broken orbital bones, broken jaws, broken noses, fighters retired,, 100 per cent knockout
ratio what other guy in the country is doing this

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM ARE RUNNING SCARED
EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Thats a good flame post.

I liked the bit about 2pac posters. Also cool to see he's always been brash and outspoken even before he was a cage warriors champion

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Pimp Cauldron posted:

I'm surprised 2pac's music made it to Ireland as early as 2011

He only has one song though not songs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxYzjjs6d1s

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

How would people see Gus/DC going? Assuming they got to fight before Jones comes back.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dangersim posted:

My brain says gus gets wrestled, but my heart says gus manages to avoid the grappling through movement and plain defense and boxes dc up

I appreciate you always replying to these! I never saw Gus/Jones, how did he handle JBJ's takedowns or did Jones not use them?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I can take a hint, sounds like the perfect excuse to resub to Fightpass I guess!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Le Saboteur posted:

Joe Rogan pisses so hot that he can in fact melt steel beams.

Jetfuel Joe

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

here's an article about blood doping that shows how easy it is, how effective it is, and passes the tests http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-32983932

That's really interesting! I'd never heard about micro-dosing before, it's insanely effective. Looks like people will still have amazing cardio even after USADA come in.

david carmichael posted:

jones doesn't really shoot ever, and gus moved well enough to stay at range. the other thing was that gus was tall/long enough to not have to get within jones' clinching range in order to land a punch

Cool, I'll look out for that when I watch it tonight!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

So he didn't actually mention any performance tests after coming off the EPO. I assume the idea with the microdosing is that when you come off, the harder training you did+whatever extra red blood cells you gained that haven't died off yet are enough to give you an advantage over someone clean?

I thought he got tested for three weeks after he came off it in week eleven. Testing was fourteen weeks and I think he doped from week 4-11. So he still passed.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

RIght, but he didn't say anything about his performance once he stopped taking the EPO. He only tests his V02max before and during the EPO, but not after.

Oh yeah sure, my mistake! I assume though even if it just means you get to train twice as hard due to lack of fatiguing you have an edge via sheer amount of training. Or that you can be on micro-doses of EPO even during the fight if I read things right?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I read an interview with Conor and his family recently in FO. Apparently his mam is really supportive so she sits cageside but is too nervous to actually watch the fight so she looks away while his dad tells her what's happening. Very :3:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

canoshiz posted:

It's his English tutor, she was asking on r/mma for questions for Machida to practice answering at press conferences.

That is the cutest thing, god bless this sport

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

colonel_korn posted:

Michael Johnson just got booked to fight Beneil Dariush on the UFN Nashville card, which I guess removes any lingering doubt that Cerrone will be sitting out until the RDA fight.

Neat! Really expecting great stuff from Dariush

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I know i've gushed about him before (or her?) but Gian Galang does the best MMA artwork

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I listened to the Chael podcast with Dominick Cruz earlier and it was great to hear Dom saying he has great sympathy for Duane Ludwig because "Faber is a prick"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Alvey seems cool but the way he spells Smile'N is very upsetting

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Catching up on the fights and GDT now. Bludeanie your OPs are loving great

quote:

[Hendo] brought Michael Bisping face to face with whatever gap-toothed lockjawed soccer hooligan wood nymph the Brits claim as their chief deity

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In an interview Joanna Champion said she doesn't think she could beat Ronda. So modest :3:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Modesty was a poor word choice. I meant it was nice to hear an honest answer and not a "I can beat anyone on this planet in a given night"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

El Roncho posted:

Ronda vs Dude posts are a sherdog level discussion and as a long time lurker and seldom poster here, I know you guys are better than that. For the most part. Come on guys.

They are very silly and pointless discussions but funnily the person who mentions it the most in the media is Ronda. Not long after her "a man should never hit a woman" quote she was saying in interviews she could beat any guy in the UFC.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I really hope Werdum wins. He seems much more fun than Cain and like he won't fight once a millenia.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Apparently Andy has postponed his hearing a 4th time

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ty1990 posted:

New Embedded up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr6bmYDgRgE

Also, is MMAJunkie Radio worth listening to? It seemed okay while I was listening at the gym the other day but then the one guy suggested Dan Henderson vs Jacare in a title eliminator and I turned it off and put on music.

I definitely like Werdum more than Cain in these. I will still believe in him winning even when they zip up the bodybag.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

acai moonsault posted:

my local guy is 'stormin' norman parke :geno:

If it wasn't for 1916 you could be claiming Conor as your local guy too.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

acai moonsault posted:

they put his title fight on the morning of the 12th for us anyway

All PPVs wind up having their main event around 6am for us

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Northjayhawk posted:

John McCarthy for Lawler/MacDonald

Herb Dean for Aldo/McGregor

Awesome news

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Street Horrrsing posted:

So Aldo got randomly tested by the NSAC, he used the wanderlei defense, and eventually called the brazillian commission, whose president is the doctor that used to prescribe and grant TRT exemptions. All of a sudden, the nsac guy applied for the wrong visa, which is "business" instead of "work" and the sample got thrown down the drain.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/6/11/8769211/ufc-189-jose-aldo-nac-random-urine-sample-discarded-nac-collector-work-visa-mma-news

Nothing shady there!

That explains this I suppose

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

acai moonsault posted:

Conor's said he spontaneously got so many tattoos because being out injured after he fought Max Holloway was driving him crazy, the ape on his chest is supposed to be his gym's insignia though. I thought they were dumb and bad looking but I like the ape now. As far as MMA tattoos go it could be worse and you could have SCOGGINS on your back in comic sans.

Yeah he asked for a few designs of the SBG gorilla and chose that one. Also I agree that Scoggins is the wors tattoo in MMA for sure

Torres and Rosa were very cool together on embedded but not cool enough to quite make me forget he calls himself 'Boston Strong'

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jesus

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bucket Joneses posted:

McGregor endorses/trains out of a Straight Blast Gym? Huh, there is one if those really close to me. I thought it was just a generic chain of MT/BJJ/TKD/Boxing gyms.

I mean, not that his endorsement necessarily changed that.

Yeah that's where he started in Dublin. Didn't realise it was a chain actually! Just assumed it was John Kavanagh's gym.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

peds.jpg

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Countdown to first 'Cain was always bad' post

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

Countdown to first 'Cain was always bad' post

Shumagorath posted:

Amazing fight for Werdum and GOAT fully bilingual victory speech, but if he brings that kind of sloppy defense against someone like Junior, Overeem, full-notice Hunt or even Mir he's going to have real problems.

Cain now worse than Overeem and Mir

e: even Fedor loves Fabricio Face

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jun 14, 2015

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Watching last night gave me a small sense of what it must have been like to see Andy get killed by Weidman.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Can we start a petition to have Sexy Carlos kill Pendred for us

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dangersim posted:

Last night was the opposite of that because it was good and I didn't wake up sad this morning

Seriously though weidman knocking out anderson was loving nuts and if you weren't there i can't really explain how crazy and shocking it was.

In the bar I was at social order broke down for about 30 seconds. People screaming and running around, someone picked up a chair and threw it. During this my ex looked over at me and said I was just sitting there with head cocker to the side looking like a confused dog. When she met me at my house later she found me sitting on the couch in the dark watching anderson/forrest.

Yeah I kinda feel like I missed the biggest moment in UFC history up to this point! Someone linked the thread recently and it was funny seeing people say "Andy is about to gently caress him up". I can't wait to see Dublin react if Conor wins

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

If Aldo wins will he have beaten Andy's record including WEC defenses? The New promo says he's on 10 straight? Also including champions who remained champion during a IFC merger is Andy still the record holder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dangersim posted:

He will tie it I believe. Also Andy's fight against Lutter was supposed to be for the title but Lutter didn't make weight so it became non title.

Also here's the records and accomplishments of Anderson:

Unified UFC Middleweight and Pride FC Welterweight Championship
Fight of the Night (Three times)
Submission of the Night (Two times)
Most Knockout of the Night Awards in the UFC (Seven times)
Most consecutive title defenses (10)
Most successful title defenses (10)
Most finishes in UFC title fights (9)
Most finishes in the UFC (14)
Most finishes in the UFC Middleweight division (10)
Longest win streak in UFC history (16)
Highest significant strike accuracy in UFC (67.8%)
Most knockdowns landed in UFC History (17)
Tied (Chuck Liddell and Randy Couture) for third most wins in the UFC (16)
Longest UFC title reign (2457 days)

Surely he also has most NSAC Hearing postponments too! Seriously though that is an incredible set of accolades. You and fatherdog are encyclopedias.

• Locked thread