Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mewse
May 2, 2006

If MMA can land a proper new york venue I will eat a hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

poo poo

mewse
May 2, 2006

Tren

mewse
May 2, 2006

manyak posted:

They probably liked each other

I doubt it

mewse
May 2, 2006

origami posted:

What happened to that PSP'er that was training at Rothwell MMA?

I think he was in the A/T thread and hasn't posted recently. IIRC the guy was bipolar and Big Ben was helping him out a lot.

mewse
May 2, 2006

I hope Joanna Champion commits the first murder inside the octagon

mewse
May 2, 2006

I was googling edible hats for some reason and came across this

mewse
May 2, 2006

Uriah Hall displayed some Warrior Spirit when he fought through that broken toe to win a split decision, but yeah he's been pretty disappointing in comparison to his TUF hype

e: nm it was unanimous

mewse fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jun 9, 2015

mewse
May 2, 2006

Someone plz buy me an av that says "my local fighter is going to bury your local fighter"

mewse
May 2, 2006

Remember rogan's story about "why would I hold him down when I could just stare him down". That was good

mewse
May 2, 2006

Team Stab posted:

Roland Delorme and Krzysztof Soszynski both got washed out pretty hard. Who else do I have to root for?

Guys from WAMMA are up and coming. Louis Fisette also washed out but Brad Katona and Katie Saull are promising. This reminds me we haven't had a local MMA event in a while..

mewse
May 2, 2006

Drewjitsu posted:

Didn't know that Katie was doing MMA. I thought she was focused on boxing?

She hasn't been active in boxing for about 2 years now. She got concussed at WAMMA and has been recovering for over a year. It's a bit odd seeing her and TJ Grant commiserating on instagram.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

They trying to get a bad brains cover band going?

"my brain hurts" "mine too"

mewse
May 2, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

My local fighter is Josh Samman. :smith:

Salmon the Roidfish

mewse
May 2, 2006

Y'all ever been choked so bad that the veins stood out on your pecs?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Mark Hunt lost to the champion :unsmith:

e: and miocic :smith:

mewse
May 2, 2006

not it

mewse
May 2, 2006

I didn't need to know that wikipedia has an image for autofellatio

mewse
May 2, 2006

I was watching a stream at home by myself and as I sat there in minor shock I realized I didn't know anybody IRL that would understand the significance of what just happened

mewse
May 2, 2006

I still like jack slack. His writing is very clear and he illustrates what he is writing about with gifs, which is good because I can't read

mewse
May 2, 2006

LobsterMobster posted:

Needs more insane Thiago Alves clock diagrams

Did he write that?

mewse
May 2, 2006

CommonShore posted:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/5/31/2198373/judo-chop-rick-story-capitalizes-on-thiago-alves-footwork

I think this is the origin, the offending image having been removed. Written by two of Bloody Elbow's lowliest mooks.

I'm not going to read this again but from what I can recall it was way too many words trying to describe the incredibly complex topic of a fighter cutting off the ring

mewse
May 2, 2006

Do you remember the time nick the tooth licked some gum on a wall in europe somewhere? Because I wish I didn't

mewse
May 2, 2006

Lauzon crushing nick the tooth was almost as pleasant as sucking my own dick

mewse
May 2, 2006

Le Saboteur posted:

Just rewatching the Esparza/Joanna fight and wondering did she ever explain why she looked like she had the fear of death during the introductions. She seemed so confident coming in but its like she saw a vision before the match of the destruction that was waiting for her.

I think she admitted at some point that Joanna got in her head with the "you don't put up your finger like me. you're not number one. i'm number one."

mewse
May 2, 2006

It looks like they posted Joanna vs Esparza for free, I didn't see it posted. If you haven't seen this fight then let's get it on CMON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvmQuhHbblI

mewse
May 2, 2006

Joanne vs Namajunas will be like two blenders fighting each other

mewse
May 2, 2006

Wouldn't it be "chad" money mendes vs conor "the irish" mcgregor for interim?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Let's cleanse our collective palette with Jack Slack on Joanna's performance over the weekend

mewse
May 2, 2006

Bubba Smith posted:

Not that it means much yet but it's something:

Brett Okamoto ‏@bokamotoESPN 22m22 minutes ago
Source close to the situation tells me Conor, FWIW, has not been informed of any change at UFC 189. Fight's on as far as he's concerned.

The fight might still be on (doubtful) or UFC is looking for a replacement opponent. If the fight were simply postponed you'd think McGregor's camp would be the first to be notified.

It's pretty wise on McGregor's side to ignore rumours unless they're directly contacted by the UFC.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Chael on facebook kinda mirroring what some of you guys have said:

quote:

Aldo hurt his rib, that we know. Is he out? We can only speculate, but why not. Speculation is fun.

Aldo is in on the PPV. He he gets a cut as long as he meets predetermined thresholds. The bad news for Aldo is that he has never met even the minimum threshold and thus has never gotten to participate in a back end bonus. This fight will generate a million buys which would convert to a bonus of roughly 3.5 million dollars. So....

Hurt or not, will he make the walk?

When your injury reports surface on the web, it may not be an issue of Aldo being tough and gutting it out, it may be one an issue of the Commision stepping in and saying "no go." Whoever within his team leaked the training room information to the media, may have just cost Aldo 3.5 million dollars.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Perhaps you should stop worshiping satan, uncle dana

mewse
May 2, 2006

Northjayhawk posted:

I didn't know legislators were allowed to say "screw this, I'm going home".

They basically do what they want

mewse
May 2, 2006

DoombatINC posted:

Nope, I don't pay any attention to boxing or kickboxing or MMA that isn't the UFC. I'm basically a textbook filthy casual.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight_of_the_Century

mewse
May 2, 2006

Rashad has been dishing out a lot of good advice on the current TUF season

mewse
May 2, 2006

POTATO IN MY ANUS posted:

that's some pretty big news isn't it? seems like nobody gave a poo poo.

The ban will be ineffective because nobody is monitoring the fighters when they leave the venue after weigh-ins

mewse
May 2, 2006

POTATO IN MY ANUS posted:

of course, so why bother banning it? how the gently caress are they going to enforce that?

I was just responding to your "why isn't this bigger news" question, it's because it's pretty silly

mewse
May 2, 2006

I've been monitoring jake shields as well but his social media presence seems to keep relatively stables

mewse
May 2, 2006

manyak posted:

Its kind of hard to unlearn those habits when youre 37 and have been drilling them into muscle memory since you were a baby

:smith: At least he can starch thugs on the street

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

CommonShore posted:

"Joanna, what happened to your hand?"
"I got into a fight."
"Oh! How dreadful!"

Did this actually happen :cripes:

• Locked thread