Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Cameron's alright. I mean her flaws are pretty surface-level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lilikoi
Oct 11, 2012
I like all of them.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

DurosKlav posted:

We're not supposed to like Cameron right? If we are than the writers have done a terrible job at making her remotely likeable. I feel like they want me to be rooting for Cameron but its the exact opposite. If Donna has to destroy Gordon and Joe in the process of destroying Cameron I wont be completely happy but I'll accept it.
Cameron han't been well characterized if they sincerely meant for her to be the tragic underdog of S3. The only scenes she shows any traces of likeability are with Joe, her sworn enemy, and she treats her actual support base like poo poo while being an antisocial spaz. She's very seldom in the right other than when they rig up those moments of flashforward hindsight, which never feel earned simply because of how inflexible and bad at reasoning and emotional capacity she is.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The most I've liked Cameron since probably season 1 was when she kicked Donna to the curb in the S3 finale.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Cameron is a walking daddy issues cliche and her best work is with Toby Huss when it boils over. Also Toby Huss rules.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

grilldos posted:

Also Toby Huss rules.

Well duh, he's the Strongest Man in the World.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I like Donna and Gordon a lot, especially when they are talking poo poo about Cameron's husband and his bigwig job at Sega.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

grilldos posted:

Cameron is a walking daddy issues cliche and her best work is with Toby Huss when it boils over. Also Toby Huss rules.
All of the Above

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

ApexAftermath posted:

It was hard to watch Gordon miss all the signals in that dinner and wine scene with Donna.

To be honest, and maybe i misread the scene, but I took it as 'Gordons moved on, he really doesn't care for Donna anymore'.

Like, I don't think I saw another scene where he was longing for her or something. Or I'm dumb cause I watched a bunch of these on the subway and missed it. But I just took it as 'yeah we're friends now, who can you recommend me to' like a normal person can be with an ex they're forced to see once and a while.

Also, I kinda wished this was the last season because it felt like a nice sendoff for everyone. The '5 years later the gang gets back together and they work it out - fade to black' worked for me.

I'm kinda glad they dropped gordo's brain thing because I was really worried it was going to be a big focus this season when it turned out he was talking to no one (when they found it was unplugged). I was happy they just dropped it.

• Locked thread