Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Senor Candle posted:

Do they have anything to do with the Stone Masks? I was beginning to think they might be connected somehow.

Lol no

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Potsticker posted:

* Was that guy an alien or did he have a stand?

Tbf, this is best left unanswered because Mikitaka's mysterious powers is one of the best things about him.

Senor Candle posted:

Why did Josuke's mom freeze his bank accounts after he won and start charging him for meals? Since she froze his account he can't get at the money so how is he supposed to pay for food?

It was probably a gag.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
that happened loving once

After the first time he used fake ancient people and they didn't do much better.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

Ben Diskin is playing Joseph in the dub, which is premiering at Anime Expo.

where the gently caress how

where is this info

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ben Diskin is actually a pretty great choice, hype as gently caress.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zeruel posted:

What are some clips I can watch that'll give me a good indication of what to expect from him?

Disclaimer: None of these clips are a great indication of how Joseph is going to be voiced in relation to Diskin so just know that you're hearing different characters right and his voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL9Jw2DaveM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNTFaWFuxE4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVqwXbkjR80

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You're supposed to basically just keep shooting at him to knock him backwards with Sex Pistols. If you just keep blasting him as he moved towards you you should be, it's a pretty easy boss fight.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is worse than fantasy booking in Punchsport Pagoda.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Holy poo poo, shut up about the part 4 teaser and talk about how loving good this ep is. I'm like 8 minutes in and it's already amazing and all I see is a bunch of dorks whining about there being no confirmation of a loving teaser.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I absolutely do not care, if you have time to bitch and moan about this you have time to watch the episode.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Aurain posted:

He spends 9 seconds in DIO time™ looking for big heavy things to drop before settling for the road roller. Just picture that process.

Settling or seeing and thinking "yes. this is the best thing ever".

Now imagine him overestimating his drop and falling straight into the water.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You just named every story that is located in the sticks. Persona 4 is probably inspired by JoJos to some extent especially with PQ.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You could say it was a hidden reveal of some sort.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Josuke's fine.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

Except for the time he literally went blind with rage because someone insulted his hair.
This barely happens and when it does he only beats the poo poo out of actually awful people compared to Joseph, Jotaro, and Jolyne who would sometimes do incredibly lovely things to other people for small reasons.

This is not to mention he is a very kind person, has grounded morals, and his only real fault is he's greedy and flashy as poo poo.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Agreed

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, they can talk to each other telepathically. It's portrayed pretty weirdly at times, but stuff like Dark Blue Moon had him doing that and some later stuff does it too. It just kinda happens too, like no one ever explains it and it owns.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't know what their logic behind that was, but I don't like half of the voice acting in ASB anyways, so it just compounds another problem. I've never liked stands not being voiced by the same VAs as their users since, as you said, they are an extension of the user's will.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What did making Giorno drink piss not accomplish?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The only thing that's going to be unbearable about waiting for confirmation is all of the people complaining there's no confirmation.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I might make another thread exclusive to anime watchers, but until then they can come in here and ask any questions they need to ask.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Spoiler tag for now, I will have the thread done tonight or tomorrow.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3729048

There, spoilers tags are gone now, eat poop.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

Please support all Jojo's that are brought over to the west

None of this money goes to araki or manga or anime, stop buying lovely video games because you want more lovely jojo games brought over

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
THIS DUB IS loving GODLIKE

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
they're wrong, gently caress them

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We'll probably get more word on it after the first series is out on dvd for a while.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The accents being bad is part of why it's great.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I really hope they upload some clips from the episodes they aired because it's gonna be really awful only having tinny audio to go on for the next months or so for what voices sound like.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Stop

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, that's pretty obviously Seitz sounding less sinister than he did as Part 3 Dio, naturally.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also I think Speedwagon is Keith Silverstein, Erina is Michelle Ruff, I didn't hear Smokey's voice well enough to piece together who he is, and Straizo is probably Dave Mallow.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't even imagine what the Pillar Men are gonna sound like if they're giving accents to characters, because Smokey has a loving brooklyn accent and they're going whole hog on making these characters have these silly accents.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was never against it so much as I thought they weren't completely necessary for certain characters. I have to admit, I don't particularly care for Joseph's because it feels like it's going to cannibalize Diskin's performance and chances to be goofy and a smart rear end, but I have all of a minute of footage and it's from the most boring parts of Battle Tendency and overall it sounds fine. I mostly think they should be used for locations that are not America or Japan or people native to those locations why I'm fine with like Polnareff and Avdol having them, especially in Polnareff's case because it would be hilarious if he had the shittiest french accent possible.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Annasui's stand is cool and he's got some funny lines, but he's a loving awful character.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Anasui is marrying Jolyne in the epilogue of Part 6, it did not dump on him at all.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's Filty Acts you pleb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
poo poo Posts Made For Free