Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Aurora posted:

Uznare is grumpy all the time you can ignore him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

RatHat posted:

Yeah this was my favourite part of that fight. If Jotaro had tried to go all out with the time stop as soon as he could do it he would've lost.

When was he able to do it?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Huh, some guy on /v/ just pointed out why Kars could pretty solidly beat DIO.

Turns out having the ripple makes you pretty good against vampires, and Kars had an insanely strong ripple at the end of Battle Tendency.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

man gently caress that, if my husbands side ho showed up to his funeral I'd loving kill her

Her son did save your grandson from painful rat death

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Aurain posted:

Nepnep soon, BroJos.

(Yuck)

Iris Heart and DIO would be best buddies

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Srice posted:

This plus I prefer its pacing.

The Star Platinum stopping Jotaro's heart part and the events surrounding it were better some in the OVA

It is much cooler when Polnareff directly has a hand in DIO's skull getting cracked than when Jotaro has to bail Polnareff out

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Two seconds after Jotaro decides "I'm going to wait for him to get close", Dio decides to do exactly that. Then Polnareff comes in out of nowhere and fucks up the entire plan.

Polnareff's one action in the entire fight is to gently caress up, it's great.

I think it's bad personally

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

if not arc 4 then vento aureo will cull the weak ones in terms of character designs

It's gonna cull me and I've read the whole series

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Serperoth posted:

I'm late to the party, but I've been reading Part 4 and I just finished Let's Go Eat Italian yesterday. If that gets animated, anyone who complains about it is, with no doubt, wrong.

That is and probably will always be my favorite arc in the entire series

Nothing else comes close.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Thirty-Five Minutes posted:

Thanks for posting the translated version, tiistai, it's great (and very adorable now I know what everyone is saying).

On the subject of fancomics, here's a fan-edit called "If Jolyne Got More Backup During Stone Ocean".

Isn't Josuke dead by the time Stone Ocean starts?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I never caught that Jotaro stops time twice in the DIO fight until I saw the anime finale.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Is this not available in Canada

Amazon won't take my credit card

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vZiBPeQb_lg

I'm Lisa Lisa in this and Kars is Amazon

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mabels big day posted:

i'm all the way up to part 7, and part 7 is extremely good.

Part 7 should be part of everyone's manga rotation

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

I haven't gotten to Enigma on my reread, so I can't remember what the Enigma guy did that was bad enough to deserve getting turned into a book.

Attack his mom, just like the first guy he eternally punished.

I kinda like that the last villain they fight before Kira gets more or less the same fate as the first one. Bookends it rather nicely.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

dogsicle posted:

1. mountain tim
1. hot pants
3. blackmore
4. johnny
5. soundman

i've aired my dirty laundry

Wasn't hot pants a lady

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Forktoss posted:

The hell kind of a bullshit matchstick puzzle is this?

Aren't 0's indicated with a diagonal slash through them sometimes?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Xibanya posted:

Whoa, somebody bought me a new avatar! Thanks, unknown beneficiary! I will strike a pose just for you.

Lisa Lisa is a pretty rad character, particularly for a female character in a shonen manga from the 80s. What's kinda fun also about Lisa Lisa is that there are so many stories in fiction about someone training under some hardass mentor only to find out that the mentor was actually their father or something and then the story speaks to the unspoken bond of kinship and manliness between a father and son and blah blah blah but you don't really see much in fiction stories about a dude learning essential life skills from their mom -- and I don't just mean manga, I mean in any fiction. So yep, that's cool. And for that reason I don't mind Lisa Lisa getting injured just to let Joseph have a chance to go do main character stuff, because even if her character had been male, that kind of poo poo always happens to the mentor character.

It's not like it doesn't happen to everyone else in Battle Tendency, either.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

setafd posted:

another thing I like: DIO learned about how well electric lamps work by hanging out with his boyfriend in what looks like hotel rooms and still lived in a hazy castle shrouded in darkness and mist

isn't Pucci like 15 in those flashbacks

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Wait, so this game has a new story written by Araki that has a Jojo team up with all of the Jojos?

My friend and I were just talking about how much we wanted something like this to happen in Part IX the other day! :supaburn:

[8/22/2015 12:38:29 PM] Jacqueline: I want to see a fight between all the Jojos and one major villain, like JJBA the movie or some poo poo like that
[8/22/2015 12:38:43 PM] Jacqueline: Like, let's take all the heroes in their prime and face them off against one massive evil character
[8/22/2015 12:38:49 PM] Hob: That would be awesome.

This is in fact how part 6 should have ended

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Remember that time Josuke reenacted Speed

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The real question is what would Shrek's stand do

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

BaDandy posted:

Things I didn't know Araki had: the floor plan to Dio's mansion.

What a mansion Neat! It's so Victorian that it's almost painful. :allears:

What I've taken away from this is DIO needed a lot of places to poo poo

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_if8Y9PdDHg

I still can't believe it's happening so soon.

THE MUSIC'S BACK

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I can't be bothered to remember which of these losers no one cares about is dead or not.

You know, when you think about it, Gray Fly was one of the most effective assassins. I mean, without him, the Crusaders would have been to Egypt and back in like a week.

Actually they wouldn't have had Polnareff or Iggy, would have barely known each-other let alone have developed as people and DIO probably would've murdered them all

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

Yeah, Polnareff only hindered Jotaro against Dio. And I dunno, I kinda got the impression that it was experiencing stopped time that made Star Platinum realise its own power? So Jotaro would probably be able to fight Dio regardless.

It was almost definitely Joseph telling Jotaro in the first place that made it click

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oIX2HMqd_U trailer's up with subs

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Posting to find a link

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Baal posted:

We'll probably get the Part 4 tanks

Of course we would, why the gently caress would they cut Bad Company

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Something bizarre is happening on /co/

E: And it led me to this:

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Mar 3, 2016

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Baal posted:

I love the poo poo out of Part 4 and everything in it that isn't Yukako and Koichi's stupid faces, but when Josuke vaults over the baby and mom after destroying the motorcycle and reforms it without losing speed my heart skips a beat

The sniper fight with the literal rat is incredible though

And the time a plate of spagetti gets punched

And the time Josuke uses a man's own blood to shoot him with a shard of glass

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Baal posted:

I like insane and outrageous happenings as much as the next person, but those can't replace genuine ingenuity during a high-stakes situation where a character is required to make a do-or-die decision and they come up with something loving creative and awesome.

See: Jotaro vs D'Arby

How is shooting someone with their own blood neither of those things

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Anyone know where some good places to start looking for Kosaku Kawajiri Kira's wardrobe would be? Got a convention coming up in 2 months and I think I might be able to pull that off reasonably

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Baal posted:

Like if you were to ask me where Ratt exists in the timeline I would've told today between Keicho and Akira despite the fact it's after the latter.

SMDH at you forgetting one of the best fights in the series occurring in the best chunk of DiU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Hayato is the best kid ally in the entire series

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm two pages late on the Shizuka thing but I wanted to mention that she actually does come back briefly, she's how Rohan defeated RPS kid

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
What's up Jojo thread

For reasons I need a near life-size Killer Queen sometime in the next 9 days.

Anyone have any suggestions? Right now I'm thinking go to the local poster printing service, print two halves and tape them together.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

no they will not posted:

What reason is there for that

RubberLuffy posted:

Probably a sex thing. Which is understandable, I mean, it's Killer Queen.

I mean at least one costume is involved here so

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

WrightOfWay posted:

If you start murdering people and cutting off their hands please don't post about it in the thread.

No but I plan to bring a lunch bag with a hand sandwich

E: anyone got a good image of Kira's watch and shoes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Naerasa posted:

I come bearing gifts.

That's not a nice watch at all

This is the last time I trust Jotaro's fashion sense

Shoes like that are going to be tough to find though, I'll have to check around. Thanks!