Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Part 6 has been full colour or extremely close to it by JoJo's Coloured Adventure for a long time now. They're doing 5 in colour and black and white too, but there are others working on 5 too without their dog-poo poo typesetting.

As a matter of fact, JJCA posted Aerosmith part 8 like 50 minutes ago and have done parts 4 to 8 this week alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i have heard there are 8 parts to this series. i have to ask, which of these parts should i read first? part 5 sounds likely given the name, but i just wanted to ask to make sure...

Sailor Moon.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Uznare posted:

Please do not mentioned those garbage rear end scans ever again. They are awful and should never be read even if the translation is better.

I'm not sure what scans you're referring to because HQ B+W raws are being used for almost everything JoJo now, other than things you can legally buy which aren't being updated because of that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The colour rips are just stolen from Shueisha's online site. The colour jobs aren't always good, but there's no issue with scan quality.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://alovelyburn.tumblr.com/post/53883744812/meta-deconstructing-dio-jjba

Here's about a million words someone did about why DIO is Dio or something.

Tumblr has a lot of time on their hands. It's not bad, that being said.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jun 2, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A lot of it is reading too much into something that I'm pretty sure Araki never really thought too much about. The ship building in Stone Ocean is something I'd never noticed.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kurtofan is french, so I imagine s/he'll be able to tell you the quality of the French version.

The parts that are especially bad are going to be the ones that use the worse scans, which currently is everything after Narancia's Aerosmith.

Not to say the JJCA edition is especially good, because I don't know if it is.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm assuming they kept both yare yare daze and yare yare dawa?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Oddly, it's quite hard to find anime (other than the obvious ones like Naruto, One Piece, Bleach and Death Note) anywhere in my area of England. I always like to poke my nose in bookstores to try and see Phantom Blood or SDC and always leave disappointed.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Final OST was uploaded to YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdrkIEJQs6w

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The DIO end of the album is quite a lot better than the first half, which is just sort of re-hashy of all the rest.

The Kak's dead song is pretty sad.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The fractured "Stardust Crusaders" theme trying to break through in Final Battle and being drowned out by DIO's sort of gothic-ness is great.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Any sinister deep sounding DIO is wrong and bad.
Koyasu being neither of those things is why he's so good.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Senor Candle posted:

I mostly skipped 5 because I couldn't deal with the terrible translation, is there somewhere I could read a good summary of it?

GioGio hangs out with a gang of weird looking guys and fights more weird looking guys, one of them dies but doesn't die and then some more of them die and the one who didn't die died for good and then Diavolo has a confusing stand and GioGio and Diavolo fight over the an arrow to make their stand into a requiem stand with a new power and Gold Experience Requiem makes Diavolo die for all eternity. They do all of that because selling drugs to kids is bad.

Also Polnareff becomes a turtle.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, they are crafted from a meteorite.
I think he might have even gone into a midichlorian-esque thing and said stands are like viruses or something?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Meme Emulator posted:

I always feel bad when I think about how Polnareff is stuck as a turtle for the rest of his life

I would, but considering that he'd be dead if he wasn't, I guess that's for the best.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Giorno thing isn't really an idea that was really hinted at. It was just a "maybe Giorno is here too..." thing on a privilege card and not offered as a real possibility. Nothing like Josuke saving baby Josuke.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

E: Batoto has an upload date column, so you can always tell what's newest and in this day and age, what's newest is probably the best option for VA.

Silver2195 posted:

I deliberately avoided listing the Josuke thing because it's not clear that Araki even intended to hint at a time travel plot there.

Very true, and that's personally how I see it too.

It'll be very interesting when we get there in the anime in regards to voice actors.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jun 3, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Using Jack the Ripper is an easy way of saying "Dio is so evil that even the notorious Jack the Ripper bows down to him". I think it's pretty cool, honestly.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If in doubt, punch a hole through your mom. She won't even realise.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tomorrow

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It really doesn't change much. The young one is still saved by a stranger in his eyes, he doesn't know it was himself. It still shapes him growing up and influences all of his personality. The elder one figures out he saved himself, but if he hadn't had that experience in the first place, things would have been different and he'd be dead.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm probably mis-remembering but aren't Devil's Palms areas where the corpse parts have been?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The wall eyes are interesting because Araki made a point of saying that the corpse was buried/underground in Morioh though, so they could very well be Devil's Palm-esque themselves in that they exist because of the corpse and grant Stands.

e: I love JoJolion. The chapter where Johnny dies is the one that has Yasuho successfully licking her elbow and feeling proud of herself.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jun 4, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Enourmo posted:

It'd hardly be the first time, what with the whole Erina-in-the-coffin thing. They could easily have retconned that for less conflict (without the whole floating-with-Dio-in-the-false-bottom-for-a-week "explanation"), but they left it as written in the manga.

They also kept Stands need Hamon breathing too. Dedication to the plot holes is why David are right for the job.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I am eagerly awaiting finding out what time power JoJolion's final boss will have. I'm struggling to think of what is even viable at this point though.

Maybe something like manipulating things that already happened.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bohemian Rhapsody which brings Parts 1-7 to life in Morioh.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

standard owl posted:

I wonder if they'll end the episode on the split-second before Kakyoin gets World-punched to psych out anime-only viewers like they did with Polnareff.

No, because that means they're going to spend 20 minutes on around 0.8 of a chapter.

Joseph bites it today, and we might get as far as Jotaro/DIO crossing the road.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

Bring back roundabout for crossing the street

Roundabout would only really work on a cliff-hanger where someone's about to die or looks like they will. The way the timings are working out with timing, we possibly won't get one of those.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Walk like an Egyptian as they cross the street.
Ay DIO, what's good.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Previews: http://jojo-animation.com/contents/story/46.html

e:
DIO going 2-0 on Crusaders was destined to happen today.
Not only is it Pucci's birthday, it's national donut day. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Doughnut_Day

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jun 5, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

David cut that.

Wow.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This Kakyoin, is my world.

e: False alarm, they shuffled it up.
The shifting around is pretty balls. It works better in the manga.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 5, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Zeruel posted:

I heard people screaming on /a/ that they cut My World, is that true? I only just got off work so I missed the stream.

They delayed it. It happens when Joseph figures out Kak's message.

DIO is straight up super saiyan here. It's amazing. He's just flying like Goku. :allears:

e: Ends just after the MUDAMUDAMUDA vs ORAORAORA fist clash.

It's the best episode yet, even though I think the Kakyoin fisting scene shifting isn't the best idea. It is so good. So, so good.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jun 5, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That "TOKI WO TOMAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" in the preview. Holy poo poo.
Koyasu is DIO.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

Is this a reference to something? Or is it a weird fansub thing?

Just a silly image cribbed from DIO's World. I'll repost it here next time I come across it.

e: Never mind, you saw it in the anime thread.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 5, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Probably not, there's only like 9 weeks between him dying and coming back alive, it was an age without email as well so it'd be harder to get your opinions across.

It's probable that he always intended to bring him back. It'd suck a lot more if it wasn't classic Joseph when he comes back though.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bear in mind that Kira threatens to kill Fatty's mother and father before Shigechi himself, despite the fact that Kira almost definitely wouldn't hunt them down because he hates drawing attention to himself and that he's going to kill Shigechi anyway. Dude just wanted to traumatize him beforehand.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Things like that are what make SBR special to me too. Dio's there for all intents and purposes even if Diego is a greatly different character, but he's not actually the bad guy and by the time the first one dies, it's arguable if he's even a bad guy at all.

His second coming with The World is really cool, but it weakens SBR's narrative as a whole to me (and the art sucks at times for those chapters).

JoJo is totally about about DIO in a lot of ways, and is really interesting when it plays with the concept of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Worst Girl posted:

My unconfirmed, lack-of-basis theory is that Jotaro and Joseph learned how to properly manifest their Stands during their adventure, so they were able to keep them. Since Holly couldn't hone her Stand, it disappeared altogether.

I guess Josuke was so inspired by the mysterious Pompadour Wielder that his spirit grew strong enough to keep Crazy Diamond after DIO died.

Jotaro doesn't master Star Platinum until he's out of his coma. It loses all of its durability, changes appearance but gets a flat 5 second time stop. It's technically a different stand though if you want to nit pick it.