Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Josuke going back in time was just a fan theory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Aurora posted:

Isn't the SRB universe the rebooted original universe?

No, the SRB universe is just a reimagined setting. SBR was originally going to be its own thing instead of part 7 of Jojo.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Aurain posted:

http://araki100p.web.fc2.com/jojolion044.html

JoJolion 44 impressions.

Apparently, "Secchan's" name may have been revealed in the chapter and it may be.

Kujo Josefumi though this is the best I can extract from translate.

More:
Joseph* Kujo also had the Joestar birthmark.
* - I'm just going with Joseph because it's easier to remember/type and is the most likely romanisation

The romanization is definitely not Joseph but it probably is a reference.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Stairmaster posted:

Is man in the mirror the only stand name that actually explains what it does?

e: Diver down doesn't count

Does Highway to Hell count? I've always felt that one was clever.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Avdol knew about some of the earlier stand users beforehand so I'm guessing maybe it was primarily the Egypt arc villains that got their stands from the arrow.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

Wait yeah where would Josefumi even be on the family tree? Another hidden child like with Kyo Nijimura?

Either that or a descendent of one of the unnamed men and women on the family tree.

So he looks like (and has one of the kanji of) Josuke from part 4, his last name is Kujo, his first name is one character away from being Joseph... Gappy really is like practically every Jojo crammed together.

Edit: also Josefumi's eyes are the same as Crazy Diamonds I think

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

minoru suzuki posted:

i feel like his power was pretty simple to understand, more so than GER. also why wasn't GER born when black sabbath stabbed him with the arrow in the beginning?

The stand user themself has to stab their stand to transform it into a requiem stand.

Probably.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Davinci posted:

Holy toledo, (part 6 spoilers) Weather Report is a Joestar??? :wth: With all the stuff that I have been spoiled on for Part 6, I'm really surprised that managed to slip away unnoticed. Man, the Joestar bloodline is all kinds of hosed up.

No, he's not. He got the birthmark when Pucci absorbed the green baby because the baby was Dio's essence(?) (actually idk what it is. It's like a homunculus created from his/Jonathan's bone).

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Jojo games are more fun if you have friends who don't watch the show, or haven't seen all of it, and you have to explain why the gently caress anything that is happening on the screen is happening.

This is true. Several of my friends got into Jojo because of ASB.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The dub is a bit disappointing. JYB does not do a very good impression of an English accent at all.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Bina posted:

My friend hasn't seen JoJo, and I keep telling her her pup looks like Iggy.

But if she hasn't read it then why would you say that

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

YouTube's auto subs on this are pro-click

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Soulcleaver posted:

In the new dual-language DVDs, how badly do they butcher the names to get around legal issues?

As far as I know Santana is changed to San Viento and that's it.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

SBR and JJL are just a reboot, completely unrelated to the world at the end of SO. SO's ending was basically "the world reset so now the Joestars are free from the curse of Dio and the stone mask" while SBR is "ok, let's make a horse racing version of PB"

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

setafd posted:

Pucci's whole thing was that by resetting the universe like that, the souls of everyone outside him and the kid who was in his sphere of influence would live out their lives except their souls "remember" how things went before so they'll be at peace

or at least that's how the translation I read made it sound
Yeah, that's it. But since Emporio defeated him before the universe could loop, it became slightly different, with Pucci and the people killed by MiH not existing. In the case of the latter they're basically reborn as alternate versions of themselves and are all drawn together by "gravity" despite Stone Ocean having never happened.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Doc V posted:

I've seen people parroting the whole "SBRverse is not Ireneverse" thing without actually providing any sources for a while now, so I looked it up and, surprise surprise, it's total bullshit.

Excerpt from an interview with Hirohiko Araki published in the "Aomaru Jump" special edition of Shounen Jump in early 2004, translated from a transcript provided by @JOJO (emphasis theirs):
Interesting!
People are going off of an interview with Araki about All-Star Battle where he referred to it as a parallel universe (referring to the two Josukes existing in parallel universes). Looks like he either changed his mind by the time Jojolion came around or it's just another thing he forgot about.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I thought Rohan was a natural stand user, but he mentions getting shot by the arrow when he first appears, right?
Edit: Just checked the chapter he first uses it in and he doesn't. My bad.

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Aug 23, 2015

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Love Love Deluxe, huh? This is the first time a stand name has been (mostly) reused isn't it? Makes sense though given its hair-related powers. Guess that Karera was aYukako reference rather than a Kars reference.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Diego is what would have happened if kid Dio grew up normally, but also horses

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

There have been cases where people with multiple personalities change how their body is depending on each personality. However as far as I know that's limited to stuff such as some personalities having allergic reactions to certain things when others don't, or burn marks or scars only appearing with certain personalities. Araki seems to have taken it to the extreme, but Doppio and Diavolo have a very small basis in real phenomena.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I don't believe you

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Dzhay posted:

Over-thinking: how could alt-universe Di(eg)o's version of The World use a timestop without there being a Star Platinum equivalent out there to copy it from? (And could we not have kept dinosaur antihero Dio for the finale?)

The World didn't copy time stopping from Star Platinum. It's just the same type of stand.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I wonder what role Diego will play? I know he's basically Dio, but would he be into the whole heaven thing or what?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Holy poo poo, there was a scene in part 5 where they specifically pointed out that Coco Jumbo doesn't have a bathroom.

It was foreshadowing.

It's just Polnareff's soul in there though right? Souls don't poop. Probably.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Pros for All-Star:
-ACTUALLY, it's Good
-It was in the Digimon Movie before Shrek
-I guess that's not really a pro but i think it is important that people know the truth
-goes with the episode where Koichi's stand appears as an egg

Cons:
--I think the record label isn't owned by Warner Bros. in Japan so it's probably a no-go
-

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Joshuu is Dudley Dursley

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Jesus could walk on water and heal people because he was a hamon master and his stand let him transmute and duplicate matter (turning water into wine, making more fish and bread). It would be called something crazy with absolutely no relation to religion. Like 「Weird Science」or 「Hang 'Em High」(ok that last one is related but still)

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Prison Warden posted:

I was throwing around the idea in my head earlier today of a JoJo prequel series that involves Joshua bar Joseph as a young man going around the Levant fighting and helping people who have been possessed by all the djinn after the Romans uncover King Solomon's treasure vault. Then I remembered that I'm just some tool and fanfiction sucks and I got very sad. And that's my JoJo story thanks.

Don't worry, I've done the same thing. Let's be fools together and dream of JoJo part 0

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Butt Ghost posted:

Part 4 Jotaro has a good theme

Are those their themes playing in the trailers? I figured it was just level music. If those are character themes then I've gotta say, I miss the ones from ASB. I loved the references to the actual bands/songs like Kashmir during Will A Zeppelli's theme or Killer Queen in Kira's theme.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

I can't be bothered to remember which of these losers no one cares about is dead or not.

You know, when you think about it, Gray Fly was one of the most effective assassins. I mean, without him, the Crusaders would have been to Egypt and back in like a week.

It's all thanks to the power of his stand, A Bug

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I watched the whole story mode of EoH. It was more basic than I would have liked but it's not like the game's an RPG. I get why it had to be straightforward. But the main thing everyone wanted was the character interactions and it both did a good job and dropped the ball on that part.

Story summary:
(This is from memory and I had to look up a fair amount of kanji, so it might not be 100% accurate. The language used was easy for me to understand with the exception of Joshuu and sometimes Josuke though, so I'm fairly confident.)

Basically, instead of finding Diego from another dimension, the constantly spinning Valentine finds a dimension here DIO won and upgraded his stand. The World Over Heaven's ability is to 「rewrite」 「truth」, though I could be interpreting it wrong since I had to look up the former word in Japanese. Essentially he uses it to revive dead people (including twice for Kira (who doesn't understand why but the two versions aren't terribly bothered by it) and once for the base world version of himself (during Phantom Blood.) He also can control anyone with his "Eyes of Heaven" ability which creates this dark mist that takes them over. The mist ability apparently comes out of his hands though, which is important. Anyway, DIO fixes his infinite rotation problem He doesn't take over Valentine but takes his corpse parts (I think? Either that or the corpse parts leave on their own. DIO doesn't keep them and is looking through space and time for them. I don't recall.) and gets him to work under him. Valentine complies but plans to use the main characters to defeat him, since at the end of the day he just wants the best for America and DIO conquering everything is kinda bad for that.

At some point before the story Speedwagon gains a corpse part and a voice in his head (Jesus? I don't know) tells him what to do. The corpse parts end up creating these light cracks that send people to other areas in the same era, other eras, and in two cases another dimension. He arrives in the Stardust Crusaders era right after DIO's been killed and Jotaro has burned his book. The SC cast is at the airport but right before Polnareff can board his plane the dead crusaders arrive, taken over by the mist. N'Doul, who isn't corrupted, also appears and mentions after being defeated that he's working for "that man" before escaping in a flash of light with the others minus Kakyoin, who Speedwagon arrives in time to save with his corpse part. The corpse part chooses Jotaro, and they travel to Vento Aureo just after Diavolo is defeated. For the record over the course of the story the cast takes entirely too long to realize that "that man" is just DIO again, despite most of the villains that aren't corrupted being his henchmen from SC. Enya even points it out.

So over the course of the story they travel to the different parts' eras and recruit their respective casts and rescue the corrupted people with the parts. Jotaro usually makes a reluctant Joseph explain the situation, which really bothers him when he has to explain it to Josuke. Polnareff finds the turtle (with its original soul, not his) in the VA chapter so they end up fitting the cast in there. Jotaro keeps it in his pocket and "get in the turtle" confuses pretty much everyone they meet. You never see inside the turtle but towards the end it's mentioned that it's getting crowded. Each part's Jojo gets a corpse part and once they have 6 of them Jonathan and Josuke's begin to glow and open a light crack that sends them to SBR and Jojolion respectively.

Once they all have their corpse parts they reach Heaven DIO's dimension and get their asses kicked, with The World Over Heaven negating the effects of the golden rotation and Gold Experience Requiem. Star Platinum manages to punch fast enough to get past his guard and hit him in the head but he heals the damage using Over Heaven and steals/absorbs almost all of their corpse parts. Jotaro managed to hold on to his (I think it had to do with his resolve or something but I can't quite remember so take that with a grain of salt). The part teleports them away from DIO's dimension and they all regroup.

They eventually run into Valentine who drops some exposition and demonstrates that two objects from different dimensions disintegrate when they're near. Long story short they end up finding out the secret of his stand, with Jotaro ending up at the site of his final battle with DIO and finding his bracelets there. DIO fights and beats Valentine, Pucci and DIO discuss heaven and how DIO plans to use the souls of the main cast as the 36 sinners.

When you get to the final area everyone but Jotaro and Jolyne get absorbed and you fight him. Afterwards Jotaro realizes that DIO needs to use his hands to activate his ability and throws base-world DIO's huge bracelets at him, wrecking his arms. The end of the fight ends up being a mirror of the end of the last SC fight. Star Platinum ends up being able to use Over Heaven to heal himself since they're the same type of stand and he ends up defeating DIO more or less the same way as before. The universe returns to normal with the exception of the formerly dead companions surviving. Also there's a final scene that's the start of Diamond is Unbreakable except with baby Jolyne being there with Jotaro.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Interesting stuff in no particular order:

- Joseph doesn't recognize Speedwagon at first because he's young. He also doesn't recognize himself at first, with Old Joseph thinking "Who's this sweaty brat?" and Young Joseph thinking "Who's this dirty old man?"

- Unlike most of the other eras that take place either after or towards the end of their stories, Battle Tendency takes place during Lisa Lisa's training. The Pillar Men arrive looking for the red stone of Aja. Old Joseph manages to bluff pretty well, but after each line you hear his inner thoughts which are much closer to Young Joseph's attitude. He also reprimands his younger self for thinking that he's going to win against the Pillar Men no matter what because if he has an older self that means he survived.

- The VA cast calls Polnareff "Polnareff the turtle" which really confuses him. The cast then talks amongst themselves and realize that if it's his younger self then they shouldn't tell him he ends up turning into a turtle. They then tell him that they mistook him for someone else, and Narancia tells him he definitely won't turn into a turtle.

- Jonathan uses hamon to heal Slow Dancer for Johnny (he arrives right after the Valentine fight) but says that Johnny's wounds are too bad to treat with it.

- After restoring Joshuu from corruption he gets up in part 4 Josuke's face. His reaction is to have Crazy Diamond punch him in the face and knock him out. Josuke 8 asks what he's doing. Josuke 4 apparently thought that the corruption wasn't completely gone yet because of how Joshuu was acting. Part 8 Josuke thinks for a second and says something along the lines of "Oh, that's true." instead of correcting him.

- Joseph is incredibly awkward around Morioh since he recognizes it. Jotaro picks up on it and Joseph weasels his way out of it until they run into Josuke. Josuke recognizes the two of them but is surprised at "macho gramps." Jotaro tells Joseph to explain their situation as usual but he's really, really against doing it which makes Jotaro suspicious.

- While Jonathan and Josuke are in the parallel world, the rest of the cast waits around in Morioh. Jolyne goes for a walk and finds D'Arby, who wins her soul in a coin toss with a 2-headed coin. Jotaro wins it back in a cheating-poker minigame. You play it again later in the story for the secret of DIO's stand, but this time D'Arby doesn't have all the information on it, instead telling him that a man named Pucci would be the only one to know, as he acts as DIO's helper.

- Dio Brando and Diego Brando are working together but aren't fond of each other. It's interesting to see them talk because of how different they are, with Diego speaking normally and Dio constantly acting larger-than-life. It's almost like they have two different voices.

- Alternate Diego never shows up.

-Valentine knows about Gold Experience Requiem and mentions that Heaven DIO's power is similar.

- Corrupted Gyro keeps calling Johnny a terrorist.

- Jotaro doesn't recognize the SC villains that he didn't fight such as Mariah and Petshop.

- Jolyne admires Jotaro and insists on fighting along side him.

- Josuke thinks young Jotaro is kinda scary after he shouts at them.

- The Jojolion era takes place after Shakedown Road, so Josuke knows about the corpse.

- Kira Yoshikage (x 2) appears in the Jojolion world, and Josuke 8 is shocked when Josuke 4 says his name. He asks about himself but Kira doesn't answer. The Kiras both still just want a quiet life, and aren't trying to run into the heroes. They're just unlucky.

- Pucci impales himself on the same statue that impaled Dio in the Joestar mansion

Odd stuff:

- Jotaro doesn't really care about most of the other characters he meets aside from whether or not they're stand users. The exceptions are Jolyne who calls him dad and young Joseph who he still calls "old man" and thinks is way too noisy. He realizes who Jonathan is though.

- The fact that Giorno and Dio are related isn't brought up even once. One of DIO's end of battle quotes against (or with? I forget) Giorno has him saying he's never heard the name, so it can be assumed that he doesn't know. Giorno on the other hand has a picture of him in his wallet with his name on it, so what the gently caress?

- Caesar and Zeppeli don't acknowledge each other but they're only on screen together once, and it's as enemies.

- Unless I missed it, the two Josukes never tell each other their names. I guess it's just assumed that they told each other during the usual fade-to-black transition between Josuke explaining the situation doing to Jo2uke. Speedwagon calls him "Josuke with a hat"

- There's no interaction between Dio Brando and DIO. Diego and Dio are working together and mentioned that they agreed to work together and make decisions as equals, but I think they're only talking about the 2 of them, not Heaven DIO.

- Shouldn't Jonathan and DIO's body collide and disintegrate?

- DIO doesn't seem to care about Jonathan at all, and Jonathan doesn't comment about DIO much. At the end he leaves DIO to Jotaro because he thinks he has a better shot at beating him. When Pucci talks to DIO about absorbing the cast's souls he asks if it's really OK with him because "that guy" is one of them. I'm assuming he's talking about Jonathan but DIO doesn't give a poo poo.

- I believe when Jotaro meets Pucci (who has given up on his version of heaven by the way) in the Stone Ocean era, he says that it's technically the second time he's met Jotaro's 1988 self. Jotaro seems confused. So am I.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Baal posted:

Hahaha, this is stupid

Well, it's Jolyne from Cape Canaveral after she saw his memories and had a change of heart. That's where she ends up doing the same thing with oldtaro.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Baal posted:

That feels like a weird place to pull Jolyne from, but fair enough.

They picked weird places to pull the characters from. When you arrive there Jolyne and friends are looking for Pucci while C-Moon is loving up gravity. But when you go to part 4's Morioh, it's just some random time after the story ended. I have no idea when Phantom Blood's supposed to be.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Baal posted:

If you wanted to give Jolyne a male love interest you should've just made it Weather because he's actually cool

Otherwise she's life partners with Hermes and Foo Fighters or gay whatever

Weather's like 40 though

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Weather's theme sounds like a Weather Report song.
Joshuu's theme does not sound like a Nat King Cole song.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Stone Ocean's ending was an interesting idea but very confusing and a poor end to the main Jojo series. Hopefully SBR/JJL/whatever's next has a better conclusion.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I was rooting for Sono Chi no Sadame to play, but after seeing those edits on Youtube I think the one with Stand Proud actually fits the best.

It would've been a huge departure from the manga but it'd be neat if for a just a second DIO sees Jonathan instead of Joseph as he's about to explode. But I guess part of DIO's character is that he's moved beyond his feud with Jonathan on to larger things. Maybe. I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Gappy's theme is two themes in one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8RRe3jGfoA

All cutscenes from EoH subbed. Specifically cutscenes, not in-game scenes without fancy animation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcP6QGoJs8g

If you're not gonna translate stuff like "yare yare" or "muda" then why even add subs to it?
There's some questionable translations as well as phrasing that's not wrong but different from what most scans use (base world = fundamental world and Valentine's quote for instance) but nothing that affects it much. Maybe If I get the time I'll make some subs for some in game cutscenes. i will probably not have the time