Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
It's not weird; it's bizarre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Xibanya posted:

Hi thread, remember the chart from this lecture by Araki that Bad Seafood shared?

I'm loving this post and would also love to see more from you Xibanya.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

minoru suzuki posted:

no zeppelis in vento aureo was kind of a bummer

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Prison Warden posted:

and a neat explanation as to why so many stand users are

Are...?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Tonio should have joined the DiU group as the healer.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Prison Warden posted:

I like how he got a sex change off screen.

The sex change was jarring when I read through Stone Ocean but I realized that it made sense since there needed to be someone to tag along with Weather Report and the prison was sex-segregated. I don't know if that's the actual reason though.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Diamond is Forever

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

'your dog is the same breed of dog in this japanese series i like'

'what'

drat! gently caress!!! Wow!!!!!

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Fanart is extremely good.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Xibanya posted:

At any rate, I feel like too many authors use the "rocks fall, everyone dies" ending because due to time constraints, burnout, whatever it's tidier than closing any hanging plot threads.

Does this really happen? I can think of only a few examples where the story ended with everyone (or even most characters) dying.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Generally when should we expect the next Jojolion chapter?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Out of all the Jojos so far, possibly excepting Jolyne, Josefumi has been by far the most martially competent

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Red Bones posted:

I think Doppio looks different because Diavolo is contorting his muscles? I feel like that was mentioned somewhere, that its more of a posture thing and not a stand power that the two of them look different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIaF0QKtY0c

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
The chapter felt unusually short. Is it just me?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Mountain Tim.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

ascalapha odorata posted:

Every ounce of my being wants to make a friend of dorothy joke

Make it.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Not sure if anyone here knows what I'm talking about, but I wanted to give it a shot. Several months ago I was trawling some Japanese twitter account for Jojo fanart, and came across this series of "Deadly Sins" pictures featuring each Jojo antagonist. As it was super late at night at the time and I was pretty drunk, I thought 'Neat' and moved on and didn't save it. I've since tried to track it down several times and never managed to do so.

The most prominent one I remember is DIO sprawling out on silky red sheets, representing Sloth. Kira represented Lust, Diavolo represented Wrath, Dio Brando represented Envy, and so on. Each had a separate piece dedicated to them. The fanart was pretty high quality. Did anyone else come across this and/or can point me towards it?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Reading his comments also made me realize that I love DiU a lot because any other part would've loving killed Okuyasu, but nah, DiU goes through with some guy we barely knew, a fairly likable girl we also fairly knew and the villain.

I still think it's kinda lovely DiU brought back Okuyasu and damages the ending which was otherwise spectacular.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I'm not comfortable with Jojo music references outwardly resembling themselves, only DIO's the World should have that distinction

Blasphemer, you will not speak of Killer Queen that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm...not really certain I understand. What are those things, and why would giorno think they would stop the guy who magically freezes stuff from magically freezing the water?

Freezing takes time and energy/effort. In Jojo, even for people with magical Stand powers, they generally hold fast to physics. It takes more effort for Magician's Red to melt steel than to burn wood. Things that have more whatever takes more time and/or effort to freeze. Salt water, in particular, takes more work to freeze than fresh water. If you live anywhere above the Mason/Dixon Line then you may have seen snow plows sprinkling salt on roads to help melt snow.

It was a fairly clever idea by Giorno, he just underestimated how powerful the Stand was.