Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

My rooting interest is usually based on former Saberhagens, but when that comes down to Roosevelt Bolick vs. Marty Jordan ehhhh

I guess here's hoping for maximum Derrick Graves shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
scrotos I would consider just sitting Derrick Graves for the remainder

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Devo posted:

He should start him so they have the rest of the game to make up any runs.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
Undefeated when Nolan Rigby hits a homer in the game's first AB.

Devo posted:

Speaking from experience, no don't do that

Power of Pecota posted:

My rooting interest is usually based on former Saberhagens, but when that comes down to Roosevelt Bolick vs. Marty Jordan ehhhh

Bolick is joining my franchise career wins leaderboard after this season!

AlleyViper fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Aug 22, 2015

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
Go scrotos I guess?

I mean AV has two former Barons on his roster but I'm not super attached to either of them so

e: vvv :hfive: nvm go av fuk u scrotos

gardenald fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Aug 22, 2015

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I voted for Haywood, man

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
Thanks WiS for ruining the outcome of the game by emailing me a wrap-up email.

Congrats AV. At least I beat Jeff finally :toot:

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

If anyone wants my test server password so they can look around let me know.

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.
grats, AV

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

There were 3 worlds eligible for rollover today, and not a single one rolled. Way to go, HBD.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

FYI we rolled.

Holy poo poo everyone of my coaches is willing to come back.

Scrotos fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Aug 27, 2015

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Don Rapada

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I think it's probably time to start breaking it down in Salem. Vladimir Thompson's willing to re-sign at $6.75m/year for at least two years, Gill Hooper and Nate Floyd for $6.5m/year for at least three years, and Geraldo Fernandez wants 7m/year for at least four years. All of those guys but Floyd get 10/5 rights after this season.

Unless there's a really surprising case, I'm looking for guys who haven't started their ML clocks yet, otherwise I'm just keeping them and scrapping for a WC2 spot

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

lol

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

That makes me sad. Leo was a Dimaggio institution for like 5 real life years.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Devo posted:

That makes me sad. Leo was a Dimaggio institution for like 5 real life years.

his rookie year in the ML was literally my first-ever season of HBD in any world, so yeah, slightly over 5 years to be exact

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

This will be my 18th season in Dimaggio and he's been there kicking rear end literally the whole time

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
~*~*~*~ rip Leo Egan s11-s33 goodnight sweet prince you were too good for this world ~*~*~*~

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

I will meet you there.

start him

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
I will accept all of your pitching and a good SS. TIA.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I will also accept lots of good pitching, as well as a SS and CF

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Ugh this pitching FA class is dogshit

David Rosario gonna get overpaid

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
If Davewillie is really leaving us I would like to be the first to say I'll miss him

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

My FI wants to come back and this is the first time I've seen an FI willing to re-sign who is not dropping down to or near the base IF salary. He wants 2.94m, a raise from the 2.8m I signed him for last season.

e: also my AAA bench coach now wants to be my ML bench coach and is asking 2.1m, which is 400k more than my current BC is asking to return. I have also never seen that before.

AlleyViper fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Aug 28, 2015

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

They're tryin' to horn in on all that world series cash money

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Rick Newman continues to be the real MVP of my team, offering to stay again and sparing me the suffering of FI hiring.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

yo, how hosed up is the al east team that's open now & has anyone claimed it/gotten in line for it

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

yo, how hosed up is the al east team that's open now & has anyone claimed it/gotten in line for it

It was honestly competitive over the last two seasons despite the fact that no one actually logged in and played it. I don't know how the farm is looking these days but probably not good.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

This is Kent Page's age 27 year so he won't be dogshit, right? Right? Also Nash Brooks, Ronnie Griffin and Jamie Hardy are available. The pitchers at least will be tendered.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

People had told me they had some people interested in picking up a couple of the open spots but I've heard nothing since, so I don't know whether the interest was real or who knows what about the game. If you have recruits, let them know how to sign up (if they don't know already) and give the password plese. Otherwise I'm gonna work on a classified and/or open to pubbies early.

Thanks.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

i'm in for the al east team if i can get me the pw. pms, twitter (@trench_foot though i don't check it that much), irc.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Ended up getting in to one of the test worlds, trying to get my team set up, which of these guys would we rather play at SS (the other may be playing 3B if that helps inform the decision)? Leaning towards the latter.

AlleyViper fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Aug 30, 2015

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

i'm in for the al east team if i can get me the pw. pms, twitter (@trench_foot though i don't check it that much), irc.

Come get your whoopin.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

Ended up getting in to one of the test worlds, trying to get my team set up, which of these guys would we rather play at SS (the other may be playing 3B if that helps inform the decision)? Leaning towards the latter.

The guy who played Brant Peters as a shortstop last season would go for the former, but that honestly looks like a toss-up to me.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I'd take the glove and deal with the throwing accuracy errors if it were up to me. Don't want my SS kicking balls all over the field. I'd say the real answer is whichever one hits better and find another 3B in free agency.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

It turns out I totally already had the password and just didn't notice - I bought my season and got the team now

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Devo posted:

I'd take the glove and deal with the throwing accuracy errors if it were up to me. Don't want my SS kicking balls all over the field. I'd say the real answer is whichever one hits better and find another 3B in free agency.

Yeah, there are only three good FA hitters in this world and none of them are 3Bs.

This is what I'm looking at right now pending one FA outfielder:

I do like that I got Delino DeShields

AlleyViper fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Aug 30, 2015

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

I will meet you there.
are we any closer to getting this league started?

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

The broken bones posted:

are we any closer to getting this league started?

I'm posting a classified right now. No one recruited off twitter has said anything to me in days and didn't respond when I called for DMs so now it's first come.

If any of you've got people you wanted in, now's the time to get them set up and give them the password, don't hand them off to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

I will meet you there.
@atbobb was interested in joining, don't know if he picked a franchise yet. I gave him the password.

• Locked thread