Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
I got notice on my machine today that says I can upgrade to Windows 10 for free. Sounds tempting... very tempting. However, how do I know if this is real, or just a scam? Did I win some contest, or is everyone else getting this screen?

Why would they give their new OS for free? Here I am still using 7, although I was interested in 8, and I didn't even know there was a Windows 9. So 10 would be a huge leap forward for me. Sounds like a sweet deal if it is genuine but I am skeptical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A tomato
Aug 16, 2014

by Ralp
didn't a dog suck your cock or something

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

A tomato posted:

whoa

A tomato

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

A tomato posted:

do not disrespect skylark in yospos, or anywhere else for that matter

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

A tomato posted:

Microsoft does not comment on rumors or speculation

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
op there is no Windows 10, and 9 isn't even out yet. sounds like some adware hoax to me. time to buy a fresh hard drive

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
i didn't know dogs could suck

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Should I update? I'm on 8.1 atm.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Need a non-spergy opinion on the new WIndows system.

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat

Mad about your :10bux: ?

:haw:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Should I update? I'm on 8.1 atm.

I'm waiting for 8.3

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

Skylark posted:

srs pst

if you have 8.1 with classic shell, keep that, if ur a spergonaut, knock your own rocks off by installing windows 10, then sucking the nearest dick (not yours, thats gross, ew) and then promptly tossing the computer out the nearest window

yoispoise biethc

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

ty

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

Don't dogfood shitass alpha stage os for these assholes, tjats all thjey want, free labor

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

Let me be the first poster in this here thread to say:

gently caress Microsoft, gently caress Apple, gently caress Linux, gently caress everything and everyone

especially S......r, that silly microsoft ball-gargler troll

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Tangra posted:

Let me be the first poster in this here thread to say:

gently caress Microsoft, gently caress Apple, gently caress Linux, gently caress everything and everyone

especially S......r, that silly microsoft ball-gargler troll

bro, take a break from computers. omg

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it's legit and it's very win. it's so win that it puts the "win" in "windows 10," that's how win it is

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

a lot of people in yospos will try to tell you that it's fail, but really windows is pretty good, and a lot of people worked really hard on it so they should try saying something nice for a change.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
their next os will be bad then, to continue their good/bad trend since the beginning

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i just reserved my bits in case they run out of win 10 digital copies

can't wait

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I'll get it if I can install on another hdd instead of actually upgrading my working win7 install.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
i love downloading updates, and there's no bigger update than a new OS :)

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

yeah, uh, call me when they're on Win10 SP2 ands have ironed out all the poo poo everyone bitches about

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

windows 10 is windows-as-a-service. you only get it free for 1 year, then you have to pay a subscription.

you should definitely get a mac now.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

be careful op.
when i clicked on the icon, it installed a trojan, encrypted my hard drive and is holding it to a bitcoin ransom.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

PleasureKevin posted:

windows 10 is windows-as-a-service. you only get it free for 1 year, then you have to pay a subscription.

you should definitely get a mac now.

it's kind of like when microsoft sold the Xbox with an ethernet port and said it could do online gaming, then a year later said "oh and it will be $10 a month also ahah"

Voted Alligator
Apr 13, 2005
shpoods

Skylark posted:

why are you posting in yospos in that case ?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

As a Millennial I posted:

it's legit and it's very win. it's so win that it puts the "win" in "windows 10," that's how win it is

Epic thissery

slam flanders
Jan 13, 2015

even if it is true it's basically like if the titanic were to give away free seats on the holodeck

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

slam flanders posted:

even if it is true it's basically like if the titanic were to give away free seats on the holodeck

Fag.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

slam flanders posted:

:vince:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i dont think dogs can even generate suction

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

slam flanders posted:

this is a pretty good analogy. except it's only free to sit down for a while and they won't say how much it costs after that. then the ship sets sail with you on it and you have nothing to do but sit there then they reveal it's $10 an hour haha.

in this metaphor, the ship setting sale is you investing your time in the platform and then yeah.

thank you

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I'm pretty sure windows 8.1 is supposed to be the "good" OS this time around, so windows 10 will be very bad. Don't do it OP, it's a scam!

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I got the same deal on my computer screen, but i might just buy a linux instead. even tho it costs more for linux, its worth it

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

its very important to sayt hat its free as in free beer and not free as in free speech

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
make sure you reserve your copy or they may run out friend

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

PleasureKevin posted:

this is a pretty good analogy. except it's only free to sit down for a while and they won't say how much it costs after that. then the ship sets sail with you on it and you have nothing to do but sit there then they reveal it's $10 an hour haha.

in this metaphor, the ship setting sale is you investing your time in the platform and then yeah.

thank you

why are you still posting here.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

http://www.reddit.com/user/pleasurekevin

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

It's funny how he sincerely believes that his data is encrypted once stored the cloud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

BONGHITZ posted:

i dont think dogs can even generate suction

suckling milk is kinda a prerequisite for placental mammals

• Locked thread