Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

:spooky: WELCOME TO AUSPOL-ONLY ONE NIGHT ULTIMATE WEREWOLF ROUND THREE. :spooky:

(please do not post in here unless you are playing)

Description of game

The game takes place in a town of Townies and Werewolves. It goes for one night, followed by one day. During the day, the players cast votes. At the end of the day, the player with the most votes is lynched. This lynch determines which team wins the game.

Preparation

This game is played with cards, each of which has a role printed on it. These are Role Cards. First I shuffle a deck of Role Cards and deal each player a single Role Card. There will be three Role Cards left over; these go in the Leftovers pile.

Before the night phase, each player looks at their Role Card. The Role Card will tell you who you are, and what if anything you can do during the night phase.

Night phase

Each role has a night action. At night, each player submits their night action. I will make a post setting out the order in which night roles are to be resolved. (This order will refer to all possible Role Cards, including those which are not assigned to any player but are instead discarded to the Leftovers pile.) I will then process each night action in that order. If I need to send you the results of your night action, I will do so.

Day phase

The players wake up and post.

At the end of the day, the thread will be locked. Each player then submits their vote to me by PM. This means that all votes are effectively cast simultaneously.

Once all the votes have been cast by PM, I will reveal them in the thread, along with the game result.

The player with the most votes is lynched. If it's a tie, and the tied players each have more than one vote, both those players are lynched. If at least one player currently holding a Werewolf Role Card is lynched, Town wins. Otherwise, the Werewolves win. (Note: This game also features a Tanner, who has a different win condition. This is explained in the post below, where the roles are listed.)

:spooky: What you REALLY need to understand :spooky:

1) Some night actions result in Role Cards being reassigned during the night. When you wake up for the day phase, you may no longer be who you thought you were. (Moreover, you generally don't get to look at your Role Card at the start of the day phase.)

2) Because the Role Card you are dealt before the night phase may be different from the one you wind up holding during the day phase, your win condition may be different as well (e.g. you may have started as a Villager but become a Werewolf overnight).

3) Because three Role Cards are discarded to the Leftovers pile, and not dealt to the players, not all roles will be in play. (For example, there may be no Seer, no Hunter, or even no Werewolves.)

Roles and order of night actions

Check the next post!

Rules

Usual mafia rules. Don't edit your posts. No discussing the game outside the thread. In One Night Ultimate Werewolf, you are not allowed to PM other players or start a scumdoc or masondoc with them, even if you are on a team with them.

Players

Anidav
Asphyxious
Birdstrike
Mad Katter
MaliciousOnion
Matthew Beet
Mithranderp
MysticalMachineGun
Sky Coq
The Narrator

What happens now?

You must get ready to receive a role PM, and respond to it, on Thursday 4 June.

The game itself will run from 2pm-10pm Friday 5 June, Melbourne time.

If you cannot do either of these things, please PM me ASAP.

Also, we are a little short of players, so if anyone else wants to play, please PM more or post in the thread! :siren: Also, players, maybe you can encourage some more people to join! :siren:

Those On My Left fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jun 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

well, I did say I would make this game a little crazier, so without further ado:

:spooky: ROLES :spooky:

The following Role Cards will be shuffled at the start of the game. Each player will be dealt a single Role Card. There will be three leftover; these will be discarded to the Leftovers pile.

Villager x 2 (Town aligned)

If you are dealt a Villager Role Card, then you have no night actions!

Werewolf x 1 (Werewolf aligned [duh])

Night action: If you are dealt the Werewolf Role Card, then at night one of two things will happen. (1) If another player was dealt the Mystic Wolf Role Card, you will each receive a PM from me that tells you who the Mystic Wolf is. (2) If no other player was dealt the Mystic Wolf Role Card, I will PM you telling you this. You may then PM me requesting that I reveal one of the Role Cards that was discarded to the Leftovers pile. (This may enable you to make a successful fake roleclaim.)

Mystic Wolf x 1 (Werewolf aligned)

If you are dealt the Mystic Wolf Role Card, then at night the following things happen:

First night action: One of two things will happen: (1) If another player was dealt the Werewolf Role Card, you will each receive a PM from me that tells you who the Werewolf is. (2) If no other player was dealt the Werewolf Role Card, I will PM you telling you this. You may then PM me requesting that I reveal one of the Role Cards that was discarded to the Leftovers pile. (This may enable you to make a successful fake roleclaim.)

Second night action: You may PM me the name of another player. I will tell you what Role Card that player is currently holding.

Tanner x 1 (3rd party)

Different win condition: If you are holding a Tanner Role Card during the day phase, then you win if you get lynched. If a Werewolf or Mystic Wolf is also lynched (i.e. if there is a tie), Town also wins. However, if no Werewolf or Mystic Wolf is lynched but a Town person is also lynched in a tie, the Tanner wins alone.

Apprentice Seer x 1 (Town aligned)

Night action: If you are dealt an Apprentice Seer Role Card, then at night you can PM me the number of one of the Leftover Role Cards (1, 2, or 3). I will PM you, telling you what that Role Card is.

Robber x 1 (Town aligned)

Night action: If you are dealt a Robber Role Card, then at night you may choose to PM me the name of another player. You will swap the Role Card that you currently hold for the Role Card that the other player currently holds. I will PM you, telling you what your new Role Card is.

Troublemaker x 1 (Town aligned)

Night action: If you are dealt a Troublemaker Role Card, then at night you may choose to PM me the names of two other players. Their Role Cards will be swapped. You will not learn what either Role Card is.

Witch x 1 (Town aligned)

Night action: If you are dealt a Witch Role Card, then at night you may choose to PM me the number of a Leftover Role Card (1, 2 or 3) and the name of a player. I will then reveal to you what that Leftover Role Card was. Then, the Role Card belonging to your chosen player will be swapped with that Leftover Role Card. You will not learn what Role Card that player was initially holding.

Minion x 1 (Werewolf aligned)

Night action: If you are dealt a Minion Role Card, then at night you will be told which players (if any) were dealt the Werewolf Role Card and the Mystic Wolf Role Card.

Different win condition: If you are holding a Minion Role Card during the day phase, you win in the following circumstances. (1) If a player is holding the Werewolf Role Card, or a player is holding the Mystic Wolf Role Card, you win so long as neither player is lynched (even if you are lynched instead). (2) If no player is holding the Werewolf Role Card or the Mystic Wolf Role Card, you win as long as a player other than you is lynched.

Paranormal Investigator x 1 (initially Town aligned)

Night action: If you are dealt a Paranormal Investigator Role Card, then at night you may PM me the names of two other players.

First, I will then PM you the Role Card that is held by the first of those players. If that card is a Werewolf Role Card, or a Mystic Wolf Role Card, or a Tanner Role Card, your night actions end.

However, if you did not reveal one of those Role Cards, I will then PM you the Role Card that is held by the second of those players.

If either investigation revealed a Werewolf or Mystic Wolf Role Card, the Paranormal Investigator Role Card is now Werewolf aligned, and the person who holds it in the day phase wins if the Werewolves win.

If either investigation revealed a Tanner Role Card, the person who holds the Paranormal Investigator Role Card during the day phase wins only if they are lynched.

Village Idiot x 1 (Town aligned)

Night action: If you are dealt a Village Idiot Role Card, then at night you must PM me, telling me whether or not you choose to execute your night action. Your night action moves everyone's Role Card (except your own) to the player who is alphabetically next in line. (The Role Card belonging to the player in the last alphabetical position goes to the player in the first alphabetical position.)

Insomniac x 1 (Town aligned)

Night action: If you are dealt an Insomniac Role Card, then at the end of the night phase I will PM you telling you what Role Card you currently hold. (This may sound insignificant, but it actually means that the player who is dealt the Insomniac Role Card is the only player who knows for sure who they are when the day phase starts.)

:spooky: ORDER IN WHICH NIGHT ACTIONS OCCUR :spooky:

1) The Werewolf and the Mystic Wolf find out which other player was dealt a Werewolf or Mystic Wolf Role Card (or the lone Werewolf or Mystic Wolf reveals a Leftover Role Card to themselves).

2) the Mystic Wolf reveals another player's Role Card to themselves.

3) The Minion is informed which players (if any) were dealt the Werewolf and Mystic Wolf Role Cards.

4) The Apprentice Seer may reveal one Leftover Role Card to themselves.

5) The Paranormal Investigator may use their night action, which may reveal (to themselves) the Role Cards of up to two other players, and which may change the alignment of the Paranormal Investigator Role Card.

6) The Robber may swap their Role Card with another player.

7) The Witch may reveal a Leftover Role Card to themselves, and swap it with another player's Role Card.

8) The Troublemaker may swap two players' Role Cards.

9) The Village Idiot may move each other player's Role Card to the player who is alphabetically next in line.

10) The Insomniac looks at their Role Card.

:spooky: ANY QUESTIONS? :spooky:

Those On My Left fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jun 5, 2015

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

:siren: :spooky: ATTENTION: THE NARRATOR :spooky: :siren:

It appears you do not have PMs. Please post an email address so that I can get in touch.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Sup haters?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
:D

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Game to be played Friday night? Man, it's almost like you assume we all have no li--

Never mind.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Checking in.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
It is time!

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Those On My Left posted:

:siren: :spooky: ATTENTION: THE NARRATOR :spooky: :siren:

It appears you do not have PMs. Please post an email address so that I can get in touch.

there was an email here but now there isn't

The Narrator fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jun 3, 2015

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Thanks, you can edit that out now if you want.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Hello

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

I have updated the second post with my chosen roles for this game. You may now all begin baying for my blood.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Those On My Left posted:

I have updated the second post with my chosen roles for this game. You may now all begin baying for my blood.

You are a loving monster

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Baying for greatness.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

I miscalculated - we needed one extra Role Card. We will now also be using the Insomniac.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Holy poo poo, those Paranormal Investigator and Village Idiot roles :psyduck:

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

:spooky: :pcgaming: :spooky: I HAVE SHUFFLED THE DECK AND AM DEALING OUT THE ROLE CARDS :spooky: :pcgaming: :spooky:

See you all back here at 2pm tomorrow! PM me if you don't get your Role Card PM!

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

:siren: :spooky: :pcgaming: :spooky: :siren: IT IS NOW DAYTIME :siren: :spooky: :pcgaming: :spooky: :siren:

The day will end at 10pm Melbourne time.

Once the day ends, you must PM me your vote. You do not have the option of withholding your vote.

Good luck.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

So day 1 lynch anidav yeah?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Hello

Last night I was the apprentice seer. I looked at a leftover card and it was a Werewolf card.

So that's nice.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
:siren::ghost::spooky:##vote Anidav:spooky::ghost::siren:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mithranderp posted:

Hello

Last night I was the apprentice seer. I looked at a leftover card and it was a Werewolf card.

So that's nice.

so i didn't play the last game and the first game ended up being a mass role claim, is that till the way to go?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Let's do this :clint:

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Matthew Beet posted:

so i didn't play the last game and the first game ended up being a mass role claim, is that till the way to go?

pretty much

we all claim, and use the info we have (if any) to deduce who is a lying liar

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Matthew Beet posted:

That's pretty much it. It's more about role claiming and finding the liars.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Last night I was the witch. I took one of the leftover cards, which was a werewolf card, and gave it to Anidav.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

The Narrator posted:

Last night I was the witch. I took one of the leftover cards, which was a werewolf card, and gave it to Anidav.

Which number card

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Matthew Beet posted:

Are you the idiot?

no wait

Are you an idiot?

no wait

You're an idiot.

fixed

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Mithranderp posted:

Which number card

Leftover card #3.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

The Narrator posted:

Leftover card #3.

I also looked at levtover card #3. So I reckon you are probably telling the truth.

Let's all lynch anidav.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Okay last night I was the insomniac and now i'm a villager.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

Are you the idiot?

no wait

Are you an idiot?

no wait

You're an idiot.

fixed

:(

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Who was the village idiot and did they execute their action?

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Mithranderp posted:

I also looked at levtover card #3. So I reckon you are probably telling the truth.

Let's all lynch anidav.

Barring interference from the troublemaker or the village idiot, that is.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
I was the Troublemaker. I switched Anidav and Matthew Beet.

The only way that this could reconcile with what has been posted so far is if the village idiot used their move after I made the switch. Does this mean that Mithranderp is now a werewolf?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Narrator posted:

:aaa:

I'm the PI - Anidav was the Village Idiot, and I also investigated Mith (and can back up her claim) so unless someone swapped me around I didn't change to the werewolf side.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

The Narrator posted:

Barring interference from the troublemaker or the village idiot, that is.

Yeah, and I'm betting the idiot did execute their action. I would if I were the idiot.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I am the idiot and you're all shuffled. Believe nothing.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Wait what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Of course Anidav was the village idiot

• Locked thread