Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ahhh your just upset because i was making fun of wrestling fans.

i'm sorry, it's all a real sport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

If Beet's the tanner wouldn't he want us to lynch him?

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Matthew Beet posted:

okay. sure I guess?

i'm not entirely sure what the second quote is for? that was just me updating your list with coqs info based on what we had at the time.

I may have misinterpreted the claims. You claimed to have been the insomniac and are now a villager. If Mad Katter's summary is accurate though, you should be a werewolf now. So either you're lying or Katter's lying, I guess.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

The Narrator posted:

I may have misinterpreted the claims. You claimed to have been the insomniac and are now a villager. If Mad Katter's summary is accurate though, you should be a werewolf now. So either you're lying or Katter's lying, I guess.

i didnt' claim to be the insomniac, i am the insomniac. coq backed it up because he got to see my card. unless you're implying he's lying too now.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
To be fair on beet, the question isn't if he was the insomniac, that's been established. The real question is if he is telling the truth about the role card that was revealed to him at the end of the night phase.

I think the evidence shows he is lying.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Wait, sorry Narrator, that's exactly what you said. I was confused by Hambeet's reply.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Sorry Beet, I'm still trying to work this all out.

Coq is the robber, you are the insomniac.

Coq Robber swaps his card with yours. You are now the robber.

I (witch) give anidav the werewolf card.

Troublemaker katter swaps anidav and malicious onion. Malicious onion is now the werewolf.

Anidav supposedly uses his village idiot action. It makes you the werewolf.

I'm not certain. I don't know who to trust, obviously.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mad Katter posted:

To be fair on beet, the question isn't if he was the insomniac, that's been established. The real question is if he is telling the truth about the role card that was revealed to him at the end of the night phase.

I think the evidence shows he is lying.

As opposed to confessed liar Mad Katter :thumbsup:

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
One of the missing pieces is that Malicious Onion never said what they originally were.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

well vote where you thinks best. i know what i am this morning and i am the only person to know, actually so i know what's gonna happen if i'm voted. someone else must be lying but i'm not sure where due to my inexperience with this game, i've only played one game of this before and i was the werewolf then so there wasn't much to learn and take away from that game.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

The Narrator posted:

One of the missing pieces is that Malicious Onion never said what they originally were.

yeah. MO never mentioned what he is.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
was, whatever

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
also whoops I forgot village idiot doesn't move the idiot's card. So ugh i don't know

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Matthew Beet posted:

well vote where you thinks best. i know what i am this morning and i am the only person to know, actually so i know what's gonna happen if i'm voted. someone else must be lying but i'm not sure where due to my inexperience with this game, i've only played one game of this before and i was the werewolf then so there wasn't much to learn and take away from that game.

I really don't know either so :shrug:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

The Narrator posted:

Troublemaker katter swaps anidav and malicious onion. Malicious onion is now the werewolf.

yeah i get that. i can see it's possible for anidav to NOT use his power and honestly it doesn't matter if he uses it or not because it's an easy power to track what happened. What matters is whether he lies about what he did ,waiting for someone to claim werewolf so he can reveal if he really did or not.

no one thinks it's odd why no one has owned up to being a werewolf? Mith and Narrator back each other up about there being a werewolf card in the spares, so there's one still in play that no one admits to?

Birdstrike posted:

As opposed to confessed liar Mad Katter :thumbsup:

lol. yeah i wondered why no one commented on it, especially as it makes me a target now so.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Maybe Onion is the werewolf.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

The Narrator posted:

wait.

If anidav and malicious onion were swapped, and MO isn't talkign about his role it's probably safe to assume until otherwise informed he could be the other werewolf.

if anidav didn't use his power would that mean they're both werewolfs still? how does that work?

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Matthew Beet posted:

yeah i get that. i can see it's possible for anidav to NOT use his power and honestly it doesn't matter if he uses it or not because it's an easy power to track what happened. What matters is whether he lies about what he did ,waiting for someone to claim werewolf so he can reveal if he really did or not.

no one thinks it's odd why no one has owned up to being a werewolf? Mith and Narrator back each other up about there being a werewolf card in the spares, so there's one still in play that no one admits to?

lol. yeah i wondered why no one commented on it, especially as it makes me a target now so.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do think it's odd, but i'm not particularly sure what to make of it. Maybe someone anticipated the village idiot causing trouble if they claimed werewolf?

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
For what it's worth (not much), I did the same thing in a previous game that the town ended up winning. Having someone out themselves when they think their role has switched can be quite a game changer.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mad Katter posted:

For what it's worth (not much), I did the same thing in a previous game that the town ended up winning. Having someone out themselves when they think their role has switched can be quite a game changer.

Or you didn't know what to do with so many switches in this game and you as an anti-town role?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

well gaspy claimed tanner so that's only MO and one other who hasn't claimed, is that right?

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Matthew Beet posted:

wait.

If anidav and malicious onion were swapped, and MO isn't talkign about his role it's probably safe to assume until otherwise informed he could be the other werewolf.

if anidav didn't use his power would that mean they're both werewolfs still? how does that work?

Birdstrike says they swapped Gaspy and Onion. Gaspy said he was the tanner. I definitely gave Anidav the basic werewolf card. If he idioted or not, he would still have it then.

If we take birdstrike and gaspy at their word, onion ended up with the tanner and may or may not have given it to you in the idiot swap.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Wait if MO was wolf and Anidav used his power

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

Wait if MO was wolf and Anidav used his power

this is what people were talking about an hour ago. keep up.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
gently caress

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

The Narrator posted:

Birdstrike says they swapped Gaspy and Onion. Gaspy said he was the tanner. I definitely gave Anidav the basic werewolf card. If he idioted or not, he would still have it then.

If we take birdstrike and gaspy at their word, onion ended up with the tanner and may or may not have given it to you in the idiot swap.

idiot card plays last, so they keep the card they have at the end yes? that would mean anidav is definitely a werewolf?

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Matthew Beet posted:

idiot card plays last, so they keep the card they have at the end yes? that would mean anidav is definitely a werewolf?

I guess?

If anidav ended up with the card and used the idiot power, his card wouldn't have changed. so if no-one else swapped things with anidav, he would still be a wolf

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I wolfed myself

Wolfstrike
:negative

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

##vote anidav

if he was swapped werewolf and then idiot played out he still holds it

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hey guys, deadlines in a minute

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

:siren: :spooky: :siren: THE DAY IS OVER :siren: :spooky: :siren:

Please PM me the name of the player who you would like to lynch. You do not have the option of withholding your vote.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

:spooky: :parrot: :spooky: THE VOTE :spooky: :parrot: :spooky:

Anidav voted for Matthew Beet!
Asphyxious voted for Matthew Beet!
Birdstrike voted for Asphyxious!
Mad Katter voted for Matthew Beet!
MaliciousOnion voted for Matthew Beet!
Matthew Beet voted for Mithranderp!
Mithranderp voted for Anidav!
MysticalMachineGun voted for Anidav!
Sky Coq voted for Matthew Beet!
The Narrator voted for Anidav!

Matthew Beet received 5 votes (from Anidav, Asphyxious, Mad Katter, MaliciousOnion and Sky Coq).
Anidav received 3 votes (from Matthew Beet, MysticalMachineGun and The Narrator).
Mithranderp received 1 vote (from Matthew Beet).
Asphyxious received 1 vote (from Birdstrike).

:pcgaming: :spooky: :pcgaming: MATTHEW BEET IS LYNCHED :pcgaming: :spooky: :pcgaming:

As your friendly moderator, I will reach across the table and reveal Matthew Beet's Role Card. It is:

Mystic Wolf (Werewolf aligned)

:parrot: :parrot: :parrot: WINNERS :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

The Winners are:
- Anidav
- Asphyxious
- MaliciousOnion
- MysticalMachineGun
- Sky Coq
- The Narrator

Everyone else loses.

To explain why, I will now reveal everyone's Role Card.

Anidav finished the game as the Robber (Town aligned).
Asphyxious finished the game as the Witch (Town aligned).
Birdstrike finished the game as the Tanner (3rd party).
Mad Katter finished the game as the Minion (Werewolf aligned).
MaliciousOnion finished the game as the Troublemaker (Town aligned).
Matthew Beet finished the game as the Mystic Wolf (Werewolf aligned).
Mithranderp finished the game as the Werewolf (Werewolf aligned).
MysticalMachineGun finished the game as the Apprentice Seer (Town aligned).
Sky Coq finished the game as the Paranormal Investigator (Town aligned).
The Narrator finished the game as the Insomniac (Town aligned).

If people like, I can post a full run down of what happened overnight, although it might be more fun for you to try to piece it together yourselves.

I hope you all had fun! Feedback welcome; if I'm going to run this I want to know how to make it fun for you guys :)

:spooky:

Those On My Left fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jun 6, 2015

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Take that, dogs.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Thanks for running TOML!
I was worried that it was going to be solved by 5pm, I thought several players did a good job of keeping the discussion alive to the end with fakeclaims or at least not fully claiming.

I hope how Mith ended up discourages us from mass claiming in the first hour for future games.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

lol. I thought I had sown enough disinformation.

good game.

I've been werewolf 2/2 now

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

Thanks for running TOML!
I was worried that it was going to be solved by 5pm, I thought several players did a good job of keeping the discussion alive to the end with fakeclaims or at least not fully claiming.

I hope how Mith ended up discourages us from mass claiming in the first hour for future games.

What's your concern about the mass rush claim?

I don't know if mass claims will ever be discouraged and I don't know if it should be. It seems to be the best course of action for town. Because of the structure of the game ,here's no risk of a hammer or people jumping to wrong conclusions that can't be rectified before the day closes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Thanks toml, I enjoyed this much more than the first game.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Great game, thanks TOML. I was a bit worried for a while because there was a chance I'd lose by voting for Beet. If it's not obvious, I was the mystic werewolf.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Holy poo poo, I called it as Mith and I was right! :aaaaa:

What did I end up as at the end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Holy poo poo, I called it as Mith and I was right! :aaaaa:

And then I voted for Anidav :doh:

• Locked thread