Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
And we are back after a long loving hiatus from this show. The Brit playing the American finally got healed and they finished shooting. Summary of the final season:

quote:

Damien Scott (Sullivan Stapleton) and Michael Stonebridge (Philip Winchester), along with the rest of Section 20, are enlisted to crack a missing-persons case in Bangkok. This elite undercover unit of British intelligence quickly realizes that what seems on the surface to be a simple kidnapping is actually the first step in a massive terrorist plot with global implications. Scott, Stonebridge and the team crisscross Asia and Europe, battling Japanese Yakuza, Russian Mafia, cyberterrorists, elite mercenaries and other deadly forces. Series regulars Robson Green, Michelle Lukes and Milauna Jackson also return for the season; new cast members include Michelle Yeoh, Will Yun Lee, Dustin Clare, Max Beesley and Michael McElhatton.

Season Premieres on Friday, July 31st at 9PM Central Apparently it's out in Engolond

Iseeyouseemeseeyou fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jun 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

This makes me very happy. I'd like to see this turn into a movie franchise with the same actors afterwards. It's just a fun show and would make for a great run-of-the-mill action franchise a la Bourne or Mission Impossible.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

The Brit playing the American finally got healed

Australian. cough cough

True story, he's married to a friend of a friend. Who's also Yael Stone, of Orange Is The New Black fame.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
This is my ultimate guilty pleasure show. I know the plots are bad, the acting is bad, and it's pretty much just guns and tits. I don't loving care it's so much fun to watch.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Jose Oquendo posted:

This is my ultimate guilty pleasure show. I know the plots are bad, the acting is bad, and it's pretty much just guns and tits. I don't loving care it's so much fun to watch.

Strikeback.txt

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?
I am by no means sure, but according to the little tv calendar website I use to keep track of the shows I watch, this starts again this week.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS

richardfun posted:

I am by no means sure, but according to the little tv calendar website I use to keep track of the shows I watch, this starts again this week.

Yes it starts tomorrow in England.

I'm so happy this show is back. It sits alongside Banshee and Spartacus in just pure fistpumping awesomeness. Scott & Stonebridge are a brilliant duo. The show has a pretty impressive list of recognisable faces in cameos too. Just great fun overall, nonstop action and wisecracks. Real macho poo poo :D

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Excellent.

I do feel this thread deserves a better OP than it has right now. Something with loads of gifs of explosions and beautiful women in various states of undress.

Let's face it, those are the reasons we watch the show. And to hear Scott call Stonebridge 'buddy' all the time.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

richardfun posted:

Excellent.

I do feel this thread deserves a better OP than it has right now. Something with loads of gifs of explosions and beautiful women in various states of undress.

Let's face it, those are the reasons we watch the show. And to hear Scott call Stonebridge 'buddy' all the time.

Yeah, I've been busy with work and only able to phone post lately. I'll get around to updating it with all the gifs I can find of Sinclair before tonight. Also wtf! Why does UK get it 2 months before US?!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm about to watch it now... My expectations are obviously very high.

Quick spoiler gif for yall....

Richmond

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Goddamn the last 15 minutes to this episode were so tense. So glad Strike Back is on again.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
When i reload a nail gun, i shout, "CHANGING!"

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
8 Minutes in, there has already been a big shooutout with explosions and a boat is being chased by a jetski which is being chased by a motorbike which is being chased by another motorbike.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CeeJee posted:

8 Minutes in, there has already been a big shooutout with explosions and a boat is being chased by a jetski which is being chased by a motorbike which is being chased by another motorbike.

That UFC dude Micheal Bispin is alright too.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Rocksicles posted:

That UFC dude Micheal Bispin is alright too.

And that corrupt Thai cop is the Vengeance Angel from Only God Forgives. The cast this year is just 'here is a pile of money, get me the 10 most badass people that buys'.

edit: that was a lot of headbutts for UK television, did they finally decide censoring that is dumb as hell ?

CeeJee fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jun 4, 2015

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CeeJee posted:

And that corrupt Thai cop is the Vengeance Angel from Only God Forgives. The cast this year is just 'here is a pile of money, get me the 10 most badass people that buys'.

Still got GANNICUS to come

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS

Rocksicles posted:

And The Albino from Banshee :D It's like they've combined all my favourite shows!

First episode was, as expected, balls out of the bath mental. Bloody brilliant. God I've missed Scott and Stonebridge cracking jokes and generally having a good time.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I'm so excited this show is back. It filled the gap and lack of Jack Bauer in my life, by turning Jack into 2 people and sending them all over the world.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jack Bauer is a 5'6" pussy

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The lack of worldwide simultaneous release remains baffling, but I guess it gets me Strike Back a month or so early.

And apparently the next three episodes are already On Demand... if you have Sky and live in the UK.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Stonebridge has to step up now and shag all the women they save if Scott is with Richmond.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Martinez has to step up now and shag all the women they save if Scott is with Richmond.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Rocksicles posted:

Wait, Dustin Clare is in this season?

And the albino from Banshee?

Jesus christ. I thought this episode already hit all the right spots. I'm not sure my body can handle that much awesome. :stare:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The first episode involves Scott cruising on a jetski and ramming into a small wooden canoe, which then immediately explodes. Yep, that's our Strike Back alright :allears:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Wow, the internet actually failed me. Despite the first four episodes being available on demand I can only seem to get the vaguest spoilers about what happens. Goddamn it brits, post online! :colbert:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is the last season, i'm watching this one week by week. No spoilers, no nothing.

James R
Dec 22, 2006

I hear they're still eating paper. Is that true?

Narcissus1916 posted:

Wow, the internet actually failed me. Despite the first four episodes being available on demand I can only seem to get the vaguest spoilers about what happens. Goddamn it brits, post online! :colbert:

I've watched the first four episodes on Sky Go.

If you want a spoiler that will crush your very soul read the following.. **WARNING. SPOILER.** Richmond is killed and the fourth episode ends with Scott cradling her limp dead body and not saying buddy to Mike.

NastyPBears
May 2, 2003

Robots don't say "ye"
So when do we get episode five, what's going on with this!?!?

James R
Dec 22, 2006

NastyPBears posted:

So when do we get episode five, what's going on with this!?!?

I am pretty much afraid that we have to wait till five weeks after it starts airing on TV.. which is probably the start of July. I don't rightly know why we got the first four on demand only; either do a Netflix and release it all, or release it weekly.

In the voice of Damien, "gently caress YOUUUUUU."

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

James R posted:

If you want a spoiler that will crush your very soul read the following.. **WARNING. SPOILER.** Richmond is killed and the fourth episode ends with Scott cradling her limp dead body and not saying buddy to Mike.

I knew in my heart what that spoiler was before I even hovered over it. God drat it.

James R
Dec 22, 2006

PaybackJack posted:

I knew in my heart what that spoiler was before I even hovered over it. God drat it.

The up side to that spoiler is Damien Scott is already a badass. Think what the gently caress he's going to do to get the bitch that killed the woman he loved. Crouching Tiger, Getting hosed.

Edit:

Episode 3 had a PHENOMONAL moment in it when *SPOILER* the supposed bad guy from the first few episodes who had kidnapped a girl and cut her finger off sacrifced himself in THE most badass way storming towards Thai SWATT with a shotgun blowing a few away before being taken down, and then when the Chief/whatever of the Police is taunting him about dying he pulls the pin on a grenade he had, grabs the cop and shouts "See you in the next life motherfu-BOOM."

James R fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jun 10, 2015

NastyPBears
May 2, 2003

Robots don't say "ye"

James R posted:

I am pretty much afraid that we have to wait till five weeks after it starts airing on TV.. which is probably the start of July. I don't rightly know why we got the first four on demand only; either do a Netflix and release it all, or release it weekly.

In the voice of Damien, "gently caress YOUUUUUU."

I knew I shouldn't have binge watched them.

And that spoiler mentioned above. Things can only get Strike Backier...

James R
Dec 22, 2006

NastyPBears posted:

I knew I shouldn't have binge watched them.

And that spoiler mentioned above. Things can only get Strike Backier...

Did you see the trailer for episode 5? The boys are going into North loving Korea! This can only get crazy levels of awesome. I mean, c'mon!

NastyPBears
May 2, 2003

Robots don't say "ye"
I managed to miss that, I hope they don't trip over any Vice reporters...

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Episode 2 was a big jump up from the premiere, I thought. While the premiere was largely concerned with the ticking clock and therefore didn't have time for much character work, this episode starts to lay out what the season will be exploring later.

And I cannot wait.

Also, I was getting serious Sleeping Dogs vibes from the first episode and felt kinda terrible since Thailand does not equal Hong Kong. And then I just saw that they cast Wil Yun Lee in a major role. So goddamn giddy.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

James R posted:

Please tell me you're trolling, buddy :(

Seriously, what? They already pulled that poo poo twice, once for each of the boys, with Kerry and Rebecca. Scott just had that scene last season. Besides, Richmond is supposed to take command of Section 20. Right, guys?

... right?

bou
Aug 3, 2006

Vegetables are dangerous!

Strike Back :perfect:

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
It looks like he's got a live wok in that boat, along with about twenty watermelons and pineapples. :allears:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Holy poo poo, there's a wok in the boat. That's amazing. I love how the show does all the stupid silly poo poo but tries to earn every inch of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
You guys ever been to the floating markets? Pretty much every boat has a gas bottle wok and pineapples...

• Locked thread