Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

Kegslayer posted:

I thought the show wouldn't cost that much since Trion was partially footing the bill but I guess since the game has kind of sunk as well, financing must have gotten harder considering the Expanse is also apparently SyFy's attempt at the next Game of Thrones.

Aside from Minority Report, there was also Killjoys, the 100, Continuum (finished)12 Monkeys, Dark Matter (lol) and all those zombie shows that fall into sci-fi viewing so its not like it was the only thing on TV.

Didn't the game go free to play after like a year? Or has it only been free to play for a year? I only just tried it out the last couple of months. It's fun, and there were a surprising amount of people online at any given time, but I don't know how they intend to keep such a large world going on microtransactions alone.

And yeah, I suspect the reason a lot of shows got the early warning to wrap up their storylines this season was to free up funds for The Expanse. The reviews coming out of the screenings suggest they have to be shovelling cash into the production values with a backhoe.

I'll miss Defiance, but I'll always be grateful they didn't end it on a cliffhanger or anything like that. It was sad, but satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread