Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie

it's entirely because i only really listen to the news on my commute but i'm really unclear on what's happening with the whole FIFA thing. there were corruption charges, the guy in charge got re-elected and now he resigned??? mostly i'm wondering just what kind of corruption was happening, but any information would be welcome. thanks in advance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues

the fifa stuff is called "football", op

fema crisis actor

bweee-ooo-eee-ooo-eee-ooo
It's fun to say.

FEE-fah

bacalou

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3722474&pagenumber=1

here you go op, theres a thread (and forum) just for you

Bwee
fifa is an internet acronym for "fixed that for you," used when you quote someone but edit their post

Savage For The Winjun

Lizard Wizard posted:

it's entirely because i only really listen to the news on my commute but i'm really unclear on what's happening with the whole FIFA thing. there were corruption charges, the guy in charge got re-elected and now he resigned??? mostly i'm wondering just what kind of corruption was happening, but any information would be welcome. thanks in advance!

all the top fifa officials were taking millions in bribes from arab oil princes to host the world cup in dubai (where its like 120 degrees) in facilities built under slave labor conditions (i think they said like 60+ dead workers per game of soccer that will be played at the world cup)

Scaly Haylie

wow that's pretty corrupt

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

fifa officials killed hundreds of orphans 'for a laugh' but they got found out and a guy who said he didn't know about it quit the end

fema crisis actor

bweee-ooo-eee-ooo-eee-ooo
*a hoarse whisper emanates from the tomb*

~feeeeeee-fahhhhhhh~

cuntman.net

go read some news you goon

treasure bear

Twilight Matrix posted:

all the top fifa officials were taking millions in bribes from arab oil princes to host the world cup in dubai (where its like 120 degrees) in facilities built under slave labor conditions (i think they said like 60+ dead workers per game of soccer that will be played at the world cup)

qatar not dubai

Ace of Baes

fema crisis actor posted:

*a hoarse whisper emanates from the tomb*

~feeeeeee-fahhhhhhh~

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

poverty goat

america is trying to strongarm the rest of the world into not calling soccer football

poverty goat

its part of a plan to whitewash the FISA courts

railroad terror

choo choo
"Fee fah! Fee fah!" said the horse.

"It's OK Buckles.....The Blotter has been defeated. Seth Blotter..."

Well old man Swardson knew there was a lot of work to be done. Blotter may have been defeated, but it was going to be up To America To Rebuild It, and he took Buckles and Rode off into the sunset.

The End

shabbat goy

Haha "blatter." Like for pee. Like he's filled with stinky pee! Haha! It's funny.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

ulvir

for some reason, people are shocked that someone who's head of an international multi-million dollar organisation might be what you call "corrupt".

verily carefree

*pines in earnest for a time when the earth was inhabited only by males of each species*

i am he

ulvir posted:

for some reason, people are shocked that someone who's head of an international multi-million dollar organisation might be what you call "corrupt".

nobody is shocked actually and Fifa is worth billions

i am he

people have been saying Fifa is hilariously corrupt for years, the fbi actually arrested people this time is the difference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

viva la Fifa

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

• Locked thread