Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

The existence of at least half of the cities in the U.S. is so archaic I don't get it. People live in the shittiest place with the worst weather because it was a mining town 100 years ago, military reasons, there was oil, or an industry at some point. Does no one stop and look around and wonder why the gently caress they haven't left? See: Detroit

And Phoenix
And the flyover states

And pretty much everything but the west coast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Because people don't always have money to leave or stick around for other reasons?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

The existence of at least half of the cities in the U.S. is so archaic I don't get it. People live in the shittiest place with the worst weather because it was a mining town 100 years ago, military reasons, there was oil, or an industry at some point. Does no one stop and look around and wonder why the gently caress they haven't left? See: Detroit

And Phoenix
And the flyover states

Oh I'm sorry how's your drought going

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Kansas was P. Cool in a lot of ways.

I liked living in Manhattan, a small town of 42,000, and would easily move into the country 5-10 miles outside of some bigger city limit. Far away from the general population, but "going to town" isn't an all day affair.

People in general loving suck, being away from everything and having land where I can do whatever I want is my jam and my end goal in life.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Yeah, like half of California is based on unsustainable agricultural and water use practices, we really shouldn't be throwing stones here.

MurderBot posted:

Kansas was P. Cool in a lot of ways.

Also this.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

And Phoenix
And the flyover states

Like I've said, we need the Northeast. That's where America bottles up its hate.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

And Phoenix
And the flyover states

Phoenix exists for people who don't do enough meth to live in Vegas and too lame for LA to go

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Marrying that would give anyone PTSD.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Painting looks kinda like a long haired Corey Feldman :munch:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

looked in the army subreddit to see if there's any news on the email that killed AKO, and came across this- incident reports from Korea

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Stabbing someone with an epipen is a pretty rough chuckle

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

Stabbing someone with an epipen is a pretty rough chuckle

we used to stab the expired ones through a piece of cardboard to see how far we could shoot the juice

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
What does epinephrine do to someone who doesn't need it?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Adverse effects[edit]
Adverse reactions to adrenaline include palpitations, tachycardia, arrhythmia, anxiety, panic attack, headache, tremor, hypertension, and acute pulmonary edema.[33]

Use is contraindicated in people on nonselective β-blockers, because severe hypertension and even cerebral hemorrhage may result.[34] Although commonly believed that administration of adrenaline may cause heart failure by constricting coronary arteries, this is not the case. Coronary arteries have only β2 receptors, which cause vasodilation in the presence of adrenaline.[35] Even so, administering high-dose adrenaline has not been definitively proven to improve survival or neurologic outcomes in adult victims of cardiac arrest.[36]

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Lol cerebral hemorrhage is a p pro-tier prank

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

On the way to work today I saw the aftermath of a brand new Mustang ramming into the back of a parked city bus at 35+ mph and it put a smile on my face the entire day

That Mustang driver, of course, had done this 100 ft after leaving the gate to the base

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Oh hell yes, story time.

So there's two forms of Epinepherine *lets call it epi* that we use, one is subcutaneous which is 1:1,000 ratio and intravenous which is a 1:10,000 ratio. I'm 99% certain the one's they give to soldiers is the 1:100 ratio.

we use the subq version for your alert, oriented people who are having anaphylatic shock syndromes, maybe someone who's blood pressure took a poo poo as well as heart rate, lots of things. you get the adrenaline feeling going, heart palpitations, nausea, supraventricular tachycardia *heart rate at like 220-230* but that's not super common, not with that version. It's like the most, crazy super hyped up version of some pre-workout you can think of.. but only lasts a few minutes at most.

The 1:10,000 is used for your code blue patients, it's part of the advanced cardiac life support rhythm, used in individuals who are in V-Fib, V- tach or asystole, and helps essentially kick start that heart into beating.

We had a nurse that took over a severe anaphylaxis patient after eating shrimp and was about 10 seconds away from getting a tube down his throat. The nurse thought she overheard "epi I.V" when it was "get me another I.V" So she, like the good nurse she was, gave a dose of epi to a conscious patient I.V

The patients heart rate was at 120, jumped up to 215, the guy literally projective vomited across the entire E.R bed, had a loving seizure and was throwing PVC's *premature contractions of the ventricles* near constantly, which means he was in something called bigeminy.

The dude's eyes looked like they were about to pop out of his head and he kept saying "im gonna die, oh my god, im gonna die," which Im sure was what it feels like when you get a 10,000 higher dose through the veins. The dude started changing random colors too, white, then red, then pink, then white, then red.. Holy gently caress everyone was freaking the gently caress out.

about 10 minutes later the dude was coming off his adrenaline high and was feeling better, because, you know, when you super dose someone with the med it usually works out... The kid was like 22 and was like "whoa that was intense.. lets do it again" kinda bullshit, so nobody got sued but he got a nice stay in the I.C.U that night.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What happened to the nurse?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

What happened to the nurse?

She gave branis a handie in the waffle house bathroom.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

She got written up, had to teach the entire hospital proper medication administration, and I think she had to do two days of orientation with our boss where the dude literally just walked around with her the entire time pretty much asking her questions about every single thing she did to ensure proper nursing safety and medication administration safety.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Hey if you guys wanna rile up your fb pose

http://www.newsweek.com/its-time-haul-down-another-flag-racist-hate-361929

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
:stare:

I don't give enough of a gently caress to go on a Facebook rant about that, but that's retarded as gently caress.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I'm... not even mad. I'm just disappointed that someone is idiotic enough to believe something that loving dumb.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

holocaust bloopers posted:

So Ben Affleck tricked Jennifer Garner into watching their kids while he took the nanny and Tom Brady (in Brady's private jet) to Las Vegas so he could nail her. The nanny is pretty hot.

Those rings are Pussy+++. A buddy of mine's sister used hang out with Garret Heartley and he seemingly did not care too much about maintaining possesion of his SB ring beyond being able to stuff her.

It was kind of underwhelming seeing it without the actual team.

It was still a treat though :a2m:

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Aug 12, 2015

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Those rings are Pussy+++. A buddy of mine's sister used hang out with Garret Heartley and he seemingly did not care too much about maintaining possesion of his SB ring beyond being able to stuff her.

It was kind of underwhelming seeing it without the actual team.

It was still a treat though :a2m:

Kickers and punters getting SB rings is almost the same as DH's and batboys getting WS rings.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Lazy Reservist posted:

Kickers and punters getting SB rings is almost the same as DH's and batboys getting WS rings.

this guy has a super bowl ring for being eli's backup

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Oh I've seen that guy before.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnRbXn4-Yis

god i hope there's a theater showing it in 70mm near me

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

this guy has a super bowl ring for being eli's backup

The only thing the Giants used him for was to basically be an under-center fullback on 4th and short. He was pretty good at it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Godholio posted:

The only thing the Giants used him for was to basically be an under-center fullback on 4th and short. He was pretty good at it.

dude owns 100%

he's trying now to start a social media thing to get onto the Jets now that Geno is eating through a straw

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Sorry I have to share this

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Sorry I have to share this

Well looks like i'm headed back to the states

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I got babbys first major airline delay! Every 30 minutes they push it by an hour. At this rate I'll be too drunk to recognize the message it is cancelled. Airports are kinda cool in that all the hot chicks travel in yoga pants and the wal Mart contingent roam the terminal so it's a real treat of awesomeness and horror.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I got babbys first major airline delay! Every 30 minutes they push it by an hour. At this rate I'll be too drunk to recognize the message it is cancelled. Airports are kinda cool in that all the hot chicks travel in yoga pants and the wal Mart contingent roam the terminal so it's a real treat of awesomeness and horror.

I had one get pushed from 1700 to 2400 in 30 minute increments. It was agonizing.

Still doesn't top the time I waited 36 hours for a flight the airline never sent but forgot to cancel, and when asked for a refund they refused because "the flight arrived at its destination on time with 0 passengers aboard, and it's not our fault everyone was a no-show."

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

I had one get pushed from 1700 to 2400 in 30 minute increments. It was agonizing.

Still doesn't top the time I waited 36 hours for a flight the airline never sent but forgot to cancel, and when asked for a refund they refused because "the flight arrived at its destination on time with 0 passengers aboard, and it's not our fault everyone was a no-show."

:catstare: Jesus man. Luckily this is a work flight so if poo poo goes south it's another day of drinking and no work. Being at the airport isn't so bad when you aren't in a hurry.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fart Sandwiches posted:

:catstare: Jesus man. Luckily this is a work flight so if poo poo goes south it's another day of drinking and no work. Being at the airport isn't so bad when you aren't in a hurry.

gently caress it man, I love being at airports. Ain't got a care in the world while you're at the bar waiting for a flight, everyone else is alone and drinking too so it's real easy to chat up the women.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I waited 6 and a half hours on an AWACS before the squadron commander allowed us to cancel the flight for the day. In the mean time, he kept asking me to run takeoff data for every runway combination possible "just to see."

Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

holocaust bloopers posted:

I waited 6 and a half hours on an AWACS before the squadron commander allowed us to cancel the flight for the day. In the mean time, he kept asking me to run takeoff data for every runway combination possible "just to see."

Ugh.

Your squadron commander is a dick.

• Locked thread