Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Two Finger posted:

i never want TCC to go away

someone post the story where the dude baked himself in his car because he was so out of it

Is that a metaphor for smoking pot, or was it something literal and amazing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Two Finger posted:

no it's better than that she was asking how to appeal the insurance company's (rightful) decision to deny her 'accidental death' claim because his bloods came back showing massive levels of narcotics

holy loving lol

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3583393

Jesus. On the one hand, it's a hell of a story. On the other hand, the dude's children are basically doomed. Thanks for the link.

Edit: SA bodycount: don't forget the Slenderman slasher. Nobody died, but compared to, say, Caro, it's downright comical.

Double edit: Whoops. Guess the Slenderman slashing actually was a fatality. Go, Something Awful.

Arc Light fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 7, 2015

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

When the NJP is for pretending to murder a prisoner, using live ammo, it rises above the usual "PVT Snuffy got a DUI" kind of NJP.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

What are some other Blu-Ray must haves? About to pick up tron. They usually around $15 and come with a digital and DVD edition which I give away so it almost feels charitable buying 'em

Everyone else already jumped on the really good ones.

Make sure you go for the extended edition for the LOTR trilogy, as a cruel test of endurance.

Escape From New York. Doomsday. Children of Men. Gladiator. The first Matrix.

Oblivion looks amazing on blu-ray. Edge of Tomorrow, too. Say what you will about Tom Cruise, but he's been pretty solid on sci-fi the last few years.

The complete Star Wars collection looks nice, but it has some great extras. Lots of deleted scenes I hadn't come across before.

TheWhiteNightmare posted:

starship troopers

starship troopers

starship troopers

starship troopers

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Ughhh. Made the mistake of watching Saving Private Ryan while drunk. That drat casualty notification scene made me all teary-eyed in front of my date. Still got laid, but now she probably thinks I'm some kind of sissy who has emotions.

Two Finger posted:

I reread the ballad of beanie and dude you deserve poster of the loving year

If you asked me about the finest sociopath in GiP, I wouldn't in a million years suspect it was Beanie. But here we are.

Edit: that's not criticism. I'm sorry you couldn't goad the guy into murder/suicide. You tried your best.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Rad Lieutenant posted:

the day I really start to reconsider my life choices.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Jesus, that's a hell of a year. Sorry to hear it.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ptdJFFAy68

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Mike-o posted:

burned in a bonfire at the center of the poo poo pond

I heard they cleaned up poo poo pond back in '12. That's when I knew for sure we lost the war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I had to sit through training on the new AF inspection system. The very first example they use as a lovely failure of old inspection culture:

Commander won't be pleased.

• Locked thread