Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Mmm, I guess it's not fair for me to ask you to see what I see. What I see is Hurt framing his argument to be talking to you, Hal, and not to me, and to be saying "I don't trust you, Hal...but you're the good guy and Diqnol is the bad guy, shouldn't you listen to me?" in tonality and framing, particularly at the very start and the very end. He's saying that you're both the same at the same time he's saying he's torn between us. It reeks of ulterior motive. Hurt is scum.

Mafia edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I feel like the way Hal and I have played are the same while I am not sure which one of you is scum or not. You are reading way too into this. You basically said yourself that his vote was identical to mine for PMach.

This post fits perfectly with my earlier feeling that Hurt used his vig to line things up for himself. He's trying to play Hal against me rather than actually going for Hal. Everything he's said so far has been Anti-Hal, so this post reads like he's trying to get Hal to see him as a rational person. Rational people don't need other people to believe their rationality; it should speak for itself. Hurt is our final scum. Hal, I'm ready to vote for him. Now is the time where we can discuss.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Then again this feels like scum trying to buddy up to a town.

I do like how both of you got pissed at a similar post.

I do not like the narrative that you have concocted for me, Diq. Especially since it ignores the antiHal stuff that I have been worrying about in order to make it look like I am cuddling up to him.

I think Diqnol is the scum and am willing to vote on it.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm not ignoring it, that is exactly what my problem with your posts is. You're going on about how you aren't sure, how you don't trust either of us, how this decision is AGONIZING to you etc etc and at the same time word things like you aren't talking to me (did you think I wouldn't notice that?) and, as you succinctly put, placing posts on a platter for Hal to see you as reasonable or something. You aren't objectively viewing things, you're trying to play one definite side while pretending to play both. It's bullshit.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

##vote Dr. Hurt

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

##unvote

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Well, at least I know Hal isn't f5ing waiting for a vote to put down. I want to see what he has to say before we venture forward but if you have anything else you want to discuss, I'm around, Hurt.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Look at your wording of Hal's post and mine. Look at the exact same vote for Ghastly between the two of us.

Diq posted:

Another bad vote. I didn't think so at the time because it agreed with my opinion on GG but looking at the rest of his posts, he never brings up GG until a couple posts before this at which time he asks GG if he'd retire when voted for.
for me

Diq posted:

A reasonless deadline vote, a pattern with Hal so far.

Bad vote v. reasonless vote. In your wording you have constantly pushed the fact that I am badguy and that you are the pure assaulted party because I am making cases back at you. Your tortured innocence. Why did I focus on you when I first posted, because you already had outlined me and Hal. Not because of some sinister scheme that I proposed because you were suspicious.

Oh please. You responded to things I said and implied you thought I was scum in it and followed it up with you attacking me. That's just thoughts about me, not general thoughts. You were directed to look at me because I forced you to, I think.

Here we have Diqnol get mad because I made a case about him. I guess there's a bit of pot calling kettle since Diq is mad that I'm wording things to Hal, so here we have it. Is this an OMGUS, well possibly but I really feel that Diq is bad now. The way he is trying to both control the course of action today as well as control the narrative makes me feel it.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Hal please get in here so we can do this, Good the Bad and the Ugly style.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm here, I'm still going back and forth. My read of the thread and my gut are disagreeing. I think Dr. Hurt has played a scummier game but I can't shake my feeling on Diqnol. I don't want to drag this out either though.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I wish this could somehow end in a rap battle for the victory

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Can one of you stop posting like scum please, jesus christ

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm going to reread this loving game ONE MORE TIME and THATS IT. I just want it to be over honestly, I'm almost ready to vote and let poo poo happen

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Can one of you stop posting like scum please, jesus christ

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Hey I'm going to the store right now, so please don't do anything rash in the next 30ish minutes. If that's cool with you two, then when I get back that'll give you guys some time to read and prep? Is that okay?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dr. Hurt posted:

Hey I'm going to the store right now, so please don't do anything rash in the next 30ish minutes. If that's cool with you two, then when I get back that'll give you guys some time to read and prep? Is that okay?

Let's turbo him before hw gets back

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I...I can't do it. I can't reread this thread again. I've read it so many times now and I just...cannot. Hal, I'm willing to trust you, but I want to be clear: I am trusting you because I am too lazy to go back to countercheck my read again. It's come down to this and I feel like I am responsible for the result of this entire game but I can't help but feel neutral about it. If I win, I've helped a gimpy town pull out a win when only RoyDrowsy really deserved the win. If I lose, I've helped a gimpy scum team that poo poo everywhere all game and even had a modkill get a win. No matter what the result, I'll be annoyed. Mix that with rereading this game 5 times and how often I've found myself sitting at my computer wondering if posting was going to happen and finding none and we arrive at where we are now.

Hal has been a nonfactor all game. He has not made any cases, he has not pushed any votes, he has not justified the votes he DID make outside of a single post. He's been noticeably absent for much of the game. He has no investment in the game. He couldn't even be bothered to come rap with his man Diqnol. He deserves a vote.

Hurt has been playing like balls too, but I sense a maliciousness behind his actions. He voted poorly and coasted on jokes and non-content for a lot of the game and seems to only get involved once its clear he should be on the defensive. He frames his posts to push an agenda with someone whose alignment he should have no clue about which, ironically enough, he also claims to have no clue about. His actions don't add up.

There's a golden bullet, too, that I realized as I wrote this post up. Hal didn't show up to his rap battle with me. You might be thinking, whuhh? Weren't you just calling him scummy for that? Yes, I was, but wouldn't scum make sure they were there on something as public as that? Wouldn't a scum Hal play along with my jokey rap battle and coast the goodwill generating a rap would cause? I don't think Hal does that as scum. I think we have a conclusion. Lets win this game!

And guess what? We still have to rap battle, Hal. If not here, it will be in the discussion thread.

##vote Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I think it's time to take out the scum
there were many contenders, but Diqnol's the true one.
I'll drop this vote like I drop my beat
##vote Diqnol hope he feels the heat.

Hal the choice, it's all in your hand
Do what the fans of the game demand.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm going to get a salad, feel free to do whatever

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh no wait ##vote diqnol

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You rhyme like R. Kelly takes a piss,
You look for an innocent and make sure not to miss,
Todays the day this game comes to a close,
Don't let this poser lead you by the nose,
I'm here to drop scum like I promised and poo poo,
You post like a bad guy, you gonna get hit
I can't look away from the trainwreck named Hurt,
He wants to bring everyone back to the dirt,
gently caress this dumb poser, I am the best ever,
I succeed in my every endeavor,
And so we will end on the beat of a win,
Vote out this gently caress, he must pay for his sin.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bitch

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Oh. :redhammer:, RIP

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Why weren't you quicker diqnol

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm at work you butthole

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Diq spent too long in the rhyming dictionary
drawing it out longer than a game of pictionary.
The hammers been dropped chump
get out of the mafia slump
and here I am hen-getting like the cat with the canary.

:henget:
yeah I bet.
I may be a trainwreck but i'm the best one yet.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

What have I done....

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Do you see what you're posting? Can you read what you've said?
You've let a bad vote from Hal get to your head
You post like a pissboy, your game in here sucked
Have fun with your win, bitch, I hope you get hosed

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

drat that was cold but your posting wasn't so hot either I'm told

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm not gonna lie, that was a bit mean. It's just that his victory's loving obscene.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Do you see what you're posting? Can you read what you've said?
You've let a bad vote from Hal get to your head
You post like a pissboy, your game in here sucked
Have fun with your win, bitch, I hope you get hosed

It's all in the game, Diq no harm done.
Just move past the stress and get on with the fun.
I raise a glass and make a toast to the beautiful town
and to poor Epsilon plus, the victim of a clown.

Taste please get back into the thread
to let me know if I'm lucky or am better off dead.
So Diq I'm a pissboy, well hey that's a little shallow
but I'm alive and I'm posting while you swing from the gallow

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Wouldn't it be fun if I really won? :wotwot:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

gently caress. No.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Haha yeah that is what I thought might have happened.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Win or lose there is one lesson to be had
All of us played kind of bad

Really the best move the scum made
Was with whom in the end he chose to have played

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Well, to be honest, at the end of the day
I'm not too upset with my level of play
It's still a lot better than most of the game,
To that end it'd be silly for me to feel shame.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

You would think that you arrogant fellow
When it came time for the rap battle you were totally yellow

To be honest most of your posting felt pretty phony
Hope you are better at singing or you'll never win a Tony

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hal, I actually was there that night but I never saw you post. That's the truth.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal, I actually was there that night but I never saw you post. That's the truth.

But but but... I was here waiting for you to post! Bible!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

No, I really was here, I just wasn't posting because I was playing video games. Also, wasn't it supposed to be Saturday night, not Sunday night? I was here the whole time anyway, just not paying attention to anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

No, I really was here, I just wasn't posting because I was playing video games. Also, wasn't it supposed to be Saturday night, not Sunday night? I was here the whole time anyway, just not paying attention to anything.

No I said I wasn't available until Saturday afternoon then you said Sunday after 8.

I really was around looking for you to post too, I wasn't funning you

• Locked thread